49ers fans perspective of the Seahawks after the draft

Chevy

Reaction score
I came across a video of two 49ers fans that were discussing the Seahawks team from their perspective. After watching the video they seem to have really good knowledge of our team and players; which makes their opinion unusually unbiased. It's nice to know what more level headed opposing fans think of our team.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Nice takes by both guys, I enjoyed hearing their perspectives. But, is it just me, or does the dude on the left look like he's dressed as a Star Trek Next Generation character, complete with the ear device? Almost made it hard to listen to what they were saying.

Mick063

Reaction score
John and Pete receiving more praises from these 9ers fans than some dot net grumpies.
The internet has made it fashionable for dissent to be your calling card. There are people that will dissent for the sake of dissent, oppose for the sake of opposition, and do so for no other legitimate reason. It is a "Look at me" type mentality. If folks aren't paying attention to you then you will do and say things that will cause them to pay attention to you. Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, and Steven A. Smith took it next level and brought it into the mainstream. The whole idea is to invoke emotional reactions so that folks will finally start paying attention to you. The "grumpies" consider bad attention to be better than no attention at all. The problem is that it is like a drug. You have to go with increasingly higher doses of outrage to get that equivalent level of "attention dependent" high.

Last edited:

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I came across a video of two 49ers fans that were discussing the Seahawks team from their perspective. After watching the video they seem to have really good knowledge of our team and players; which makes their opinion unusually unbiased. It's nice to know what more level headed opposing fans think of our team.

They're not fans, they work for a Bay Area sports radio station. The guy on the right, Larry Krueger, has been in Bay Area radio at least 20 years.

Rainger

Reaction score
They're not fans, they work for a Bay Area sports radio station. The guy on the right, Larry Krueger, has been in Bay Area radio at least 20 years.
Thank you for that info but I think someone who lives in the bay area can be a radio announcer and still be a Fan. Pretty sure that Brock and Salk are still fans of the team. Well maybe not so sure about Salk over the years.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
That was a good watch. Better coverage than you get from TV pundits. I think they are about spot on…we’ll see how we match against the 9ers, probably a lot closer than many think.

Hawknight

Reaction score
D

DomeHawk

The internet has made it fashionable for dissent to be your calling card. There are people that will dissent for the sake of dissent, oppose for the sake of opposition, and do so for no other legitimate reason. It is a "Look at me" type mentality. If folks aren't paying attention to you then you will do and say things that will cause them to pay attention to you. Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, and Steven A. Smith took it next level and brought it into the mainstream. The whole idea is to invoke emotional reactions so that folks will finally start paying attention to you. The "grumpies" consider bad attention to be better than no attention at all. The problem is that it is like a drug. You have to go with increasingly higher doses of outrage to get that equivalent level of "attention dependent" high.
They're called "contrarians." We have our own here and sometimes I'm one of them, lol.

bileever

Reaction score
My take on it is if two guys who are obviously knowledgeable about the game and have a 49er bias embedded think we did good we must have done better than good.
Yes, true, but you also have to take into consideration the fact that most knowledgeable fans are inherently pessimistic and worry about the competition. Just look at the people on this site.

It's a journey--as a new fan, let's say at age 12, you think your team is the best and that every other team is crap. As you gain experience, you start to see that your team has flaws, but hey, they're just minor ones. Next, after a while, you start to hate certain players on your team, because you realize they have major weaknesses that cause your team to lose. In the fourth step, you become a mature fan, you accept your team's shortcomings but you start to worry incessantly. In the next phase of fandom, you join dot net and gain a lot more knowledge, but now the games become painful to watch because you fear losing more than you enjoy winning. In the last stage of being a fan, you see how good everyone else's players are and fall in love with the opponents' coaches. On your own team, the coaches are bums and the players are busts.

So the next time you feel like criticizing someone on this board, remember that they may just be more evolved than you are.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. It's cool to see a division rival noticing that they're about to be in some shite

Lagartixa

Reaction score
John and Pete receiving more praises from these 9ers fans than some dot net grumpies.

There's another thing. Even a really solid team can lose a playoff game. First, only one team can win the Super Bowl each season. Also, because the violence of the sport makes one-game playoffs necessary (instead of, for example, best-of-seven series like in baseball, basketball, and hockey), and crazy stuff can happen in a single game, the best team doesn't always win. Plus a single injury to a key player can completely mess up a team's plans for a whole season. There are ways a strong team that happens to be in a strong conference can even fail to make the playoffs.

The models that provide probabilities of victory (and let's include Vegas odds in that) for a given game, in the case of a severe mismatch between, say, a top title contender and a weak team that will have a top-three draft pick, still only give something like an 80% chance for the stronger team to win. Heck, make it 90%. That still means a team like the 2022 Bears can beat a team like the 2022 Gold Diggers one time in ten. When you look specifically at playoff games, where there's even more parity than in the league as a whole, the chance of an upset (the less-strong team winning) is pretty high, let's say 25% to almost 50%. Throw in a key injury or two, and an "upset" can actually become more likely than the stronger-overall team winning.

So in the end, the best bet, if it's "Team X" or "the field," even if "Team X" is the consensus favorite for the Super Bowl title that season, is to take "the field." And a lot of the .NET Eeyores know this, so their attacks on Carroll and the Seahawks front office are likelier to look good after the season is over than the prognostications of more-positive Seahawks fans.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My take on it is if two guys who are obviously knowledgeable about the game and have a 49er bias embedded think we did good we must have done better than good.
^Yep^ and to me, the giveaway sentence was one of them saying that the Seahawks did enough upgrading in the Draft to possibly beating or maybe SPLITTING wins with the 49rs, so yeah, I think they're impressed with how well Pete & John's Drafting went in the last two years.
They also mentioned the Russell Wilson trade and how that turned out to be an explosive upgrading in the last two Draft cycles for the Seahawks....Can't argue with the truth.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Thank you for that info but I think someone who lives in the bay area can be a radio announcer and still be a Fan. Pretty sure that Brock and Salk are still fans of the team. Well maybe not so sure about Salk over the years.
I’ve dealt with a lot of their fans. Most laughed at our draft and said it did nothing to catch them. They are mostly clueless.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes, true, but you also have to take into consideration the fact that most knowledgeable fans are inherently pessimistic and worry about the competition. Just look at the people on this site.

It's a journey--as a new fan, let's say at age 12, you think your team is the best and that every other team is crap. As you gain experience, you start to see that your team has flaws, but hey, they're just minor ones. Next, after a while, you start to hate certain players on your team, because you realize they have major weaknesses that cause your team to lose. In the fourth step, you become a mature fan, you accept your team's shortcomings but you start to worry incessantly. In the next phase of fandom, you join dot net and gain a lot more knowledge, but now the games become painful to watch because you fear losing more than you enjoy winning. In the last stage of being a fan, you see how good everyone else's players are and fall in love with the opponents' coaches. On your own team, the coaches are bums and the players are busts.

So the next time you feel like criticizing someone on this board, remember that they may just be more evolved than you are.
Nah, not more "Evolved" they're just become more cynical and unappreciative of players who have broken down because of wear & tear and the like.
Coaches who've won you way more than they have lost, including championships, taken your favorite team to AND WON you a Super Bowl, and then takes your team right back the following year, deserves the RESPECT from the cynics who have NEVER done anything of that Calibur in their entire lives...."Ya Don't Know What Ya Don't Know", and the older Ya get, the more you realize that Y'all have more questions than Ya do answers, which can and does lead to CYNICISM for the rigid of mind.
LOLOL, Like an old hippy once told me, "Don't be a bummer, relax, take it all in and enjoy the ride"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There's another thing. Even a really solid team can lose a playoff game. First, only one team can win the Super Bowl each season. Also, because the violence of the sport makes one-game playoffs necessary (instead of, for example, best-of-seven series like in baseball, basketball, and hockey), and crazy stuff can happen in a single game, the best team doesn't always win. Plus a single injury to a key player can completely mess up a team's plans for a whole season. There are ways a strong team that happens to be in a strong conference can even fail to make the playoffs.

The models that provide probabilities of victory (and let's include Vegas odds in that) for a given game, in the case of a severe mismatch between, say, a top title contender and a weak team that will have a top-three draft pick, still only give something like an 80% chance for the stronger team to win. Heck, make it 90%. That still means a team like the 2022 Bears can beat a team like the 2022 Gold Diggers one time in ten. When you look specifically at playoff games, where there's even more parity than in the league as a whole, the chance of an upset (the less-strong team winning) is pretty high, let's say 25% to almost 50%. Throw in a key injury or two, and an "upset" can actually become more likely than the stronger-overall team winning.

So in the end, the best bet, if it's "Team X" or "the field," even if "Team X" is the consensus favorite for the Super Bowl title that season, is to take "the field." And a lot of the .NET Eeyores know this, so their attacks on Carroll and the Seahawks front office are likelier to look good after the season is over than the prognostications of more-positive Seahawks fans.
Yep, 20-20 vision AFTER the facts. LOL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Or it could be as simple as not everybody shares the same opinions.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
They also mentioned the Russell Wilson trade and how that turned out to be an explosive upgrading in the last two Draft cycles for the Seahawks....Can't argue with the truth.
I'm hoping the Cardinals' GM is significantly less skilled and/or fortunate than John, after the haul they got from trading down this year. They basically set themselves up to be us in this year's draft, in next year's draft.