49ers - Saints Game Next Week

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Assume we win vs the Vikings and we move into first place in the division. That said, do we want the 49ers to lose to give us a cushion for first place in the division or do we want the Saints to lose to improve our chances of getting the top seed in the NFC? We had a similar post about this when the 49ers played the Packers.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Agreed. I hope SF loses but I kind of doubt it. I think they bounce back for the win.

mikeak

Reaction score
49ers will crush the Saints.

We should pull for Saints but it won't matter they won't be in this from the start of the game. Then they will lose in the playoffs giving Seattle the No 1 seed so won't matter

zchurch74

Reaction score
Division is the most important because it’s still a bye week in playoffs

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Niners are staying in Bradenton Florida this week for practice before heading to New Orleans. Dunno if that will help or hinder them, but it is what it is. I hope they lose to new orleans. Division, then playoffs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
As a Hawks fan: Geaux Saints! Division and all that stuff others said.
As a betting man: Take the 49ers.

Looks like NO is favored by 3.5 points in this one.
If Kamara is healthy and in top form, and the Saints OL gives Brees time to throw, this looks to be a great game.
If Nawlins pressures and picks off Jimmy G a couple times, a legit possibility, then Saints win. What I don't know is whether the Saints D can stop the 49er running game. Should be an entertaining helluva game.

northseahawk

Reaction score
We win tomorrow, the Saints/49ers game is a win /win for us no matter what happens. Hoping for a physical game and they beat each other well!

Gio

Reaction score
Defo Go Saints !!! But we should mind our business first and win Vikes :D :D We have some pretty tough schedule

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Gio":ewg3o0hf said:
Defo Go Saints !!! But we should mind our business first and win Vikes :D :D We have some pretty tough schedule

We aren't part of the team though. OK for us to look ahead. Not so for the team. Simple, really.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1g9hj7ll said:
Niners are staying in Bradenton Florida this week for practice before heading to New Orleans. Dunno if that will help or hinder them, but it is what it is. I hope they lose to new orleans. Division, then playoffs.

It is what I wish Seattle had done the year Atlanta took us out of the playoffs. We played Redskins, flew back, then back east again.

Think Seattle had done that back and forth again (Panthers playoff loss??)

Really wonder why staying east hasn't been done

Crizilla

Reaction score
if seahawks win tomorrow then I actually will be rooting for the niners against the saints. It's most likely going to come down to the week 17 game anyway to decide the division. If the saints lose it makes it easier for the seahawks to get the 1 seed instead of a 2 seed (assuming seahawks win the division) because they lose a tie breaker against the saints

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I want the 9ers to lose, give us a cushion going into the rest of December. That way if we lay an Egg, we can still win the division. New Orleans can easily lay an egg down the homestretch. The Titans will be trying to play into the playoffs and might spoil the Aints party, along with the Colts who will view it as their "superbowl" for the year.

Either way. It's game day 1 and oh baby, Go Hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mikeak":3c6ghgs4 said:
Seahawkfan80":3c6ghgs4 said:

It is what I wish Seattle had done the year Atlanta took us out of the playoffs. We played Redskins, flew back, then back east again.

Think Seattle had done that back and forth again (Panthers playoff loss??)

Really wonder why staying east hasn't been done

Agreed. I think the thought at the time was that our team wanted to be consistent with their playing scheme and that meant to fly home and do the practices at home and fly back. Consistency being key. They should have gotten a room for a week, found a field to practice on, and a rented a building to study plays. I think it would have made a large difference being well rested and ready in the local timezone to play. Losing 2 days for travel really does hurt as well as the jet lag that some of us know a lot about. Oh well, I suppose some of the reason we like to watch them play with hardships.

quadsas

Reaction score
Saints are 10-2. We have tiebreaker over Niners. I'd rather Niners win so that we would be playing for a 1 seed rather than 2 seed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
quadsas":346fh0fg said:
Saints are 10-2. We have tiebreaker over Niners. I'd rather Niners win so that we would be playing for a 1 seed rather than 2 seed.

Can't get the 1 seed if you don't win the division.

Everything that aids us in the quest for the division is of upmost importance.

And probably most importantly, we want the Niners to be a 6th seed if possible. They are the most threatening team with that running game and defense so having to travel to Lambeau, Superdome and C-Link would be a murderer's row I'm not sure they could complete.

So keep losing SF and keep winning SEA.

kidhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":35unni94 said:
Once again we hope for a tie

This would ultimately be the best outcome for this particular game as it drops both teams below us, giving us the division lead and the conference lead. It is extremely unlikely, but it would be the best scenario.

Obviously what we need to do is just continue to win. 14-2 will get us a bye. Whether it's a #1 or a #2 would be the only question.