49ers suspend radio analyst Tim Ryan

TreeRon

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2d8clkoh said:
It's just sad that this topic can't be discussed without people dumping on other people's motivations/character just for having a view.

It's exactly what Sherm said: It wasn't technically wrong but Ryan "could have used better words," and people are saying that's just because Sherm is friends with him. We all know Sherm, and he is not going to back a racist because he's their friend. Sherm would not even be friends with them.

Sherm was on the field. Sherm was in the film room. From Sherm's observation, what Ryan said was not technically wrong but for social reasons should not have been said. Sherm plus Dee Ford know this guy and don't think he's a racist.

That really is just it, right there.

Nuff said IMO

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":caaz7c57 said:
DEAR MODS:

In this thread in the NFL Talk forum we have multiple pages of people making political statements about oversensitivity and PC culture, and we now even have someone arguing that concerns about slavery in the United States are overrated.

95% of these posts don't even acknowledge the existence of football, and this is all happening without any repercussions whatsoever.

As long as I don't make personal attacks am I allowed to respond to all of this?

What is allowed?
It would certainly appear you are. Nothing wrong with that

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2qnyh9mq said:

LOL.

K.

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to where the line is, I'm just hesitant because it seems to be not where it used to be, and just like unsportsmanlike conduct, a lot of times the person who starts it gets away with it and the person who responds to it gets flagged. :lol:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":293m138j said:
hawksfansinceday1":293m138j said:

LOL.

K.

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to where the line is, I'm just hesitant because it seems to be not where it used to be, and just like unsportsmanlike conduct, a lot of times the person who starts it gets away with it and the person who responds to it gets flagged. :lol:
Too funny.

It seems a little more relaxed than it used to be and as long as it doesn't get too personal the mods seem to let it go.

cymatica

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ev4q65wl said:
cymatica":ev4q65wl said:
hawksfansinceday1":ev4q65wl said:
cymatica":ev4q65wl said:
It's really pathetic and at the same time many of those crying racist have no problem making orange skin jokes. Shame on the 49ers organization for contributing to the PC culture that is destroying language and thought
And do you realize what a leap it is to equate orange skin jokes to skin tone based on race? The former is relevant to the inability to choose the correct suntan in a bottle and properly apply it or a skin reaction to said products. Again, trying to bend facts to fit your narrative imo.

Lol, ok. You should just stop
When you've been trumped with logic, this is all that's left to resort to.

It's more like trying to have a logical argument with a 5 year old. Sometimes it's better just to walk away

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":zrg7fq3e said:
Popeyejones":zrg7fq3e said:
hawksfansinceday1":zrg7fq3e said:

LOL.

K.

Too funny.

It seems a little more relaxed than it used to be and as long as it doesn't get too personal the mods seem to let it go.
Mods at this site are so much better than mods at the official 49ers forum.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
cymatica":2f0a7kaa said:
hawksfansinceday1":2f0a7kaa said:
cymatica":2f0a7kaa said:
hawksfansinceday1":2f0a7kaa said:
And do you realize what a leap it is to equate orange skin jokes to skin tone based on race? The former is relevant to the inability to choose the correct suntan in a bottle and properly apply it or a skin reaction to said products. Again, trying to bend facts to fit your narrative imo.

Lol, ok. You should just stop
When you've been trumped with logic, this is all that's left to resort to.

It's more like trying to have a logical argument with a 5 year old. Sometimes it's better just to walk away
Yeah probably your best move at this point

:eek:wned: and twice no less. Trumped :lol:

Speaking of being 5 years old are you gonna keep trying to get the last word even though it's blatantly a losing battle for you? Go ahead man if it make you feel like you haven't lost. I'm done

Chapow

Reaction score
cymatica":2ym83ezy said:
... many of those crying racist have no problem making orange skin jokes.

Maybe that's because making fun of someones choice to dye their skin orange has absolutely nothing to do with race or racism.

Orange people aren't a race. Trump, Boehner, etc. choose to dye their skin the color of an oompa loompa. They were not born that way and they are free to stop looking like a walking, talking Cheeto anytime they choose to do so.

Trying to equate orange skin jokes to racism is pathetic and beyond absurd.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1sumesmg said:
DEAR MODS:

In this thread in the NFL Talk forum we have multiple pages of people making political statements about oversensitivity and PC culture, and we now even have someone arguing that concerns about slavery in the United States are overrated.

95% of these posts don't even acknowledge the existence of football, and this is all happening without any repercussions whatsoever.

As long as I don't make personal attacks am I allowed to respond to all of this?

What is allowed?

Yeah...I've tired to stay far away from this. I've spent ALOT of time talking politics particular in this hyper charged political climate...

...but I certainly wouldn't do it here or even respond to the loony tunes stuff I've already read in this forum.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":20j24mg6 said:
DEAR MODS:

What is allowed?
I’d PM the mods AND ownership with your question.
There is a drop down box (grey) on the right when you are on the PM page.
It gives you a global mods option and ownership option.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Just to clarify, anyone who thinks spray on tan, which you choose to put on, is any way comparable to natural skin color, which you cannot choose, probably ate a lot of glue in elementary school.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3k7b2cjq said:
Just to clarify, anyone who thinks spray on tan, which you choose to put on, is any way comparable to natural skin color, which you cannot choose, probably ate a lot of glue in elementary school.
Or huffs a lot of glue as an adult

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I was watching a little of the Ravens game today and I must say it was much, much easier to see the ball in Lamar Jackson's hands. It's the jersey.

~ The issue is a REAL ONE.
~ The very dark Ravens jersey in the rain makes it difficult to see the ball (home jersey).
~ Away jersey white one I can see the ball on Lamar fine.
~ The driving rain storm and cloudy bad weather had something to do with it too.

I find it's night and day the difference between the home and away jersey for the Ravens in the ability to see and track the ball on Lamar Jackson. The issue IMO is very real. It was not well thought out and poorly worded. But I don't honestly think he meant that in a bad way. It's like a poor choice of wording as much as anything. But watch him in the home very dark jerseys with the ball and jersey soaking wet and being even darker. It's so hard to see the ball on the Ravens players with that. I actually think it gives them a bit of an advantage. The away white jerseys I can see the ball all the time because of the color contrast.

Basically he was speaking about that jersey, on that day, in that weather. That being it's difficult to see and track the ball. And it was. It's totally true. It could have been worded better. I don't think the intent was bad. As usual the media blows things out of proportion.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":28hng4lp said:
hawksfansinceday1":28hng4lp said:
MD5eahawks":28hng4lp said:
Political Correctness...
Ruining a community near you.

Maybe we should ask Colin what he thinks. While we’re at it, let’s knock down a few more statues of historic figures. Maybe banish another flag for its use during a coincidental time period but forget about it’s historical significance.
You mean like the historical significance of human beings actually owning other human beings?
Absolutely.
It was a time that this country was forming. It had faults. We as Americans learn and try to correct those faults not bury them because you feel “offended”. History is there for a reason. People like you want to banish it and put it in a closet as if it never happened. News flash - slavery hasn’t existed in a long time here. I wonder why that is. That narrative is old and tiresome.
Done with this topic.

How you're not banned is beyond me.

But I've come to the realization that the mods on this board lean in a certain direction. You guys aren't slick with the things you let go and the things you shut down; it's obvious.

Just remember that most of your football team is of color.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TreeRon":1mr7628y said:
Does anyone really argue that if Africans had been white, there'd have been mass importation of Africans to the Americas?
Skin color didn't have as much to do with it as most people think. There were tons of Africans available at cheap prices with virtually no education of any kind, they didn't speak the language for where they were heading, and it was easy to have no repercussions/law enforcement problems on the African side. If white people had been the majority of the natives in Africa and all those rules applied, then yes; I believe many white slaves would have been brought over. We'll never know. There's a long history of white slavery throughout the ages, including to colonial America from Scotland for a time, if one cares to do a little research and reading.

We should probably veer back away from this topic, though...

Latest posts