Tim Ryan hired as new Niners color radio analyst

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guess he will no longer be doing any Seahawks games on FOX.

RT @BayAreaSports9: Tim Ryan joining San Francisco 49ers' broadcast team

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He has been doing all their pre season games for a long time now. Not a big surprise.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
Well, maybe we'll get America's Game of the Week more often and Buck/Aikman will stop calling the Seahawks/49ers games like they're niners broadcasters who only see the Seahawks twice a season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if Eric Davis just got too busy with his NFLN gig or if the Forty Niners just wanted to go in another direction.

I also wonder who will replace Ryan in the FOX rotation

I also don't really care about any of this until sometime AFTER the superbowl but I had read all the threads in the main forum and felt the need to post more seahawk stuff :lol:

nategreat

Reaction score
Oh great- first the Niners steal our players, and now they are going after our commentators. What's next, Century Link hot dog men? I know they like their weiners.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Eric Davis was too big of a homer even for the niners. He had absolutely zero objectivity, and like the niners players, was unable to give even an ounce of credit to the opposing team. Ryan is a niners homer, but knows that the opposition gets paid too. He will make niners fans that pay attention smarter when it comes to football. Great hire for them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2cevk524 said:
Eric Davis was too big of a homer even for the niners. He had absolutely zero objectivity, and like the niners players, was unable to give even an ounce of credit to the opposing team. Ryan is a niners homer, but knows that the opposition gets paid too. He will make niners fans that pay attention smarter when it comes to football. Great hire for them.

Davis isn't any more of a homer than Warren Moon is. I really don't get this stuff. Davis is actually really high on the Seahawks and has been most of the season. Ryan is ok, and it was nice to have a familiar face a lot of the time, but he won't be missed that much...of course that could change depending on who replaces him on FOX

OrFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":26n1i533 said:

Funny about Davis, I felt the same about Tim Ryan, and he was supposed to be neutral. I'm so glad to never have to listen to him again.

davidonmi

Reaction score
good, hopefully this gives them an excuse to dump meyers.
Maybe I'm just bitter we've had 2 straight 11 win seasons and consistently get the #4 crew

rjdriver

Reaction score
Totally off topic, but who is that really hot sportscaster from Seattle who does or did local sports? There was a thread on her a long time ago. Not Charissa, but a brunette I had never heard of before. It's bugging me I can't remember.

And while I'm at it, does anyone know where the nearest Boston Market is?