49ers Trade Their Punter for a 7th round pick

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2lagn0ud said:
You're begging him to fail by comparing him to Madden. Just plain foolish.

Sigh.

Dude.

Go back and read my first post on the matter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":356f40rc said:
Marvin49":356f40rc said:
Maulbert":356f40rc said:

Sigh.

Dude.

No, I read and understood it. Qualifying and quantifying doesn't stop it from being a foolish comparison.

Whatever dude. If I said water was wet you'd find a way to call it foolish.

Largent80

Reaction score
49er super bowl now confirmed.

EDIT...forgot the obligatory ....SIGH.......

Maybe SIGH, should be the new 49er slogan......Kind of an internet shoulder shrug?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":cu137yt3 said:
Maulbert":cu137yt3 said:
Marvin49":cu137yt3 said:
Maulbert":cu137yt3 said:

Sigh.

Dude.

No, I read and understood it. Qualifying and quantifying doesn't stop it from being a foolish comparison.

I didn't say Tomsula would fail. But you would call me nuts 5 years ago if I even mildly compared Pete Carroll to Bill Belichick because they were both former defensive coordinators who were considered up and coming hotshots when they were apprenticed to HOF head coaches, but both failed in their first chance as the top guy themselves. My point is don't shoot for the stars when you're not even certain you can hit the moon. All you're doing is putting pressure on him that he likely won't live up to, even if he is a successful head coach.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ilutqmg said:
Marvin49":1ilutqmg said:
Maulbert":1ilutqmg said:
Marvin49":1ilutqmg said:
Sigh.

Dude.

I didn't say Tomsula would fail. But you would call me nuts 5 years ago if I even mildly compared Pete Carroll to Bill Belichick because they were both former defensive coordinators who were considered up and coming hotshots when they were apprenticed to HOF head coaches, but both failed in their first chance as the top guy themselves. My point is don't shoot for the stars when you're not even certain you can hit the moon. All you're doing is putting pressure on him that he likely won't live up to, even if he is a successful head coach.

I wasn't shooting for the stars. I was just trying to think of a single coach that he reminded me of. The way he speaks (in particular his little anecdotes), his attitude, his history, the way the players feel about him....the only one that came to mind was John Madden.

That had nothing to do with his ability or whether he'll succeed. I'm not putting him on that pedestal.

Last year RB Andre Williams of Boston College (and now the Giants) reminded me quite a bit of Roger Craig with his high knee action. Unlike Craig, the guy couldn't catch a cold, but that doesn't mean that the way he ran didn't remind me of Craig.

That doesn't mean I think he's going to be that good or that I'm setting that expectation on him...it's just who he reminds me of.

See the difference?

Kinda like saying Paul Richardson reminds me of Flipper Anderson.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":13nk6r6f said:
Marvin49":13nk6r6f said:
See the difference?

Yes, John Madden is capable of forming a cogent sentence.

Jim Tomfoola©? Not so much.

Clearly we aren't talking about the same John Madden. :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2jbslsqn said:
Yeah, I mean really the only place you could go after them for any of this is taking someone in the 5th round who many believed could have been had later.

I'm of course open to that critique, but might balk at it being made by someone here, as celebrating the taking of players who were selected before where the media had projected them to go is covered in Hawks fandom 101.

Bingo. At least you get it. I'm criticizing the move of drafting a punter in the 5th. Name anyone outside of the 49ers fan base that thinks drafting a punter in the 5th round is a good idea.

Hell we LOVE Ryan up here, and Lee was consistently ranked higher, and I guarantee half of us would come unhinged if they wasted a 5th round pick on a Punter.

Then again, that 5th rounder could've been a Pro Bowl RCB they way we draft.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawks46":16xsu4l7 said:
Popeyejones":16xsu4l7 said:
Yeah, I mean really the only place you could go after them for any of this is taking someone in the 5th round who many believed could have been had later.

I'm of course open to that critique, but might balk at it being made by someone here, as celebrating the taking of players who were selected before where the media had projected them to go is covered in Hawks fandom 101.

Bingo. At least you get it. I'm criticizing the move of drafting a punter in the 5th. Name anyone outside of the 49ers fan base that thinks drafting a punter in the 5th round is a good idea.

Hell we LOVE Ryan up here, and Lee was consistently ranked higher, and I guarantee half of us would come unhinged if they wasted a 5th round pick on a Punter.

Well that's a different argument.

Can't really say much to that. Clearly THEY thought he was worth a 5. I don't know enough about him to say otherwise.

Andy Lee was a 6 BTW. Shane Lechler was a 5.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":yqbroac4 said:
Hawks46":yqbroac4 said:
Popeyejones":yqbroac4 said:

Can't really say much to that. Clearly THEY thought he was worth a 5. I don't know enough about him to say otherwise.

You'd catch a hell of a lot less grief around here if you'd said something like this to begin with. Just sayin'...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3lo27gwm said:
Marvin49":3lo27gwm said:
Hawks46":3lo27gwm said:
Popeyejones":3lo27gwm said:

You'd catch a hell of a lot less grief around here if you'd said something like this to begin with. Just sayin'...

Not likely. :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":2l3ta44x said:
Marvin49":2l3ta44x said:
Hawks46":2l3ta44x said:
Popeyejones":2l3ta44x said:

Drafting a punter is the only way Baalke can get a late round pick to make the team.

Latest posts