49ers want Gase as HC

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":14m3mr3d said:
If Mr Gase has a spine, whatsoever, he'll decline. Jed's looking for a "yes" man. Most of the time young means yes (metaphor?).

Sounds like exactly what Ole' Jed would be getting......."Yes, Mr. Manning; Right away Mr. Manning; I will call that right now Mr. Manning". See, he already has all the terminally down pat.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
They should change their slogan to "who doesn't have it better than us".

rideaducati

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":37b6l1ua said:
If it's true Denver is allowing all of their remaining coaches to look for other jobs, the 49ers don't HAVE to offer him the Head Coach job to get him. They could promote Fangio and hire Gase as OC.

Either way, Shanahan's system is perfect for the 49ers roster, especially Kaepernick. Pretty dumb move to hire this guy as HC when Shanahan is there, IMHO.

Shanahan would command too much power and Baalke isn't giving any of that up, so no way Shanahan gets the job. Shanahan's system also calls for QBs that are accurate and have more than just a fastball in their arsenal.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, they are choosing between old Denver and new Denver coaches?

Glad I am not a fan of the 9ers right now.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with him at all. What's his body of work like with respect to mobile QB's?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Barakas":2mvdf8ih said:
NFL network reported today that Elway didn't believe Gase was ready to be a head coach.
Not a ringing endorsement I guess. Why would Elway even say something like that?

kearly

Reaction score
I will be so pumped if they hire McDaniels. Jim Mora would be great as well.

Jville

Reaction score
Some might offer that a Gase hire as HC might be a case of the tail (Colin Kaepernick) wagging the dog.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Let's be honest here, what chance is there that Carroll, Arians, and Fisher don't run circles around either Gase or McDaniels? Carroll and Fisher have already punked Gase hard. I guess you never know beforehand, but that is a huge gamble to take in a division full of seasoned coaching talent.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This looks like a really toothless search, especially after running such a successful coach out of town.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3434vplz said:
This looks like a really toothless search, especially after running such a successful coach out of town.

Quoted so Goth Girl can see it.

Latest posts