49ers want Gase as HC

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":2nekvmx7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2nekvmx7 said:
This looks like a really toothless search, especially after running such a successful coach out of town.

Quoted so Goth Girl can see it.

Why would I care?

For the record...not hyped about Gase at all.

rlkats

Reaction score
Screw Gase, York, and Trent. Bunch of pathetic ass hats. I hate all of them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":303etpuu said:
Barakas":303etpuu said:
NFL network reported today that Elway didn't believe Gase was ready to be a head coach.
Not a ringing endorsement I guess. Why would Elway even say something like that?
Because he's a self-entitled, self-aggrandizing, egotistical asshole and always has been.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not sure that Adam Gase will succeed as a HC. I could even be OC for Peyton Manning led offense and be a success. With that said, no one will know for sure until he gets out of Peyton Manning's shadow. Denver's offense wouldn't be the same without Peyton Manning and no one would be looking at Gase, if that had been the case.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":o4bkn5uj said:
I don't blame you one bit Kats, I would too if I were in your shoes. Being a Seatttle sports fan my entire life, us 40+ folks have dealt with some pretty pathetic ownership and front office's in our time for our teams, so a lot of us have been there, and it sucks.

I'm so thankful Paul Allen owns the Hawks and John and Pete are running the show. ......and with the Hawks success the tenants across the street (the Mariners) were forced to "up their game" instead of sitting on their thumbs like they have for the better part of the last 10 years and might actually be a World Series contender this year.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":307mno1f said:
rlkats":307mno1f said:
I don't blame you one bit Kats, I would too if I were in your shoes. Being a Seatttle sports fan my entire life, us 40+ folks have dealt with some pretty pathetic ownership and front office's in our time for our teams, so a lot of us have been there, and it sucks.

I'm so thankful Paul Allen owns the Hawks and John and Pete are running the show. ......and with the Hawks success the tenants across the street (the Mariners) were forced to "up their game" instead of sitting on their thumbs like they have for the better part of the last 10 years and might actually be a World Series contender this year.

Sad day if Gase is hired. The team wants Fangio. His defense was outstanding with what he had to work with. Roman and harbaugh had talent and could not do shit. This should be a no brainer hire. But we are talking about boy wonder and his sidekick dumbass.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":2k105a86 said:
Sports Hernia":2k105a86 said:
rlkats":2k105a86 said:

Sad day if Gase is hired. The team wants Fangio. His defense was outstanding with what he had to work with. Roman and harbaugh had talent and could not do shit. This should be a no brainer hire. But we are talking about boy wonder and his sidekick dumbass.
Fangio is probably your best bet.

rlkats

Reaction score
I agree hernia. But hey I'm just a irritated fan. What do I know.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1fyblxp0 said:
rlkats":1fyblxp0 said:
Sports Hernia":1fyblxp0 said:
rlkats":1fyblxp0 said:

And looking at the available options, looks like there's no other choice.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NINEster":3m5gygyb said:
Sports Hernia":3m5gygyb said:
rlkats":3m5gygyb said:
rlkats":3m5gygyb said:

And looking at the available options, looks like there's no other choice.

Your mistake is looking at this coaching search from the perspective of a rational actor, when you should be looking at it from the point of view of a petulant chid, who has never earned anything in his life, yet thinks very highly of himself and worships Silicon Valley.

Fangio is over 50 years old . . . that just won't jive well with Jed's vision of turning the 49ers into a hip "start up." Anyone who has ever worked at a start up (not Jed) knows you don't trust anyone over 50. Because that's all "start up" means to lil Jed: the appearance, the illusion, of innovation.

Stop thinking about Fangio and start thinking about Gase, Tomsula, or McDaniels.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Gase is the new 49ers head coach, it would seem.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/555363988801089536[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Gase is the HC in SF, I don't really have an opinion about it, not yet. To me he is like Quinn. Gase might have called plays in Denver, but Peyton was the real OC. Quinn might have called plays in Seattle, but Pete was the real DC. It doesn't mean either won't be a good HC, but it does mean the resume has been padded just a bit.

I will offer this: If Gase is being trusted to bring Manning's offensive ideas to Kaepernick, I love the hire. For the Seahawks. Trying to bring both Peyton's pocket presence and uber quick release to Kaepernick seems a little like importing pork to Israel.

If, on the other hand, Gase is good at creating around player strengths, good for him and the Niners. I think there will be no way to know that until the Niners play actual games.

lucky49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mts510q said:

they later tweeted that it wasn't true. but there are still reports that he's close to signing. idk. we probably deserve it.

NorCal

Reaction score
I am extremely nervous about this hire, if true. Maybe he is the next great offensive mind, or maybe he is the next young flameout. I find myself coming back to the question of how many young, first time head coaches have been successful in the past 30 years. Only 3 that I can think of: Cowher, Gruden and Tomlin. Like Scottemojo said above, we won't know until some actual games happen.

But for now, I think our owner got his wish and got himself a friend.

BlackSabbath

Reaction score
lucky49":10pauw6f said:
RolandDeschain":10pauw6f said:

they later tweeted that it wasn't true. but there are still reports that he's close to signing. idk. we probably deserve it.

Considering that the rat in the 49ers org is the Jed and Ballke, there might be some truth to this. :lol:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
[tweet]Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.[/tweet]

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawksSoc, just FYI, to embed/display a Tweet, you want only the actual link to the Tweet itself between the Tweet tags. You can get it by right-clicking the timestamp on the Tweet itself on Twitter's website and copying the link.

Back to the news, though. What do we think of Tomsula? Is this a permanent HC for them, I wonder?

Latest posts