5 takeaways from Seahawks’ offensive line coach Tom Cable’s

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
AgentDib":216lesau said:
There's no mystery behind releasing Jahri Evans. He would have taken the spot of a younger guy, they were planning for the long term, and they thought they could get by in the short term better than they did. When they said that they made a mistake and got too young with the roster that's what they are talking about. Joeckel is just 25 years old and is not a comparable decision.

Also, be careful with how you count draft capital. We have spent a high volume of picks but we're not talking yearly top 10 selections. If you were to weight by draft pick chart value I'd bet we're much closer to the middle than the top, particularly if you emphasize recent years.

Seahawks GM John Schneider regrets cutting Saints' Jahri Evans before 2016 season

"I'd be lying to you if I said different," Schneider said Wednesday at the NFL combine. "I think that his leadership would've been outstanding for us. I think we got in a position where we probably got a little bit too young and so with us, that offensive line thing is all about acquisition, the mix in the room between veteran leadership and talent with that cohesion that goes along with it."

"Jahri, he was great," Schneider said. "The guy came to camp with us; he did a great job while he was here mentoring some of the younger guys.

"And if he was sitting right here I'd say the same thing: We were a little concerned about his durability being an older player, and so we were just going to see how it went getting through that first week of the season. But he went back (to New Orleans) right away and did a great job."

Still would have been nice to have one guy on the offensive line that knew what he was doing. Think the FO just out thought themselves on this one.