5th round, Pick #171, Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas

vonstout

Reaction score
They obviously aren't as concerned about the OL as everyone else on the planet seems to be. I was alright with taking one RB, but I would have rather had another OL when they took Prosise. Now I really wish they would have taken one then. Oh well. Time will tell.

McG

Reaction score
This guy reminds me quite a bit of Lynch. I still don't know why he left school this year and I knew he wouldn't get picked until the 4th-5th round, turns out he barely made it to the 5th round. He doesn't shy away from contact, almost to a fault. He is a lot like Beast, but isn't the same guy at this point by any means. Although, he reminds me a lot of Lynch coming out of college. He's like a 10 carry a game Lynch apposed to a 20+ guy like Lynch was. Let's see if he can progress and get better.

My son is happy, I just hope he can make the team and has a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Love the pick! Not sure how anyone is surprised when our beast retired, Rawls is coming off a serious injury, and our best back who's healthy was cut 3 times last year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
HawkGA":2oizvpix said:
HATE. THIS. PICK.

Why? Best player available, incredible value, incredible production. Love it at this juncture. Absolutely love it.

kf3339

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2vtxy99w said:
Collins isn't a creator at the RB position. I can see how he might be considered a goal line option, but Collins isn't really quick nor fast.

I actually don't think this has anything to do with Michael, but rather I wonder if there are questions about Rawls overall health outlook going forward. He hasn't played more than, what.....8 games the last two years in a row?

I can't see Collins getting normal down to down reps over Michael or Prosise at all.

^ This.

It is the only reason I can think why you would take another RB right now.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TRawls810/status/726495460119044096[/tweet]

vonstout

Reaction score
If our OL can't open holes, it won't matter how many RBs we have. Like someone else said, it's good value based on the round he was projected to go in, but Kyle Murphy was a 3-4 round projection too and is still a much bigger need.

drrew

Reaction score
kf3339":304tnt0c said:
vin.couve12":304tnt0c said:
Collins isn't a creator at the RB position. I can see how he might be considered a goal line option, but Collins isn't really quick nor fast.

I actually don't think this has anything to do with Michael, but rather I wonder if there are questions about Rawls overall health outlook going forward. He hasn't played more than, what.....8 games the last two years in a row?

I can't see Collins getting normal down to down reps over Michael or Prosise at all.

^ This.

It is the only reason I can think why you would take another RB right now.

Collins actually has some elusiveness, the biggest issue for me is the 16!!! fumbles.

pehawk

Reaction score
Weird. You could argue the Seahawks are committed to running the ball.

Love this pick. If running is your identity, you best have a stable of running backs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20sz5hw1 said:
Beast mode 2!!

Yup....Wow I didn't realize he hadn't been taken. He had a 3rd/4th round grade in most mocks. Another steal for Seahawks.

acbass

Reaction score
I'm great with this pick. Lynch is retired and Rawls was good, but what if the injury really affects him? We have such a small sample size on him. He looked great, but what if he regresses? E now have some great options. CJ is the pass catcher. This guy is the brusier. We needed RBs.

cesame

Reaction score
He's nothing like Beast Mode

He doesn't break tackles

drrew

Reaction score
cesame":156ax075 said:
He's nothing like Beast Mode

He doesn't break tackles

I agree he doesn't really remind me of Beast, but Collins had 58 broken tackles last season, 3rd most in NCAA.