5th round, Pick #171, Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ACFan":24fq5sq1 said:
A better picture of what AC really is will start to come into focus once the pads go on, just watch.

I think this draft class is replete with players who have this kind of untapped potential. Whether it's AC's ability to fit into our style possessing size and power that we admittedly love. Or Jarran Reed's untested ability to translate his demonstrable motor and athleticism to add penetration and pass rush to his known quantity as a 2 gap dynamo. Or Nick Vannett's ability to provide quality in the passing game to what has been his calling card as a quality in line blocker. Or Prosise's ability to continue to evolve as a rusher and pass protector while retaining his abilities as a pass catcher as a third down outlet option. Or Ifedi's ability to improve technique to match his size/length prototype and become a real factor in the OT competition in the next year all while manning the interior this season -- a role in which he really dominated when he was called on to play OG at the college level.

This class really seems like it has a lot of prospects who come into the league well capable of filling out important ancillary roles. But with what seems a tantalizing pool of upside to be a lot more. Even if they don't all achieve that potential -- these players seem like they'll be able to add significantly to the team with the talents they exhibited in college.

I am extremely excited for this offseason to see these guys in pads and to see which ones will emerge as 'more than what we thought they were' kinds of players. Guys who surprise in every way that Lockett did last year when we got him almost exclusively for his special teams/return acumen.

This class excites me in much the same way that 2012's class did heading into training camp. I'm very intrigued with this collection. AC figures prominently in that excitement for me. We won't know until the pads go on. But it sure feels like there are three to four Lockett type prospects in this group.

ACFan

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1uqqv09h said:
ACFan":1uqqv09h said:
A better picture of what AC really is will start to come into focus once the pads go on, just watch.

I think this draft class is replete with players who have this kind of untapped potential. Whether it's AC's ability to fit into our style possessing size and power that we admittedly love. Or Jarran Reed's untested ability to translate his demonstrable motor and athleticism to add penetration and pass rush to his known quantity as a 2 gap dynamo. Or Nick Vannett's ability to provide quality in the passing game to what has been his been his calling card as a quality in line blocker. Or Procise's ability to continue to evolve as a rusher and pass protector while retaining his abilities as a pass catcher as a third down outlet option. Or Ifedi's ability to improve technique to match his size/length prototype and become a real factor in the OT competition in the next year all while manning the interior this season -- a role in which he really dominated when he was called on to play OG at the college level.

This class really seems like it has a lot of prospects who come into the league well capable of filling out important ancillary roles. But with what seems a tantalizing pool of upside to be a lot more. Even if they don't all achieve that potential -- these players seem like they'll be able to add significantly to the team with the talents they exhibited in college.

I am extremely excited for this offseason to see these guys in pads and to see which ones will emerge as 'more than what we thought they were' kinds of players. Guys who surprise in every way that Lockett did last year when we got him almost exclusively for his special teams/return acumen.

This class excites me in much the same way that 2012's class did heading into training camp. I'm very intrigued with this collection. AC figures prominently in that excitement for me. We won't know until the pads go on. But it sure feels like there are three to four Lockett type prospects in this group.

yep, looking forward to seeing all those guys.

Own The West

Reaction score
ACFan":3jo1xjxl said:
Attyla the Hawk":3jo1xjxl said:
ACFan":3jo1xjxl said:

I think this draft class is replete with players who have this kind of untapped potential. Whether it's AC's ability to fit into our style possessing size and power that we admittedly love. Or Jarran Reed's untested ability to translate his demonstrable motor and athleticism to add penetration and pass rush to his known quantity as a 2 gap dynamo. Or Nick Vannett's ability to provide quality in the passing game to what has been his been his calling card as a quality in line blocker. Or Procise's ability to continue to evolve as a rusher and pass protector while retaining his abilities as a pass catcher as a third down outlet option. Or Ifedi's ability to improve technique to match his size/length prototype and become a real factor in the OT competition in the next year all while manning the interior this season -- a role in which he really dominated when he was called on to play OG at the college level.

yep, looking forward to seeing all those guys.

I'm looking forward to seeing you too Alex.

Seafan

Reaction score
AC doesn't have the low center of gravity and therefore balance that ML possesses. Watching his college tape he reminds me a bit of Eric Dickerson. ED would not shy away from contact either.

It's going to be an interesting camp/preseason. Michael may be at his all time best right now. I expect that Rawls won't get a lot of carries in preseason.

The talent and depth on the RB roster compared to last year is amazing. I suppose having to go get Fred Jackson, DuJuan Harris, Bryce Brown, and Christine Michael didn't sit well. It's nice that the depth seems to be strong enough to not have to go get an outsider this year.

ACFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":207qf37n said:
Looking at his fumbles, he had 5, 6, and 5 in 3 years, but his carries went up each year to 190, 204, 271.

So if I'm calculating this correctly, his average carries per fumble was 38, 34, and 54.2.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ex-collins

yep, in the 3 years I've watched him play, he never struck me as a fumbler, never had any memorable fumbles in critical situations, and as you point out, it improved to the point his SR year, during his most heavy use, that it was never really a concern.

What struck me the most when I first saw him as an 18 year old freshman, was how patient he was, setting up blocks. would be hard pressed to find a RB at any level or experience that showed the kind of patience and vision he displayed at 18. That just blew me away. he's been a very special player up to this point, hope it continues.

I'm anxious to change my avatar to a good action shot of him in a Seahawks uniform. season can't get here soon enough!