5th round, Pick #171, Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vonstout":1htvr8lm said:
If our OL can't open holes, it won't matter how many RBs we have. Like someone else said, it's good value based on the round he was projected to go in, but Kyle Murphy was a 3-4 round projection too and is still a much bigger need.

Some RBs can give more of a spark to the OL, kind of like the way Shaun's holes got a lot worse once his dancing days hit their worst, or how Percy Harvin got much better blocking from the same ST crew once he arrived.

Collins was a good fit, good value, and has the obligatory Chip on the Shoulder Pete and John want. BPA pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
More of Alex Collins highlights -

[youtube]-OIn7BLfUOY[/youtube]

Definitely resembles the Marshawn Lynch/Chris Ivory type of back, IMO.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
pehawk":osk5t3y4 said:
vin.couve12":osk5t3y4 said:
If I had to say who he reminds me of most it might be Trent Richardson.

Booo!!!
Maybe a bit of Eddit Lacey too. They aren't far apart, honestly.

This kid isn't like Lynch though. He doesn't have the base or center of gravity. Almost no one does....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[youtube]c1SBzQHZIw[/youtube]

Can't wait to see this kid in August.

jake206

Reaction score
He slows down to hit the hole... Doesn't break enough tackles. He's going to have to generate his own hole in this offense. Still not enamored with the pick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jake206":334q0cxz said:
We could have had Moritz Boehringer...why did we pick Collins.

Probably because Moritz was playing against YAFL competition in Berlin while Collins was ripping apart defenses in the best conference in the country in a RBBC

cesame

Reaction score
jake206":wuxlzrtz said:
He slows down to hit the hole...not good, he'll get tackled in the backfield instantly.

My first impression as well

VegasSeaHawk

Reaction score
Love this pick. Love his running style and Reminds me a lot of Lynch also. Getting really stoked about this upcoming season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Timmahawk":2gfxh04x said:
Love both this and the Prosise pick.
I love this pick/Prosise not so much..Collins reminds me of Beast but faster..Wow

kf3339

Reaction score
SEAHAWG":2fvjtqmu said:
The fumbles were early in his career, he really improved since, and especially this season.
Watched him play every game this season,(I am a Razorback fan), (since the 60's).

Well, this is good to hear. It's great we have someone who really watches a players team and knows more than most of us. Hope he works out great for us.

jake206

Reaction score
Let's be real, he's not going to be the next lynch...no back is. Its really tiresome hearing that. There is only 1 Beastmode and he's in retirement.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2aw4hitn said:
pehawk":2aw4hitn said:
vin.couve12":2aw4hitn said:

Booo!!!

This kid isn't like Lynch though. He doesn't have the base or center of gravity. Almost no one does....

Lynch is a transcendent player. As fans we need to accept that its going to be a long time before another Marshawn Lynch emerges. Just like it will be a long time for another Russell Wilson. Or a Richard Sherman. Or a Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, etc.

However, that doesn't mean Collins can't play and be pretty damn good. In the 5th round you want someone that can contribute. If they become better than a role player thats even better.

Honestly don't understand why people are upset about this pick. :lol:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jake206":2a9t2c0p said:
We could have had Moritz Boehringer...why did we pick Collins.

Because Moritz Boehringer hasn't played anyone above a high school level........ ever? Boehringer has never produced at a high level..... ever?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ht75uol said:
cesame":3ht75uol said:
jake206":3ht75uol said:
He slows down to hit the hole...not good, he'll get tackled in the backfield instantly.

My first impression as well

Are you guys sure youre watching the right Alex Collins?

For real... I feel like we're watching different players.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3w0hicr1 said:
vin.couve12":3w0hicr1 said:
pehawk":3w0hicr1 said:
vin.couve12":3w0hicr1 said:

Booo!!!

Lynch is a transcendent player. As fans we need to accept that its going to be a long time before another Marshawn Lynch emerges. Just like it will be a long time for another Russell Wilson. Or a Richard Sherman. Or a Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, etc.

However, that doesn't mean Collins can't play and be pretty damn good. In the 5th round you want someone that can contribute. If they become better than a role player thats even better.

Honestly don't understand why people are upset about this pick. :lol:
BINGO! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts