5th round, Pick #171, Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas

CPHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2qht5id8 said:
Mistashoesta":2qht5id8 said:
CPHawk":2qht5id8 said:
Love the pick! Not sure how anyone is surprised when our beast retired, Rawls is coming off a serious injury, and our best back who's healthy was cut 3 times last year.

Correct.

Rawls' recovery may not be moving along as expected.

Depends on what you're expecting. They've been hopeful for the start of the season. That's still 4 months away

The problem is, Pete is the most positive guy ever. So even though he's confident in Rawls recovery, would you expect him to say anything else?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
ACFan":2qhu0az5 said:
As someones who has watched Alex Collins the last three years, I wanted to log on and give my thoughts on AC to this great Seahawk board and help ease any concerns some may have about the 5th round pick.

You got a very unique person and a special player, you got a steal.

Much about AC is atypical. The decision making process of whether to leave early for the pros was no different. Having a chance to set all kinds of school and SEC records, and by nature being a well centered, content guy, Alex gave all indications he geniunily wanted to return for his Sr year.

Following the advice coach Bielema gives all Jr. NFL prospects, Alex got the best advice from scouts about the probability of where he would go in the draft. He got unanimous answers that he would likely be a 2nd round pick, and was among the top 3 RBs that would be available.

After that, from the coaches down to the fans, it was accepted he woud declare and was being told by everyone he SHOULD declare. And decare he did. Why did he fall so far? I have a theory, more on that later.

Running Style:

Unique, hard to comapre to anyone. In high school and his first two years of college he did pretty well just by making defenders miss him. Not in a "scat back", jitterbug, give ground kind of way, he still ran generally north to south, he could just make people miss him.

He learned to be more of a power back when the co- starter Jonathan Willaims (taken by Redskins in 5th) was injured for the year in fall practice. AC still ran with the same style, just upped his carry count from 10-15 to 20-25, and took on more short yardage situations (successfully).

His combination of vision, instincts, and a quirky, choppy, lateral movement that he has is why he's so hard to get a clean shot at. He knows where the hole is going to be ahead of time, and he knows when there won't be a hole and is able to create something, in very short space, that creates at least a sliver.

His unique footwork allows him to subtlly change direction, make people miss in tight spaces, without losing power, that's KEY.

Rarely saw any defender get a solid hit on him, the only hard collisions he gets involved in are the ones he creates when he wants to truck someone for an extra 2-3 yards, he did that some as a SR.

Very durable, only twice in his 3 years did I hear of him having an "injury" a bruised thigh once and a sore ankle, both times the pre game talk was "he's probably 80%", and "we'll see what he's able to do today" and both times you saw no drop-off whatsoever, played at 100%, didn't look injured in the slightest.

Why the fall in the draft?

AC had "good" top end speed for a college back, which likley means he has poor speed for an NFL back. and he compounded that by not running as well as he could have at the combine. I read some scouts who cited his "choppy steps" and "stiffness".

His style is not one they have seen before, and they were ignoring the fact those "choppy, stiff" movements were naviagting him around and through some of the best defenses in the nation, Arkansas having one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Largely untested as a receiver, but I have a hunch he will be an incredible receiver out of the backfield, appears to have very good hands.

Comparisons?

Emmitt Smith, not only for "make you miss in the hole" but also for toughness and durabilty, I think AC is the rare kind of back that can have a 10 year career in the NFL.

If my hunch of him being a great receiver is true, I see Marshall Faulk as something of a fair comparison as well, another long term guy.

Personality. (always a smile)

Seattle will love Alex Collins. He came from Miami Flordia into a complete different enviroment in the Ozarks, a community he embraced and thrived in, fit right in. He played Lacrosse in high school, likes country music, took up Irish dancing recently.

He was able to legally work a few shifts a week, during the season, at a popular Fayettville restaraunt as the greeter.

After having a 200 yard, 25 carry, afternoon game in Fayettville on a Saturday, fans were surprised to see Alex greeting them that night at their favorite restaraunt. Did I mention he's durable? games don't seem to wear him out.

He will go down as one of the best loved Razorbacks of all time for his 3 years here.

Seattle, you got a STEAL.

This is a great post. A lot of people can learn from this.

Collins will be a great player.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ACFan":2t5npthj said:
As someones who has watched Alex Collins the last three years, I wanted to log on and give my thoughts on AC to this great Seahawk board and help ease any concerns some may have about the 5th round pick.

You got a very unique person and a special player, you got a steal.

Much about AC is atypical. The decision making process of whether to leave early for the pros was no different. Having a chance to set all kinds of school and SEC records, and by nature being a well centered, content guy, Alex gave all indications he geniunily wanted to return for his Sr year.

Following the advice coach Bielema gives all Jr. NFL prospects, Alex got the best advice from scouts about the probability of where he would go in the draft. He got unanimous answers that he would likely be a 2nd round pick, and was among the top 3 RBs that would be available.

After that, from the coaches down to the fans, it was accepted he woud declare and was being told by everyone he SHOULD declare. And decare he did. Why did he fall so far? I have a theory, more on that later.

Running Style:

Unique, hard to comapre to anyone. In high school and his first two years of college he did pretty well just by making defenders miss him. Not in a "scat back", jitterbug, give ground kind of way, he still ran generally north to south, he could just make people miss him.

He learned to be more of a power back when the co- starter Jonathan Willaims (taken by Redskins in 5th) was injured for the year in fall practice. AC still ran with the same style, just upped his carry count from 10-15 to 20-25, and took on more short yardage situations (successfully).

His combination of vision, instincts, and a quirky, choppy, lateral movement that he has is why he's so hard to get a clean shot at. He knows where the hole is going to be ahead of time, and he knows when there won't be a hole and is able to create something, in very short space, that creates at least a sliver.

His unique footwork allows him to subtlly change direction, make people miss in tight spaces, without losing power, that's KEY.

Rarely saw any defender get a solid hit on him, the only hard collisions he gets involved in are the ones he creates when he wants to truck someone for an extra 2-3 yards, he did that some as a SR.

Very durable, only twice in his 3 years did I hear of him having an "injury" a bruised thigh once and a sore ankle, both times the pre game talk was "he's probably 80%", and "we'll see what he's able to do today" and both times you saw no drop-off whatsoever, played at 100%, didn't look injured in the slightest.

Why the fall in the draft?

AC had "good" top end speed for a college back, which likley means he has poor speed for an NFL back. and he compounded that by not running as well as he could have at the combine. I read some scouts who cited his "choppy steps" and "stiffness".

His style is not one they have seen before, and they were ignoring the fact those "choppy, stiff" movements were naviagting him around and through some of the best defenses in the nation, Arkansas having one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Largely untested as a receiver, but I have a hunch he will be an incredible receiver out of the backfield, appears to have very good hands.

Comparisons?

Emmitt Smith, not only for "make you miss in the hole" but also for toughness and durabilty, I think AC is the rare kind of back that can have a 10 year career in the NFL.

If my hunch of him being a great receiver is true, I see Marshall Faulk as something of a fair comparison as well, another long term guy.

Personality. (always a smile)

Seattle will love Alex Collins. He came from Miami Flordia into a complete different enviroment in the Ozarks, a community he embraced and thrived in, fit right in. He played Lacrosse in high school, likes country music, took up Irish dancing recently.

He was able to legally work a few shifts a week, during the season, at a popular Fayettville restaraunt as the greeter.

After having a 200 yard, 25 carry, afternoon game in Fayettville on a Saturday, fans were surprised to see Alex greeting them that night at their favorite restaraunt. Did I mention he's durable? games don't seem to wear him out.

He will go down as one of the best loved Razorbacks of all time for his 3 years here.

Seattle, you got a STEAL.

Great post.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
kearly":1xt79pdn said:
As was hinted at yesterday in the Derrick Henry thread, Seattle had a sneaky need for a power running back to entrust on 3rd and 1 or in goal line situations. Collins was by far the best power RB left in the draft when they took him, and overall it is the best "value" pick of the entire draft for Seattle.

I'm not the biggest fan of Collins overall game, but a lot of his problems can be improved with coaching. I think he's closer to being Robert Turbin than Marshawn Lynch, but for the price of an early sixth round pick, it's really hard to complain.

I don't see the Turbin comp at all, Turbin fell down if someone breathed on him. Love Collins..,

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":t44ajlsg said:
I don't see the Turbin comp at all, Turbin fell down if someone breathed on him. Love Collins..,

Both are top heavy backs with balance issues who can be tackled by simply hitting them. The gif in this thread is pretty misleading, as Collins was only credited with 5 broken tackles over his final 475 touches.

What Collins is good at is lowering his shoulder and pushing forward for an extra yard or two when getting tackled. So if you want a guy for 3rd and 1 or 3rd and goal, he'll be pretty solid in that role. He's also faster in the open field than his 40 time would indicate.

The fact that he never uses his arms feels coachable to me. He runs a little too high and has choppy feet. I'm not a RB coach by any means, but if those things can be fixed then maybe Collins can be a different player in the NFL than he was in college. But based on his college tape, I totally understand why he was still around in round 6.

ACFan

Reaction score
SaskHawk":2msz50nr said:
Thanks for the great post. I always like hearing first hand from people who have watched these guys closely in college, seem to gain a good understanding of not just the player but, also importantly, the person. Also YouTube videos can only take a person's knowledge so far and is why I love hearing from people who have watched the players go from a boy out of Hugh school to a man leaving college. Thanks again!

Pandion Haliaetus":2msz50nr said:
This is a great post. A lot of people can learn from this.

Collins will be a great player.

pmedic920":2msz50nr said:
Great post.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Thanks guys, it's a pleasure to visit here and get to express my thoughts on an ex-Razorback.

Go Seahawks!

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":1pikbcmg said:
Seahawkwalt1967":1pikbcmg said:

But based on his college tape, I totally understand why he was still around in round 6.

While my analysis may be tainted due to my love for a great Razorback like Alex Collins. I hope the point
of durability is at least made with you.

There have been a lot of great RBs from the SEC, only 3 were able to have 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons to start their career, Herschel Walker, Darren McFadden, and Alex Collins. You apper to dismiss
that pretty easily.

But why only 3? The toughest aspect may be survivng 3 straight years without ever having an injury that knocked you out for a few games. Herschel was just never going to get hurt (and look how long he played in the NFL) McFadden woud get banged up, but he'd heal like an animal, and he also just had a 1,000 yard season with his 8th year in the league, looking strong for year #9. Alex Collins never came close to getting hurt in a Razorback uniform.

Extreme talent and extreme durability, that's why only Walker, McFAdden and Collins make that list IMO.

I personally believe AC was the best back after Elliot. and history may prove the best overall in '16.

Derick Henry, whom I also saw quite a bit of has very little wiggle and has trouble avoiding contact. He'll be a 3-4 year battering ram, then be out of the league, and Collins will still be as fresh as a rookie.

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":205xmrrq said:
The gif in this thread is pretty misleading, as Collins was only credited with 5 broken tackles over his final 475 touches.

and this really makes my point in a way.

because of the strict definition they are using in "breaking a tackle", it has to mean when a defender is squared up on the runner, in good position, and just can't make the tackle.

not many defenders ever got square on AC, in a good position to make a tackle, that's my point.

heck, he broke 5 tackles in that gif alone, but none of them were in good enough position to make a tackle I guess, even though it was a run up the middle.

kinda makes my point.

kearly":205xmrrq said:
What Collins is good at is lowering his shoulder and pushing forward for an extra yard or two when getting tackled.

The least of his strong points IMO, AC has deceptive elsuivness in small spaces, incredible vision and instincts, coupled with a quick burst, and durable, those are his strong points.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kearly":30jb45j5 said:
Seahawkwalt1967":30jb45j5 said:

Both are top heavy backs with balance issues who can be tackled by simply hitting them. The gif in this thread is pretty misleading, as Collins was only credited with 5 broken tackles over his final 475 touches.

What Collins is good at is lowering his shoulder and pushing forward for an extra yard or two when getting tackled. So if you want a guy for 3rd and 1 or 3rd and goal, he'll be pretty solid in that role. He's also faster in the open field than his 40 time would indicate.

The fact that he never uses his arms feels coachable to me. He runs a little too high and has choppy feet. I'm not a RB coach by any means, but if those things can be fixed then maybe Collins can be a different player in the NFL than he was in college. But based on his college tape, I totally understand why he was still around in round 6.
I agree with you on all parts.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from sb nation I liked. They don't seem to share the thought of Collins being easy to take down.

Collins has a highlight real of making the first defender miss in the backfield, setting up a linebacker with a quick first step, and then diving forward for 5 yards. From his first game, he's had moves, vision, and patience that you rarely see in a college freshman, and seems to have gotten just a bit quicker and stronger throughout his three years. Collins can make you look silly, but more often than not, Collins just looks good. His biggest strengths really lie in his quick feet, vision, and well-built frame.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think comparisons to Lynch are lazy. Guy breaks a few tackles, all the sudden he is Lynchesque.

Lynch was a Ninja. A bowlegged drunken master ninja. A master of the hokeydoke, with a little ropeadope, followed by a stiffarm and a dose of the high knees.

Chris Ivory is maybe 30 % Lynch Lite. And he is closer than anyone else in the NFL.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Nobody can be like Lynch, Collins is at least physical when he needs to be, look at this highlight, broken tackle or not he makes those guys missed tackling him. There are at least two times in this clip where he's carrying 2-3 defenders with him, and close to the end he bulldoze three defenders while going in for a TD. Rawls and Collins would be a pretty crazy duo.

[youtube]ZQYGCnLJuC0[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
ACFan":25pdn6kn said:
heck, he broke 5 tackles in that gif alone, but none of them were in good enough position to make a tackle I guess, even though it was a run up the middle.

He breaks two tackles in that gif.

In fairness to you, PFF has Collins down for 58 missed tackles while NFL.com has him for just 5. I'm going to guess that PFF is closer to being correct.

Still, I watch him on draft breakdown and I see a lot of shoelace tackles, a lot of turf monster tackles, and a lot of times he gets tackled without the defender needing to wrap up. That kind of stuff should be kept on a ledger too, not just the occasional tackle he bounces off of.

That doesn't mean I hate the guy, in fact there are certain things about him that are under-rated. For example, I really like his burst, it's really good for his size. Collins is way faster on the field than his 40 time would indicate. His top gear isn't elite, but he gets to that gear almost instantly.

I think Collins could be a pretty good RB if he learns to use his arms (he runs like he's wearing a straight jacket), learns how to run with crisp steps and cuts instead of chopping his feet, and learns how to pass block. Running under control and staying balanced will always be a problem for him but if he polishes his game he could be a starting RB in this league.

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":3slg6vud said:

In fairness to you, PFF has Collins down for 58 missed tackles while NFL.com has him for just 5. I'm going to guess that PFF is closer to being correct.

Yep, he broke 2, or 5, or zero, depending on how you choose to define "breaking a tackle".
it's over anaylsis IMO.

Still, I watch him on draft breakdown and I see a lot of shoelace tackles, a lot of turf monster tackles, and a lot of times he gets tackled without the defender needing to wrap up. That kind of stuff should be kept on a ledger too, not just the occasional tackle he bounces off of.

avoided tackles could be kept as well, he'd have to be in triple digits on that one. :)

avoiding tackles is certainly better than breaking tackles, bodes well for longevity, one of my earlier points defending his hidden worth.

While breaking down film has it's place, you also have to look at results.

5.8 ypc against some pretty salty defenses in 2015. Derick Henry, who worked behind a better offensive line and a lighter schedule, averaged 5.6.

I think Collins could be a pretty good RB if he learns to use his arms (he runs like he's wearing a straight jacket), learns how to run with crisp steps and cuts instead of chopping his feet, .

I hope he doesn't change his choppy steps, because it works for him, in that lengthy highlight clip above, you see him use it to AVOID tackles, multiple times, usually his third step is really choppy and he is able to plant and explode off it unlike other backs. A lot of times, in running situations, you'd see him go up the middle, virtually untouched, because of it. re-watch that video.

History will prove one of us right on how effective AC will be in the NFL, with the truth probably somewhere in between.

I believe he is a unique and rare talent, and will be very successful.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
ACFan":3vtckl7j said:
kearly":3vtckl7j said:

Yep, he broke 2, or 5, or zero, depending on how you choose to define "breaking a tackle".
it's over anaylsis IMO.

avoided tackles could be kept as well, he'd have to be in triple digits on that one. :)

avoiding tackles is certainly better than breaking tackles, bodes well for longevity, one of my earlier points defending his hidden worth.

While breaking down film has it's place, you also have to look at results.

5.8 ypc against some pretty salty defenses in 2015. Derick Henry, who worked behind a better offensive line and a lighter schedule, averaged 5.6.

I think Collins could be a pretty good RB if he learns to use his arms (he runs like he's wearing a straight jacket), learns how to run with crisp steps and cuts instead of chopping his feet, .

I hope he doesn't change his choppy steps, because it works for him, in that lengthy highlight clip above, you see him use it to AVOID tackles, multiple times, usually his third step is really choppy and he is able to plant and explode off it unlike other backs. A lot of times, in running situations, you'd see him go up the middle, virtually untouched, because of it. re-watch that video.

History will prove one of us right on how effective AC will be in the NFL, with the truth probably somewhere in between.

Love your insight. Collins has the potential to be special. Maybe not Lynch special but the guy will be a monster in his own way.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2inj1hog said:
Basis4day":2inj1hog said:
I see more Spencer Ware in this kid.
Spencer Ware turned out fine when given an actual opportunity.

I loved Spencer Ware. Really wish he kept it together off the field during his time here.

ACFan

Reaction score
Russell Wilson on AC:

AC, Alex Collins, he runs the ball physical. He had a move last week man, I don’t think I have ever seen anyone do, so. . . . He makes certain plays, he runs the ball a lot of Arkansas so that is a good thing. He knows what he is doing, he knows what he is running.

Wilson Raves About Options at Tailback:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -tailback/

He's complementary of all the backs, but he seems to have to stop himself short of gushing about AC.

He probably likes the fact they both played under Bielema.

kearly

Reaction score
ACFan":2c6vpdf4 said:
kearly":2c6vpdf4 said:

You have to understand that this isn't Arkansas or the SEC. This is a Tom Cable system where dancing gets you killed, and sharp, powerful, decisive cuts are greatly rewarded.

I don't know if you followed the Seahawks last season, but they got 5.6 YPC (best in the NFL) out of a UDFA RB despite having what was universally accepted as the worst OL in the NFL. How did this RB manage this? Because his ability to read and make strong decisive cuts is at an elite level.

So whereas I don't think Collins would need to change his stripes much for a team like Dallas or Carolina, in Seattle he'll need to adapt to a system that requires RBs to run so hyper it's almost as if they are on Amphetamines. The good news is that I think Collins has the explosiveness to do it, he just needs to learn how to make those explosive quick cuts.

Basically, fit is everything in Tom Cable's running game. Even the great Marshawn Lynch struggled here for an entire year before seeking out Tom Cable's advice about how to better fit the system. It's not just a matter of plugging a random stud RB and expecting results, you have to get the right RB who is cut from the right cloth. And last year, Thomas Rawls was so very eye-opening for Seahawks fans because he showed us exactly what an ideal Tom Cable RB looks like, and it wasn't someone like Lynch.

So yeah, can Collins be good for us? Sure. He's got some talent. He's also got some things to learn and some adjustments to make first. Realistically I think Seattle will start Collins off as a short yardage / goal line specialist, since his pitter patter steps are actually to his benefit on short yardage halfback dives. If that's how they view him long term, then he's ready out of the box. But if they want him to compete legitimately with Rawls for the starting job at any point, Collins will have to evolve some.

Basis4day":2c6vpdf4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2c6vpdf4 said:
Basis4day":2c6vpdf4 said:
I see more Spencer Ware in this kid.
Spencer Ware turned out fine when given an actual opportunity.

I loved Spencer Ware. Really wish he kept it together off the field during his time here.

Ware was my adopt-a-rookie in 2013. I've always been a big fan and am happy to see him put it together finally in KC. The thing about Ware isn't just that he was physical, it's that he was a very instinctual runner, unfortunately he just didn't have the speed. Collins isn't much like Ware IMO. Collins instincts are often a liability (this is backed up by many scouting reports) and at the same time, Collins has a burst that Ware doesn't have, so he is pretty different in those two key areas. I do think there is a RB on the current roster who comes pretty close to Ware though- Tre Madden. He doesn't have enough pure speed, but he has under-rated power and excellent instincts.

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":3803v0o7 said:
You have to understand that this isn't Arkansas or the SEC. This is a Tom Cable system where dancing gets you killed, and sharp, powerful, decisive cuts are greatly rewarded.

I don't know if you followed the Seahawks last season, but they got 5.6 YPC (best in the NFL) out of a UDFA RB despite having what was universally accepted as the worst OL in the NFL. How did this RB manage this? Because his ability to read and make strong decisive cuts is at an elite level.

So whereas I don't think Collins would need to change his stripes much for a team like Dallas or Carolina, in Seattle he'll need to adapt to a system that requires RBs to run so hyper it's almost as if they are on Amphetamines. The good news is that I think Collins has the explosiveness to do it, he just needs to learn how to make those explosive quick cuts.

Basically, fit is everything in Tom Cable's running game. Even the great Marshawn Lynch struggled here for an entire year before seeking out Tom Cable's advice about how to better fit the system. It's not just a matter of plugging a random stud RB and expecting results, you have to get the right RB who is cut from the right cloth. And last year, Thomas Rawls was so very eye-opening for Seahawks fans because he showed us exactly what an ideal Tom Cable RB looks like, and it wasn't someone like Lynch.

So yeah, can Collins be good for us? Sure. He's got some talent. He's also got some things to learn and some adjustments to make first. Realistically I think Seattle will start Collins off as a short yardage / goal line specialist, since his pitter patter steps are actually to his benefit on short yardage halfback dives. If that's how they view him long term, then he's ready out of the box. But if they want him to compete legitimately with Rawls for the starting job at any point, Collins will have to evolve some.

All good points I can live with except the "dancing will get you killed" point. I don't disagree with that in itself, only that I would not catergorize AC as a "dancer", far from it.

Adjustment to the NFL, learning and adapting to a different system, competition from other talented backs, all could take the shine off of what I hope for AC in his first year. good points.

I will say if after all is said and done through camp and preseason, that if the plan for AC is to only use him as a short yardage back during the regular season, I'll be pretty surprised.

I think people are hoping to replace, in part, what is being lost with ML, so they want to make AC into Beast mode Jr, and only see him as a power back.

A better picture of what AC really is will start to come into focus once the pads go on, just watch.

ACFan

Reaction score
Most Intriguing Seahawks: No. 18, RB Alex Collins

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/152740/mo ... x-collins/

points I was making on draft day:

Collins may have the most upside of the three tailbacks Seattle drafted. One thing that sets him apart from Prosise and Brooks – and from every other tailback on Seattle’s roster, for that matter – is a track record of consistent production and availability. Prosise only played running back for one season, and while it was a productive one, he missed three games with injuries. Brooks was never a starter in college. Inconsistency has defined Christine Michael’s career to date. Rawls topped 1,000 yards once in college, doing so as a senior after he switched schools and finally became a starter. And as good as he was as a rookie last year, Rawls went down in December with a broken ankle that ended his season. Collins, on the other hand, didn’t miss a game in his three seasons at Arkansas. He became only the third running back in SEC history to open his career with three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, totaling 1,577 yards and 20 touchowns as a junior.

Quarterback Russell Wilson noted earlier this offseason that Collins has shown excellent hands in practice, which reinforces the notion that his receiving skills are better than his college numbers would suggest.

Wilson also had the quote of few weeks back of on a open field cut so sharp and exquisite, it was one of the "best moves I've ever seen".

comments and attempts on analysing AC are intriguing in themselves.

a "power back" who "dances too much" while rarely ever getting caught for a loss in college, who never gets hurt, never missed a game as a football player since he started playing 5 years ago, shows "excellent hands", and 'incredible open field moves".

Joins only McFadden and Walker as the only SEC backs to start their career with 3 - 1,000 yard seasons.

You can see why he was chosen as an intriguing player.