6th best regular season in franchise history

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
stizz19":13fa9hyp said:
If we had Atlantas offense we couldn't afford our defense. I think Atlanta would trade their high powered O for our D (healthy) any day, I can't think of the last team that won the Owl with a D not in the top 10.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2 ... superbowl/

2012 Ravens 12th (offense 10th)
2011 Giants 25th (offense 9th)
2009 Saints 20th (offense 1st)
2007 Giants 17th (offense 14th)
2006 Colts 23rd (offense 2nd)

Where was Atlanta this year? 2nd at 416 YPG with the Saints at 426 YPG? I guess the 2006 Colts are living proof winning a Super Bowl with a 20th defense is possible... as long as you can put up the points.

Seymour":13fa9hyp said:
Of course you can't, we all want to forget that one!
Try SB 49 and NE with the #13 ranked defense beating the #1 ranked D.

That link shows NE at 8th... ?

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3i9m2vyn said:
gowazzu02":3i9m2vyn said:
Record wise 10-5-1 is 6th best ever by Seattle.

To help some of the negative nellies gain a little perspective.

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

The stats say different - http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats/sp-s-rpg-a-true-vw-teamdefense

It shows the Seahawks had the #7 run defense. Dallas was #1 against the run. Arizona was #1 in sacks. Where did you get your information?

I got my stats from brock and salk on the drive in this morning........

Seymour

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":13c9skfr said:
stizz19":13c9skfr said:
If we had Atlantas offense we couldn't afford our defense. I think Atlanta would trade their high powered O for our D (healthy) any day, I can't think of the last team that won the Owl with a D not in the top 10.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2 ... superbowl/

2012 Ravens 12th (offense 10th)
2011 Giants 25th (offense 9th)
2009 Saints 20th (offense 1st)
2007 Giants 17th (offense 14th)
2006 Colts 23rd (offense 2nd)

Where was Atlanta this year? 2nd at 416 YPG with the Saints at 426 YPG? I guess the 2006 Colts are living proof winning a Super Bowl with a 20th defense is possible... as long as you can put up the points.

Seymour":13c9skfr said:
Of course you can't, we all want to forget that one!
Try SB 49 and NE with the #13 ranked defense beating the #1 ranked D.

That link shows NE at 8th... ?

I didn't post that link. That is points allowed. D rank by default is typically done by yards gained against. Not getting into THAT debate. Point being, the clear superior D lost that game.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Seymour":1ry6m2ys said:
I didn't post that link. That is points allowed. D rank by default is typically done by yards gained against. Not getting into THAT debate. Point being, the clear superior D lost that game.

Oh... LOL just noticed that points allowed. My bad, just did a quick google and wasn't trying to debate. Definitely agree about the superior D in 49.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":3dvg0d7s said:
hawkfan68":3dvg0d7s said:
gowazzu02":3dvg0d7s said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks

The stats say different - http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats/sp-s-rpg-a-true-vw-teamdefense

It shows the Seahawks had the #7 run defense. Dallas was #1 against the run. Arizona was #1 in sacks. Where did you get your information?

I agree. #7 in Rushing D. We were #1 in Ave. Rushing Yards per attempt at 3.4.
Sacks is WRONG also. We were #3.

Ok. Got it. I was looking at total yards and ypg (yards per game). That makes sense. Thanks Seymour and gowazzu02.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3mwl6ged said:
I vote we rename "Negative Nellies" to "Realistic Richards".

Anyone that doesn't see our issues is just not paying attention.

That said, an "off" season and we still won 10. We are spoiled

It depends on who you're talking about. There are at least two major groups in this area.

Realistic Richards - Talk about how the team has flaws and their concerns regarding.

Negative Nellies - Have resigned themselves to the Seahawks having no chance at home against the Lions.

There's a whole spectrum in there, really. Don't throw away the one term, it suits some people.

253hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1txifji2 said:
This has been an awesome season imo.

Years from now we'll look back and see how spoiled we were, not being satisfied with a ten win season

I bet those Giants fans are still shaking their heads over those 10-6 and 9-7 championship seasons.

themunn

Reaction score
Seymour":3kvzludu said:
How does that stack up with 6th best record, when you also add in our division basically stepped aside for us this year?

If the division stepped aside for us this year how do you explain our 3-2-1 record against them. Only 1 team in the NFC (Dallas) won more games outside of their own division than Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
themunn":2s3rc9ot said:
Seymour":2s3rc9ot said:
How does that stack up with 6th best record, when you also add in our division basically stepped aside for us this year?

If the division stepped aside for us this year how do you explain our 3-2-1 record against them. Only 1 team in the NFC (Dallas) won more games outside of their own division than Seattle.

Stepped aside as in we did not even need to beat the better teams in our division to win it. They took themselves out and choked against everyone else for us.
The fact we didn't have winning records against the Rams and Tards tells more about us than them.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seymour":2ngs5es0 said:
themunn":2ngs5es0 said:
Seymour":2ngs5es0 said:

Stepped aside as in we did not even need to beat the better teams in our division to win it. They took themselves out and choked against everyone else for us.
The fact we didn't have winning records against the Rams and Tards tells more about us than them.

Meh, Rams have our number, plus add in we were the first game back in LA in however many years and if you didn't see the loss coming, thats on you.

The Cards ironically enough were the only team in the nfl with a top 10 O and top 10 D (per mmqb) their undoing was their ST's. which make our poor ST's look like world beaters.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3q14sdzf said:
Meh, Rams have our number...............

Which is just another way of saying that our coaching staff is unable to put a game plan together which will enable our Offense to score.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":szo8tf1m said:
gowazzu02":szo8tf1m said:
Meh, Rams have our number...............

Which is just another way of saying that our coaching staff is unable to put a game plan together which will enable our Offense to score.

We put 24 on them in Seattle later in the year. Don't forget our QB was playing through a High Ankle Sprain, which can sideline people for weeks if not months........but yes, the offense struggled in la. Although we were driving for the go ahead when cmike a backup rb fumbled.

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":e0lf55sv said:
Seymour":e0lf55sv said:
themunn":e0lf55sv said:
Seymour":e0lf55sv said:

Meh, Rams have our number, plus add in we were the first game back in LA in however many years and if you didn't see the loss coming, thats on you.

The Cards ironically enough were the only team in the nfl with a top 10 O and top 10 D (per mmqb) their undoing was their ST's. which make our poor ST's look like world beaters.

I saw that loss coming, what does that have to do with a gifted division title?
When I said it tells more about us, I'm talking about the level of talent on our team is easily neutralized by any team with an aggressive and disruptive Dline because our Oline is a weakness that we cannot always overcome. Now it appears to have our defenses heads down and is snowballing the entire season.

To be perfectly honest, I lost hope when I saw Lockett leave half his leg on the field, and the offense come in 1st and goal from the 1 and scores zero. We went on to lose by 3, lost the 2 seed, and our season IS trashed. You are welcome to put sprinkles and nuts on that if you like too.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
We also struggled in LA against the REFS, it was ridiculous how the NFL pulled that number on the game. Terrible. The NO game was full of game-changing calls too, and it came after being at the brutal OT tie in AZ where the D played almost 90 snaps.

Tampa Bay was called fairly but we were missing a whole bunch of starters, maybe most damagingly Justin Britt. Iirc, it came right after the Philly game which was very rough to both sides.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Not willing to concede the season until it's over, of course, but yeah, that first and goal from the half yard line after losing an emotional player and not getting the TD back kinda made me sick. Also, 7 plays inside the 10 and not gaining a single yard in another game... That's simply unacceptable. How much more incompetent can you get??? Butt fumble? Bobbled hold to win the game?

chet380

Reaction score
Right from the pre-season it was "Super Bowll!", "Super Bowl!!", "Super Bowl!!" even though there were alarming signs at all the OL positions, the DL lacked an up-the-middle pass rusher and the RB situation was far from satisfactory. And then the injuries hit -- many, but RW's was the most significant. When the regular season started the OL was exposed as woeful, the offense couldn't score and even more injuries.

The reaction of "the loyal Hawks fan base" here? Not "Jeez, we're having a run of bad luck and we hope that we can pull out of this mess", but rather shrieks of outrage that the Super Bowl was no longer a prospect and an avalanche of finger-pointing and criticism -- "Fire Bevell!!" (ad nauseam), "Fire Cable!!", "Fire Richard!!".

Take a step back, folks, and consider our recent good fortune -- a Super Bowl win, playoff success, an outstanding defense and an elite young QB -- a situation that the fans in Jax and Cleveland would kill for.

So let's chalk this one up as "not our year" and take what's coming like real fans -- not incessant negativity, but "Wait until you see us next year!"

Positivity and GO HAWKS!!

themunn

Reaction score
chet380":2ppc6qpk said:
So let's chalk this one up as "not our year" and take what's coming like real fans -- not incessant negativity, but "Wait until you see us next year!"

Positivity and GO HAWKS!!

It's not "not our year" just yet, still in the playoffs.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2r3fu3vv said:
I vote we rename "Negative Nellies" to "Realistic Richards".

Anyone that doesn't see our issues is just not paying attention.

That said, an "off" season and we still won 10. We are spoiled

:2thumbs: We have been spoiled and it's been great. I think our "current" SB window has closed but feel strongly that it will open up again real soon. The future still looks bright. :D

Aw Mang

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2fz2qg4q said:

3rd in overall scoring D
1st against the run
1st in sacks
Aim high.

Latest posts