72 NFL players tested positive for COVID-19

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
beastalamode":2rcl2aw5 said:
Again, tons of poor people have had to work through this and I havent heard a peep from anyone in the last 3 months saying that the essential people should get to stay home where it's safe.

But rich athletes shouldn't have to play football with the best equipment, pharmaceuticals, and human resources money can buy? They can even opt out if they want!

A lot of poor people's jobs turned out to be the essential ones. And virtually none of them involve regular close contact with dozens of people. Which is known to be hazardous.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Mizak":16caurbf said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29474507/72-nfl-players-tested-positive-coronavirus

I’m getting pessimistic that we’ll even have a season.
Any of them actually sick ?

Tical21

Reaction score
balakoth":1rpe0zmx said:
This is getting ridiculous ROFL

10k last week from influenza/pneumonia, 203 from covid.. Yet COVID is shutting down our country... This world is getting absurd with its logical thinking. :( :stirthepot:
Qanon?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":d3of7uai said:
Nhl is starting aug 1st. This will be a trial run. A few players get it and itll have trickle down effect

Again...

Look to soccer in Europe folks. Been playing for 2 months. I've said it numerous times on the board and people dismiss it.

Fans expected back by October.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7645hnom said:
Cyrus12":7645hnom said:
Nhl is starting aug 1st. This will be a trial run. A few players get it and itll have trickle down effect

Again...

Look to soccer in Europe folks. Been playing for 2 months. I've said it numerous times on the board and people dismiss it.

Fans expected back by October.

Yeah, but the European countries have coherent strategies in place involving testing, contact tracing, and mask wearing.

The United States is failing miserably at all three!

Smellyman

Reaction score
Tical21":3jpsln9a said:
balakoth":3jpsln9a said:
This is getting ridiculous ROFL

10k last week from influenza/pneumonia, 203 from covid.. Yet COVID is shutting down our country... This world is getting absurd with its logical thinking. :( :stirthepot:
Qanon?

AM radio talk show listener.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
72 tested positive since this whole thing began. It isn’t like they are all symptomatic right now. This isn’t a lot and I don’t see any reported hospitalizations. That being said, I think all players should take a prorated salary accounting for any cancelled games. This way they can adjust the salary cap accordingly without impacting rosters too much. An added bonus is they will get a small dose of reality for what many workers have already gone through with RIFs and reduction in salary. May cooler heads prevail. Lots of unnecessary emotion and hyperbole on both ends of this thing.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
They are going to get it either way in most cases
Id love to see a season and I just don't really see weather it happens or not that it changes anything at all other than reducing the speed at which they get it
So many levels to this it's crazy , I say play on but totally get the other views and ideas
who knew itd take this long to make a vaccine

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares?....Most healthy people shed it. Even my high risk friend got it and 3 weeks later he is fine and he's 100 pounds overweight.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":11gqpggw said:
Who cares?....Most healthy people shed it. Even my high risk friend got it and 3 weeks later he is fine and he's 100 pounds overweight.

The NFL and NFLPA both intensely care. Go to Florio today and read the proposals being thrown around. The only thing the NFL seems to be real sure on is that camp starts and rookies have to be there in 72 hours.

The whole thing looks like a chaotic mess.

poly1274

Reaction score
beastalamode":2ylv24np said:
You guys are acting like no football will save the athletes from getting sick. Theres still going to be athletes catching covid left and right, and I honestly dont think playing football will massively increase the covid rates among the players.

Are u trolling?

Throwdown

Reaction score
This is the saddest thread I’ve ever seen.

Some of you want them to go risk their lives for your entertainment? That’s disgusting.

Latest posts