KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/990066717287243776[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/alistaircorp/status/990065089159094273[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]AdO_aTt1O-U[/youtube]
Really young, has a high ceiling, and was productive. Not just an athlete but an actual good football player.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Well, Alistair over at FG does make a great point that SC did him no favors by playing him at 3 tech on base downs so much. Makes him look worse going against guards with more weight and better leverage. Still say he's a year away at least, but that IS a good point.

crosfam

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2qz8u6tw said:
Whats up with this Hurst guy.. rated #7 in the draft and still on the board?

I think he was sent home from combine with a heart issue

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So what I am reading is that he has great raw tools but needs development. Maybe a good selection over the long haul IF our office breaks tradition and keeps him after they spend years developing him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
crosfam":3c70x39i said:
Bobblehead":3c70x39i said:
Whats up with this Hurst guy.. rated #7 in the draft and still on the board?

I think he was sent home from combine with a heart issue

Thanks, Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I hope the fanbase can exercise a little patience with this kid. Lots of promise here. If he buys in to the whole Pete Carroll "thing" and maxes development, he'll be a pro-bowler.

Really excited with the two guys they've got so far. Hoping they use some of those 5th rounders to make sure they don't miss out on Shaquem Griffin.

And I'd really like to come out of this draft with a TE and/or wide receiver.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like this pick!

Good solid, very young player who was played out of position a lot last season and as such it was hard to know if he was a 3 tech or a strong side DE. He has the ability to grow into being a quality 3 tech if he adds some beef, but was a sold pass rusher when he played end. He’s a bit raw but has exceptional measurables.

Interesting trade down after DT- Nandi was snagged the pick ahead of the Hawks, thought that might have been the initial pick and the team traded down and reloaded their options to snag the next best player on their board. The 7th round pick gained was a a loss of pick value. However, the team has 8 picks for tomorrow and can move around to get the guys they want.

Seafan

Reaction score
Since he's the 79th pick and a DE with the last name Green the Hawks should give him #79.

Great pick. He was rated by some to be in the top 40 picks in this draft.

Rob Staton had him as a first rounder.

Two picks and the Hawks have covered their two biggest needs and did it very well.

Now they have 8 more picks tomorrow!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3dgwey2j said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/990081349296898048[/tweet]

I like it! He's a beast. Congrats Schneider, Carroll, and Co.

:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Kid is a relief pitcher this coming year while learning, may need to get the ACL fixed if he adds more weight since it could cause more stress. If he is sound and gains say 25 effective pounds as far as strength in his mass it will help a lot inside and make him harder to handle outside if he keeps his speed and quickness being able to now just bull rush as well and make guys LT handle size, speed and moves.

HansGruber

Reaction score
edogg23":2p2pbwam said:
I may be biased because I am a UCF alumni, but I was really hoping they would take shaquem griffin. The guy has heart for days and is a difference maker out there.

He hasn't been drafted yet. Everyone knew he was a 4th rounder, tops. I like him and think he could be a great addition, but honestly, who knows. Our coaches are looking for specific traits. It would be an awesome story to see him out there with his brother, and John/Pete love that kinda stuff, so there might be a real chance we draft him in the 5th-7th rounds if he's still there (and I think he might still be there in the 6th).

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rasheem "The Dream" Green is going to dominate and cause havoc on the outside. He was miscast as an every-down player on the inside. But that experience will prove fruitful as he takes reps inside on passing downs.

Jac

Reaction score
This article indicates the knee concerns might have been flawed information. He may have moved it in the MRI machine causing the anomaly. The Seattle doctors actually re-imaged his knee, and another Houston-based doctor evaluated him and said it wasn't high-risk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-is-fine/

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Not strong enough on the inside, not fast/quick enough on the outside. Had the sack numbers, by a lot appeard as coverage or qb ran into it. Kinda Lawrence Jackson more than mike b.

He is very young, and can/will get stronger. Not sure I see much of an immediate impact.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seems like a good pick as long as the coaches are aware that he's raw and remain patient with him. With NFL-level coaching he can be great. Liking the draft so far.