7th round, Pick #243, Kenny Lawler, WR, Cal

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2g17svmb said:
Do we take a flyer on Curt Maggitt? He's absolutely nutz on the field, which is why he gets hurt too much, but he might have the highest upside of all OLBs left right now.
Would be a good UDFA pickup.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":eyoexucq said:
I don't know why, but I see some Keenan Allen in him. Similar size, not the fastest receiver, but ultra productive and has the ability to dominate. Plus, they're both Cal guys

Probably has a lot to do with it. :D

Go Bears!

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Reading about him made me worry we were drafting another Chris Harper. After watching his tape, this kid can play. Great hands

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2x16gamq said:
Reading about him made me worry we were drafting another Chris Harper. After watching his tape, this kid can play. Great hands
Did he say he wore size XXXL receiver gloves in the Seattle media interview?

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":1m4cf95m said:

Big difference between a 4th and a late 7th.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2j75ritu said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2j75ritu said:

Yes :shock:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2543ay3q said:
TeamoftheCentury":2543ay3q said:
Seahawkwalt1967":2543ay3q said:

You know what they say about guys with big hands

hawknation2016

Reaction score
This strikes me as one of the weirder picks in the draft because of our depth at WR. He could be a nice red zone target, but it will be an uphill battle for him to make the roster. This is a likely practice squad acquisition, IMO, with room for future growth and development.

Erebus

Reaction score
hawknation2016":ixqtsygk said:
This strikes me as one of the weirder picks in the draft because of our depth at WR. He could be a nice red zone target, but it will be an uphill battle for him to make the roster. This is a likely practice squad acquisition, IMO, with room for future growth and development.

I don't think his path to the roster is that difficult. Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and Kearse have four spots locked down. Depending on how many WRs we carry, he should only have to beat out one or both of Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":162grku1 said:
Seahawkwalt1967":162grku1 said:
TeamoftheCentury":162grku1 said:
Seahawkwalt1967":162grku1 said:

You know what they say about guys with big hands
Yep...............they wear big gloves. :D

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Erebus":22uy97qt said:
hawknation2016":22uy97qt said:

I don't think his path to the roster is that difficult. Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and Kearse have four spots locked down. Depending on how many WRs we carry, he should only have to beat out one or both of Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith.

I guess it depends on whether they want to carry more than five receivers. I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith, who is quicker, more explosive, and has an even better catching radius. Kasen Williams has some similar attributes too. I'm also excited to see Douglas McNeil in action. Those are three guys who I see filling the same role.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm going to keep my eye on Kenny throughout Rookie Camp. I'd say that he has a 50-50 chance to be invited to TC in July.

Erebus

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":244gwi7y said:
I'm going to keep my eye on Kenny throughout Rookie Camp. I'd say that he has a 50-50 chance to be invited to TC in July.

50-50? More like 100% chance. They don't cut players until late August, so he would have to be really bad in rookie mini camp to be cut before TC.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":evub62sz said:
TeamoftheCentury":evub62sz said:
Seahawkwalt1967":evub62sz said:

Actually, maybe this isn't completely impressive. I just told my high school son (RB) - he shrugged his shoulders. He wears an XXL. His hands were measured 9 and 7/8.
In any case, Lawler definitely snags the ball with those big mitts. That's all we need to know.

kearly

Reaction score
He looks like a mighty-mite WR on video, I was really surprised to see that he was 6'2 1/2". It's weird how being thin framed makes players look shorter.

I don't like it when players have to give max effort to make a play. I like it much more when a player makes a big play look easy. Lawler is a good player, but he's the ultimate try-hard type. Sometimes try hard guys pan out in the NFL, but more often, you get players like Kevin Norwood.

I do like that Lawler is a TD machine. Hopefully that translates in the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":3ln26wsn said:
TeamoftheCentury":3ln26wsn said:
Seahawkwalt1967":3ln26wsn said:

Donald Trump hates him............. :)