7th Round, Pick #247, Zac Brooks, RB, Clemson

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
And the Seahawks just broke the internet by sending their fanbase right over the edge...........bwa ha ha ha

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Here's an article about Brooks from a local newspaper.. guy sounds like an athletic monster.

Brooks had a head-turning performance last week at Clemson’s pro day, where he was timed as fast as 4.32 in the 40-yard dash, recorded a 36-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump, lifted 225 pounds 18 times in the bench press and was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle, 11.32 seconds in the 60-yard shuttle and between 6.99 to 7.11 seconds in the three-cone drill.

Had Brooks been invited to this year’s NFL Scouting Combine, and been able to put up those numbers in Indianapolis, he would have ranked within the top five running backs in the 40, broad jump and the 60-yard shuttle. He would have finished no worse than 15th among running backs in any drill.

A wide receiver for part of his career at Jonesboro High in Jonesboro, Ark., Brooks worked out as both a running back and wide receiver at pro day.

“I really think I was able to get that across (at pro day) that I can both catch the ball and I have great skills coming out of the backfield,” Brooks said.

During pro day, Brooks spent time meeting with representatives from the Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks. He already had a visit to Seattle scheduled for April, and now that he has had an opportunity to work out in front of NFL scouts, there could be more to come.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/ ... 31062.html

vonstout

Reaction score
Why not take a chance on Eric Striker or Scooby? I don't get it. We won't keep that many RBs, so it's kind of a throw away pick unless he drastically outperforms one of the other draft picks.

crosfam

Reaction score
I think the last two picks are all about potential camp injuries, practice squad spots, and maybe they surprise and beat out a vet.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3rrsah5x said:
Wow another running back. i think its safe to say Pete wants some competition there.

Seriously insane. At this point, I almost rather the Seahawks traded up in the second round to draft a kicker!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think this guy was drafted as a RB. I think they want to move him to WR.

We'll see though.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
This is the Hawks purely drafting a guy that they might have had a harder time getting as an UDFA with the logjam at the position.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/726539063398797312[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Timmahawk":29gnzc0p said:
This is the Hawks purely drafting a guy that they might have had a harder time getting as an UDFA with the logjam at the position.

Also a possibility.

He visited the VMAC earlier this month so obviously they loved what they saw

chris98251

Reaction score
No Lynch

Injured Rawls

Michael a question mark

No third down Back

No Full Back

Take C.J. Prosise as a third down guy and develop as well as a special usage based on the interview I read.

Collins, short yardage guy and physical presence.

Brooks insurance and speed guy, change of pace.

Rawls starter unless he isn't ready.

Michael, keeping pressure on him to compete and improve.

Definitely using the numbers game to hopefully fill the stable with a physical style running game, these guys are going to be beating the hell out of our LB's and DB's in camp and pre season.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I can't really say I'm excited for Brooks but he's at least an amazing athlete, maybe they can mold him into something special. Who knows?

cover-2

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ddzi376 said:
Honestly I don't think this guy was drafted as a RB. I think they want to move him to WR.

We'll see though.

I agree, he will probably be tried at WR or even CB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
12thman.garydrake":2frda3d6 said:
Makes me wonder whats really going on with Rawls ankle. Fingers crossed
This. Because 3 running backs? Makes no sense. On the other hand only one TE probably means Graham will be back quickly. ;)

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Wasn't upset, but also wasn't sure about the pick when I first read it. After reading his numbers and seeing he's a monster athletically, I think this is a solid choice at the end of the draft. I think he is competition for Paul Richardson in the vertical/deep threat role. If he doesn't work out, it's just a late 7th pick that failed (something most teams expect most of the time). The upside was just too good to pass on and they wouldn't have been able to lure him here as an UDFA. Maybe Prosise is considered to add 10lbs and work as not only a receiving RB, but also as a weapon at the FB position? I hope Will Ratelle is signed in UDFA. I doubt that is the plan for Prosise, but *shrugs*