7th Round, Pick #247, Zac Brooks, RB, Clemson

chris98251

Reaction score
C.J. Prosise is the one back I don't know stays a back, maybe becomes a hybrid guy with his history, Percy Harvin without the attitude and injuries is what I am thinking.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":3289plty said:
No Lynch

Injured Rawls

Michael a question mark

No third down Back

No Full Back

Take C.J. Prosise as a third down guy and develop as well as a special usage based on the interview I read.

Collins, short yardage guy and physical presence.

Brooks insurance and speed guy, change of pace.

Rawls starter unless he isn't ready.

Michael, keeping pressure on him to compete and improve.

Defiantly using the numbers game to hopefully fill the stable with a physical style running game, these guys are going to be beating the hell out of our LB's and DB's in camp and pre season.

They're definitely *defiantly* doing something!

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":2mxb689n said:
chris98251":2mxb689n said:
No Lynch

Injured Rawls

Michael a question mark

No third down Back

No Full Back

Take C.J. Prosise as a third down guy and develop as well as a special usage based on the interview I read.

Collins, short yardage guy and physical presence.

Brooks insurance and speed guy, change of pace.

Rawls starter unless he isn't ready.

Michael, keeping pressure on him to compete and improve.

Defiantly using the numbers game to hopefully fill the stable with a physical style running game, these guys are going to be beating the hell out of our LB's and DB's in camp and pre season.

Auto correct gets me every time.

nategreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nv60juc said:
nategreat":1nv60juc said:
JSeahawks":1nv60juc said:
Return man? Keep Lockett healthy.

Except that we got Lockett TO BE the returner.

And now he's our best wide receiver.

True. But he's elite @ returning, and I think the team wants to utilize that. Just like Percy :pukeface:

soohawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1jduc9fu said:
C.J. Prosise is the one back I don't know stays a back, maybe becomes a hybrid guy with his history, Percy Harvin without the attitude and injuries is what I am thinking.

I had a similar thought last night when i read about his explosiveness and ball carrying abilities. Very excited to get to see this guy develop as a pro under the tutelage of our offensive coordinator and rb coach. They can mold him into a specialized weapon and line him up where ever the skill set is required. He will be a valuable piece of our offense over the next few years as he grows :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bevell and cable always wanted a running back by committee. This draft drives that point home.

Overall I'm pleased with the draft. In Pete and John we trust

A-Dog

Reaction score
Interesting that they took Prosise and Brooks, both with WR experience. While Collins makes sense as competition for the mixed-down role with Rawls and Michael, these guys will be competing with for the Fred Jackson 3rd-and-long role. I wonder if Bevell has some interesting plans for involving backs in the passing game, like a lot more empty backfield and quick passing. Could also see this guy on jet sweeps a la Percy Harvin.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
There was no need to draft another RB.

From a talent standpoint this doesn't help us. The RBs who don't make the team will basically be as good as our #3.

For competition/depth purposes there's a number of positions that could use it more than RB at this point.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3v0p28s6 said:
oregonhawkfan":3v0p28s6 said:
And the Seahawks just broke the internet by sending their fanbase right over the edge...........bwa ha ha ha

Why would anyone get worked up over the last pick of our draft? It is pure BPA at that point.
Normally you'd want to go BPA, but not when you've already drafted 2 players at a position where you only "needed" one.

One or two of our RB picks won't even make the roster.

You reach a point where every additional pick at the position means another one won't make the team.

Let's say the Hawks had another 7th round pick and they drafted a FOURTH RB, only 2 of them at most would make the roster with Rawls (even though he's recovering) and Michael (who stepped up his play) already in the mix.

Being a late round pick means its not something to get worked up about, but logically the Hawks virtually guaranteed that at least one of their RB picks will be 100% wasted, whereas there are positions where we would still benefit from the added body.

Erebus

Reaction score
chris98251":210u04jx said:
HawkGA":210u04jx said:
chris98251":210u04jx said:

Auto correct gets me every time.

That's because there is no A in definitely. Spell it with an A and auto-correct will change it to defiantly.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":27l8uv8m said:
bjornanderson21":27l8uv8m said:

From a talent standpoint this doesn't help us. The RBs who don't make the team will basically be as good as our #3.

For competition/depth purposes there's a number of positions that could use it more than RB at this point.

How can anyone say that? RB was one of the biggest needs. They have ALWAYS approached needs by throwing as many solutions at the problem as possible. Why anyone would be confused that they take the same approach to the RB position, I am not sure.
We clearly disagree on how much of a need it was. We will see how smart/dumb it was to use 3 picks on RB.

You say we should throw as many solutions at the problem as possible (you gave no limit).

If we drafted 4 RBs would you think it's smart?

If we drafted 5 RBs would you think it's smart?

What about 6?

At what point would YOU say we started wasting picks?

Erebus

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":29knbm18 said:
FlyHawksFly":29knbm18 said:
oregonhawkfan":29knbm18 said:
And the Seahawks just broke the internet by sending their fanbase right over the edge...........bwa ha ha ha

Why would anyone get worked up over the last pick of our draft? It is pure BPA at that point.
Normally you'd want to go BPA, but not when you've already drafted 2 players at a position where you only "needed" one.

One or two of our RB picks won't even make the roster.

You reach a point where every additional pick at the position means another one won't make the team.

Let's say the Hawks had another 7th round pick and they drafted a FOURTH RB, only 2 of them at most would make the roster with Rawls (even though he's recovering) and Michael (who stepped up his play) already in the mix.

Being a late round pick means its not something to get worked up about, but logically the Hawks virtually guaranteed that at least one of their RB picks will be 100% wasted, whereas there are positions where we would still benefit from the added body.

My thoughts exactly. And if the 7th round pick actually does work out, that means the 3rd or 5th round pick was wasted.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
A-Dog":3r4vwwtx said:
Interesting that they took Prosise and Brooks, both with WR experience. While Collins makes sense as competition for the mixed-down role with Rawls and Michael, these guys will be competing with for the Fred Jackson 3rd-and-long role. I wonder if Bevell has some interesting plans for involving backs in the passing game, like a lot more empty backfield and quick passing. Could also see this guy on jet sweeps a la Percy Harvin.
Or use him out wide for bubble screens
I had to do it. :twisted:

A-Dog

Reaction score
We also have to wonder what's going on at fullback. We have none on the roster (although Reed did line up at FB a few times for Alabama). Vannett might factor in here as well in terms of how we line up in short yardage.

If we don't keep a FB we might keep 4 or 5 running backs. I can see all three of these guys making the roster in that case.

Anyone have any stats on how effective Rawls was running with/without a fullback?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":lmh7af4x said:
bjornanderson21":lmh7af4x said:
FlyHawksFly":lmh7af4x said:
bjornanderson21":lmh7af4x said:

How can anyone say that? RB was one of the biggest needs. They have ALWAYS approached needs by throwing as many solutions at the problem as possible. Why anyone would be confused that they take the same approach to the RB position, I am not sure.
We clearly disagree on how much of a need it was. We will see how smart/dumb it was to use 3 picks on RB.

You say we should throw as many solutions at the problem as possible, but you give no limit.

If we drafted 4 RBs would you think it's smart?

If we drafted 5 RBs would you think it's smart?

What about 6?

At what point would YOU say we started wasting picks?

You can argue against me all you want, I am telling you what their strategy actually is. Whether or not I agree with it, is beside the point. The Seahawks clearly saw it as a need, and I trust them to have the most accurate information. I would have grabbed another position for sure, but it isn't surprising to see the Hawks take this approach. If you have followed this FO would know that is the approach they take.

Besides that, it's a 7th round pick. Let's be real here, if you are pissed over a 7th round pick, you have some issues.
I said in my other post that a 7th round pick is not something get worked up about, so i think you know where you can shove the "issues" crap.

I gave my analysis and explained my reasoning.

I asked you a simple question, "how many" and all you came back with is "In Pete and John I trust."

We're done here.