7th Round, Pick #247, Zac Brooks, RB, Clemson

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Erebus":2kcd342g said:
bjornanderson21":2kcd342g said:
FlyHawksFly":2kcd342g said:
oregonhawkfan":2kcd342g said:
And the Seahawks just broke the internet by sending their fanbase right over the edge...........bwa ha ha ha

Why would anyone get worked up over the last pick of our draft? It is pure BPA at that point.
Normally you'd want to go BPA, but not when you've already drafted 2 players at a position where you only "needed" one.

One or two of our RB picks won't even make the roster.

You reach a point where every additional pick at the position means another one won't make the team.

Let's say the Hawks had another 7th round pick and they drafted a FOURTH RB, only 2 of them at most would make the roster with Rawls (even though he's recovering) and Michael (who stepped up his play) already in the mix.

Being a late round pick means its not something to get worked up about, but logically the Hawks virtually guaranteed that at least one of their RB picks will be 100% wasted, whereas there are positions where we would still benefit from the added body.

My thoughts exactly. And if the 7th round pick actually does work out, that means the 3rd or 5th round pick was wasted.

I'm sorry, but this thought process is completely silly. You're saying that you disagree with drafting Zac Brooks because it would be bad if he beat out higher drafted prospects? Why even draft in the late rounds in that case?

3 unproven college prospects, all of which are significantly different from one another, is not overkill when you're heading into the season with Christine Michael as your only healthy back.

Competition, boys. Competition. Embrace it. There's going to be a lot of it. That's how you reload a team. Stock up on talent and have them duke it out.

This is how you address a striking need. Don't just throw a prospect at it once a year and hope it fixes the need. Up your chances by drafting a few different guys you like.

If you don't get a star, you damn well get depth, at least.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like it, I was wondering about taking 3 RBs but that is what we are, we are a running team. I think Prosise and Brooks are more of the gadget/special teams types and Collins is more of a Michael/Rawls type.

We'll see though, we have carried 5 RB's before.