hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1039235320049364992[/tweet]

He eclipsed 100 yards while running only 20 routes.

His yards after contact were something we saw at UW.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3q0kjoue said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1039235320049364992[/tweet]

He eclipsed 100 yards while running only 20 routes.

His yards after contact were something we saw at UW.

YUP. He dishes out some punishment for guys wanting to tackle him.

Serious potential. Love it!

Fade

Reaction score
sutz":2q9mvs0s said:
People who watched the Huskies knew Dissly could catch the ball and RAC.

The "he's a great blocker" meme was true, but didn't tell the whole story. I'd say he was poorly scouted by a lot of the national media.

:229031_shrug:

He was very much poorly scouted.

Dude is like Gronk. An absolute load to bring down, amazing hands and can comfortably catch the ball away from his frame, can block, and is more agile than you'd think he would be. Shockingly natural running routes down field, and tracks the ball just fine. An area you would think a D-Line convert would struggle with.

If you read his scouting report last April, it reads out like he was a stiff converted D-lineman that can block, has hands, but can't run routes, and will be nothing more than a career backup that can block, and play on special teams.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":3ddwgg9d said:
pittpnthrs":3ddwgg9d said:
Jazzhawk":3ddwgg9d said:
New - Will Dissly - 105 yards, 3 catches, 1 TD and blocked a lot.

Old - J Graham - 8 yards, 2 catches, 0 TD and whiffed a lot.

Two cheers for Will :irishdrinkers:

Most important thing though,,,,,,

GB 1-0
Sea 0-1

Wow! It's so not like you to Debbie Downer a thread!

Well the threads silly. Dissly probably had his career game yesterday and he's all of a sudden being compared to Jimmy Graham?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you mad that you may have been wrong about a pick that the front office made? I doubt anyone actually thinks he's on the Graham level. But it's still pretty damn cool how well he played and how sound he looks out there. This was his first game in the NFL, and he looked like a vet. I'm serious, would it hurt to actually give the front office credit? It was a hell of a draft pick, and he's going to be a hell of a player. How dare you people get excited about a draft pick having an incredible debut.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ecgw7wl said:
Are you mad that you may have been wrong about a pick that the front office made? I doubt anyone actually thinks he's on the Graham level. But it's still pretty damn cool how well he played and how sound he looks out there. This was his first game in the NFL, and he looked like a vet. I'm serious, would it hurt to actually give the front office credit? It was a hell of a draft pick, and he's going to be a hell of a player. How dare you people get excited about a draft pick having an incredible debut.
Well, if he can block and help the running game and pass protection, I'd argue that he IS better than Graham for our team and how we want to use him.

:mrgreen:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sutz":130k0ii4 said:
SoulfishHawk":130k0ii4 said:
Well, if he can block and help the running game and pass protection, I'd argue that he IS better than Graham for our team and how we want to use him.

:mrgreen:

True. Not the remarkable athlete Graham was/is but as stated, a much more traditional, smashmouth style TE which could really benefit RW if the two continue to develop.

He is more Gronkish than Grahamish and that's a good thing - and I say that as a big Graham fan who hopes he has a fine season in Green Bay.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gronk is a puss compared to other historical TE's, or Ozzie Newsome, or Kellen Winslow, Or Todd Christenson, Look at Mark Bavarro archives based on what we saw yesterday.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":1s7uui30 said:
Gronk is a puss compared to other historical TE's, or Ozzie Newsome, or Kellen Winslow, Or Todd Christenson, Look at Mark Bavarro archives based on what we saw yesterday.

Those are all great TE's for sure though Gronk is a far more overpowering/blocking presence than some on that list. His go for broke style has also diminished his availability.

That said, he already ranks at the top of all TE in history in many categories. For instance I believe he is only behind the great Jerry Rice in post season touchdowns and has more touchdowns than any other TE currently in the Hall of Fame and if he manages 5 more relatively injury-free seasons (a big if of course) he'll surpass the great Gonzalez who racked up his #s over the course of 17 seasons.

"Puss" Gronk is not. He may or may not end up being the greatest TE of all time in almost all TE-related categories but will most certainly be in the Top 5 and as such is the most dominant TE of the last decade. Great hands, runs like a bull after catching the ball, great blocker, great chaos creator for defenses.

Whether his body holds up for another 5 seasons is the big question...

adeltaY

Reaction score
Gronk is tough as hell. Earl knocked his soul out of his body and he finished the rest of the game and was still beasting.

Also please don't overrate dissly after one game. If he can get 500 receiving yards and blocks well he will be a steal of a pick. Gronkowski he is not.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Dissly is awesome. Hopefully he can become a clutch red zone threat

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Will Dissly was my "Rookie Pick". The fact that he has performed so well in his first game is a positive sign that he is likely to get even better. It was great to hear that he is a favorite of Russ Wilson is another good sign toward teamwork between the two.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
adeltaY":1j72hcri said:
Gronk is tough as hell. Earl knocked his soul out of his body and he finished the rest of the game and was still beasting.

Also please don't overrate dissly after one game. If he can get 500 receiving yards and blocks well he will be a steal of a pick. Gronkowski he is not.

Agreed on both counts. Anyone who calls Gronk a "puss" needs to take up watching another sport because they have no right to comment on anything NFL related.

Dissly showed great potential as I said - "Gronk-like" in that first showing but of course many miles to go before he could ever be rated alongside Gronk himself. Nice to see a Husky doing so well out of the gate though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dgwyj05v said:

Not mad at all. If he can keep up that kind of production or even half if that, it would be outstanding. Sample size is small though. He has a long, long ways to go to even be mentioned in the same breath as Graham though.