Ad Hawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1xcq5x7i said:
SoulfishHawk":1xcq5x7i said:
Are you mad that you may have been wrong about a pick that the front office made? I doubt anyone actually thinks he's on the Graham level. But it's still pretty damn cool how well he played and how sound he looks out there. This was his first game in the NFL, and he looked like a vet. I'm serious, would it hurt to actually give the front office credit? It was a hell of a draft pick, and he's going to be a hell of a player. How dare you people get excited about a draft pick having an incredible debut.

Not mad at all. If he can keep up that kind of production or even half if that, it would be outstanding. Sample size is small though. He has a long, long ways to go to even be mentioned in the same breath as Graham though.

Except we're doing just that, talking about them together. You're welcome to ignore the conversation if you feel we shouldn't do it.

Did Jimmy ever have that many yards as a Seahawk? I don't remember it. He may have, but it's doubtful, especially recently.

I love having a powerful, good catching TE again.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1bjavem3 said:
pittpnthrs":1bjavem3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1bjavem3 said:
Are you mad that you may have been wrong about a pick that the front office made? I doubt anyone actually thinks he's on the Graham level. But it's still pretty damn cool how well he played and how sound he looks out there. This was his first game in the NFL, and he looked like a vet. I'm serious, would it hurt to actually give the front office credit? It was a hell of a draft pick, and he's going to be a hell of a player. How dare you people get excited about a draft pick having an incredible debut.

Not mad at all. If he can keep up that kind of production or even half if that, it would be outstanding. Sample size is small though. He has a long, long ways to go to even be mentioned in the same breath as Graham though.

Except we're doing just that, talking about them together. You're welcome to ignore the conversation if you feel we shouldn't do it.

Did Jimmy ever have that many yards as a Seahawk? I don't remember it. He may have, but it's doubtful, especially recently.

He had 11 for 140 against Carolina in 2015, another loss.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":f4q3i9a5 said:

The point being is, i'm not sure if we have one yet. One game isnt much to go off of. I hope to goodness he can keep it up.

zetes

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":22biuxnd said:
He kind of reminds me of Itula Mili.

LOL! Come 'on!!! Don't say that - that's just cruel!

He had a great game for a rookie - no doubt. He fits our scheme well if he even averages half of his 1st game the rest of the year so I see only positives at this point. It was a really good pick from today's perspective.

Z.

sutz

Reaction score
Dissly had a great game. We'll see going forward how he does when teams get film and start adjusting for him.

It looks like Denver pretty much closed him out in the second half.

Give him a few games and we'll see. So far, though.... :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Dissly did some of that at UW. So the ability to catch the ball and run like Mark Bruener was not a surprise.

He did not get as many passes because he was on a team with Ross, Pettis and was overshadowed by the other TE Hunter Bryant (who is a stud...but is injured this year, got injured last year too.)

Dissly was known for having soft hands but being a little slow. He looks faster in the NFL, which is weird. But he was always able to run through guys like Bruener did.

(Sidenote: Bruener still lives up here, amazing guy, amazing family - only downside is he scouts for the Steelers...ick)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Dissly just fits what hawks fans desire from a TE. Good style fit. He could not have another 100 yard day the rest of the year and he'll still be a good fit.

Health permitting, he already looks like the kind of talent we'd sign for a 2nd deal. Attitude and aptitude match.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":4crvcm26 said:
Well the threads silly. Dissly probably had his career game yesterday and he's all of a sudden being compared to Jimmy Graham?
Incorrect!

He is the Anti-Jimmy Graham.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe, I would love to see us get Hunter Bryant on the other side. He is the example for the Graham comparison that people are making.

Sure he got injured but that was because he was being hung out to dry by his QB and laying all out to try to catch poorly located balls. I think he tried to come back too early and as a result, got injured again.

He is going to be special.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":38arr3z5 said:
New - Will Dissly - 105 yards, 3 catches, 1 TD and blocked a lot.

Old - J Graham - 8 yards, 2 catches, 0 TD and whiffed a lot.

Two cheers for Will :irishdrinkers:
Graham who? LOL

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He had a great first half.

Unfortunately, he was either under utilized or covered well in the second half

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":16i16uou said:
Aros":16i16uou said:
pittpnthrs":16i16uou said:
Jazzhawk":16i16uou said:
New - Will Dissly - 105 yards, 3 catches, 1 TD and blocked a lot.

Old - J Graham - 8 yards, 2 catches, 0 TD and whiffed a lot.

Two cheers for Will :irishdrinkers:

Most important thing though,,,,,,

GB 1-0
Sea 0-1

Wow! It's so not like you to Debbie Downer a thread!

Well the threads silly. Dissly probably had his career game yesterday and he's all of a sudden being compared to Jimmy Graham?
No comparison, Jimmy Graham refuses to BLOCK, & any TE worth a shit doesn't wuss out on blocking for his teammates.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":36ksq2rf said:
pittpnthrs":36ksq2rf said:
Aros":36ksq2rf said:
pittpnthrs":36ksq2rf said:
Most important thing though,,,,,,

GB 1-0
Sea 0-1

Wow! It's so not like you to Debbie Downer a thread!

No comparison, Jimmy Graham refuses to BLOCK, & any TE worth a shit doesn't wuss out on blocking for his teammates.

Any TE worth a shit? Tell that to Graham when he's getting his gold jacket in Canton.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For what he's getting paid in Green Bay, I'll take who we have out there for a 10th of the price basically. I liked Graham as a pass catcher, but his flat out refusal to block was pretty weak. He didn't even try at times.

toffee

Reaction score
With Dissly and Brandon Marshall, our tall WR issue seems to be under control. If these two keep it up, I will call it an upgrade over what we had last year. Baldwin's injury hurts though, do we even have a legit backup for Doug?

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3pyrej5c said:
Well, it was the best game in his pro career for sure. :mrgreen:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
sutz":2jup6d8h said:
pittpnthrs":2jup6d8h said:

It was also the worst game in his pro career! :p

sutz

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1azdnbv4 said:
sutz":1azdnbv4 said:
pittpnthrs":1azdnbv4 said:

Lf empty 3 types of people glass half full 2951065

GeekHawk

Reaction score
sutz":22cj2u6u said:
hawknation2018":22cj2u6u said:
sutz":22cj2u6u said:
pittpnthrs":22cj2u6u said:

Lf empty 3 types of people glass half full 2951065

That's not piss. That's Coors Lite.