944 players in the NFL earn more than RW.

themunn

Reaction score
UGotHawked":1tvlx66t said:
bestfightstory":1tvlx66t said:
Zebulon Dak":1tvlx66t said:
At what point can we throw a bunch of money at him without breaking rules?

No reason every Seahawks fan on the planet can't put a five dollar bill in aenvelope addressed to him.

Russell is a starting QB in the NFL. He is 24 years old and he has banked a couple million bucks including endorsements more than he had a year and a half ago and he stands to make an annual salary with 7 digits very soon. Let's not cry for him. He's doing just fine (other than the pass blocking).

more like 8 digits

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I could care less what a player makes as long as it does not greatly impact the team negatively speaking because a couple players were paid a lot. That being said I am not too worried that rookies are paid what they are because if this scale did not change we would have a far different team right now. This topic has been brought up a lot.

Reaction score
bestfightstory":bgmby050 said:
UGotHawked":bgmby050 said:
bestfightstory":bgmby050 said:
Zebulon Dak":bgmby050 said:
At what point can we throw a bunch of money at him without breaking rules?

No reason every Seahawks fan on the planet can't put a five dollar bill in aenvelope addressed to him.

Russell is a starting QB in the NFL. He is 24 years old and he has banked a couple million bucks including endorsements more than he had a year and a half ago and he stands to make an annual salary with 7 digits very soon. Let's not cry for him. He's doing just fine (other than the pass blocking).

Wow. I guess I'm gonna look pretty silly when I'm the only one who sent an envelope with a $5 bill in it.
YO BFS,
Do you, perhaps, have a mailing address that you would care to share?
With a PM, of course.
Go Hawks,
BillA

mjwhitay

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":ic2vjr96 said:
jammerhawk":ic2vjr96 said:
I genuinely doubt that even then RW will be much interested in moving elsewhere.

I'm worried that he stays healthy despite the pounding they are exposing him to over the past few games.

See what I did there? Those two statements perfectly mirror my recent shift of my thought regarding our chances of retaining him. At the end of last season, I felt there was almost no way he would leave for another team when the time came. Now I'm not so sure. Who in his right mind would voluntarily get pounded behind a bargain basement OL? Concern for his well being aside, Russell has made very clear his aspirations of greatness. Those goals won't be realized playing behind a sieve for an OL. The powers that be better start putting some emphasis on pass protection.

We don't have a bargain basement line! We're missing both tackles . Why is this so difficult to understand????????

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd feel (even) better about Wilson's current pay if none of those 944 were Hawks.

Don't worry about mailing 5 spots to RW, he's got money coming in from every angle right now and MUCH more coming (too) soon.

justafan

Reaction score
Soon we will be pissed about how much money all our underpaid players want on the next contract.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Didn't Paul Allen have him adress the board at MIcrosoft or something? I wonder if he is compensated for stuff like that? I bet he is taken care of one way or another though and I'm sure if we all sent checks we would all receive notices that the money was donated to the make a wish foundation.