9ers dumping Stevie Johnson

hawksurething

Reaction score
I would be OK with Stevie dirt cheap only AFTER we get A.Johnson.

Stevie is just a slot WR though and I think Baldwin is better due to Steve running those impromptu routes that cause INTs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Our expert WR guy hasn't chimed in?I'm shocked..

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":s1667xr4 said:

Of course I did. Look up :)

Impromtu route runner Stevie and his Int causing. Lol.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksurething":1byrpjv6 said:
IndyHawk":1byrpjv6 said:

Of course I did. Look up :)

Impromtu route runner Stevie and his Int causing. Lol.

What are the statistics on his "impromtu" route running? Where does he cut off his routes? 5 yards? 10? How many INTs has he caused, exactly?

Any video footage of him going rogue?

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I would be mildly excited if he became a hawk. I was surprised how his year went last year. Strange.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I recall he did well in Buffalo. Why not bring him in and kick the tires? He cant be worse than half of our receivers did last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":k2qlqusc said:
HawkFan72":k2qlqusc said:
Attyla the Hawk":k2qlqusc said:
Hawks46":k2qlqusc said:
I'm assuming that if we draft a guy, or bring a guy like Andre Johnson in, that Baldwin moves to the slot. One side is set with Kearse already.

That said, Isn't Stevie Johnson pretty much a slot guy at this point ? So I'd think it would be redundant to sign a slot guy when we already have Baldwin.

He's a perimeter wideout. Can play SE or flanker.

He is a good WR -- one of the very best in the NFL in terms of route running. Gave Sherman fits when we played Buffalo in Toronto.

Johnson (either one) would be an excellent addition for Seattle. Instantly upgrading the top 3 of our six man corps.

I remember when the 49ers acquired him that the 49er fans were so happy because they said they finally had a good slot receiver.

Things don't always work out the way you want, you know like Harvin.

True, but I was wasn't knocking the acquistion. I was referring more to the discussion I quoted that Johnson was an outside guy, not a slot guy. When he was acquired, he was said to be a slot guy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2015":28daxidb said:
Officially released. Excellent player who may be dealing with a knee issue.
Hope we at least take a look at him especially if the Andre Johnson information is valid. Seemed like a good receiver to me.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Here's a decent in focus review of Johnson dated from 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... week-15-2/

Details some of the good and the bad. One of his strengths being able to play sandlot ball. Oddly, for many teams, this would be a significant liability. But for a team with the best improvising/sandlot QB in the league -- this might be more of an appealing feature instead of a reason to pass on him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2d1ck3qn said:

Details some of the good and the bad. One of his strengths being able to play sandlot ball. Oddly, for many teams, this would be a significant liability. But for a team with the best improvising/sandlot QB in the league -- this might be more of an appealing feature instead of a reason to pass on him.
He's at least worth a good look. And if his strength is to play sandlot ball then it's a total no brainer.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":11w392w1 said:

Thank for posting proof of what I was saying about him.

Dude gets open eventually but cause so many INTs. Look to add at least 5 INTs to Wilson's stats.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd be really surprised if we bought him in. I think we've spent our money on pass catchers now. Might change if nothing gets done elsewhere, but I think we'll prioritize O-line and D-line first. Lots of talented WR's will go between the 2nd-5th round, and we should still have 8 picks in those rounds. 2, 3, 4 (NO), 4, 4 (Tate), 5, 5 (Browner), 5 (Breno).

Latest posts