A 12 man question from a dolphin fan.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":29rs81uu said:
Also to piggyback on what suzitnagal said, a lot of this is inherent in the atmosphere the team and organization breed. When you go to a Seahawks game, you know it's going to be loud. Loudness is one of the KEY ingredients that is oft mentioned and oft hyped about the game. You expect to yell your ass off the whole time we're on defense. You expect to lose your voice and not get it back until the next Thursday. It's ingrained into the culture of being a Twelve and a 'Hawks fan.

When you go to watch the Dolphins, at least from what I've seen, you go for a party atmosphere. I've seen a lot of work put into that organization by Jimmy Buffett and his gang that have turned it into more of a parrothead festival than a chance to bellow your support onto the field. I love Buffett's music, but that's no atmosphere for a winning football team. Until that changes, you will continue to have those questions.
Your missing my point, you have to have the foundation to set and develop the culture of a true 12 the man , the venue is that foundation, if you have a venue where the stands are literally too far away from the field there is no connection, the advantage will never be able to grow.

The venue has to be built a certain way to achieve what it is you have..

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
camdawg":3q884r5t said:
Djphinfan":3q884r5t said:
I disagree sir, the orange bowl had an incredible 12 the man reputation..thought most folks knew that, A lot of where the decibels comes from has to do with the architecture of the building itself, proximity is so important, the orange bowl had it all, and the place we play in now is the complete opposite, farthest distance from stands to field in the league, which in turn creates a more passive crowd then if you were right on top of the action..

People around here remember how feared the Miami Hurricanes were in the OB, because the UDub were the team to break the streak.

What isn't remembered as often is the Orange Bowl is home to not just the longest college home winning streak, but also the longest pro home winning streak as well. That can't have been a fluke. As a Husky fan that went to the big Miami revenge blowout of Washington, the OB was extremely close, if not just as loud, as the game in Husky Stadium the year before. You also made the rough, tough, 85 Bears beg the officials for help in quieting you down in the famous MNF game.

If there's any criticisms we'd have of MIami football fans...you guys were great for the big games, but quieter for "normal" games than we might be.

Well said, there is no coincidence..proximity, architecture is the most important element.

What's hilarious is the suits around the league still don't get it, and it's right in front of their eyes, the impact on the game, the performance of the players, and the wallet, that is.

chris98251

Reaction score
As I stated, this fan base was load for the Huskies a open ended outdoor stadium, they were loud in the Kingdome, they are loud in the Clink, and they were loud in Key Arena for the Sonics. It's the fans, it's not any given arena, it's all of them, the Meadowlands where we messed up Manning, we didn't build that either.

There is a passion here about our teams when they are bought into, Schultz didn't get it, the Mariners really don't get it.

Mick063

Reaction score
I went to the Kingdome games when I was a kid.

What is shocking to me is that some people think crowd noise for Seahawk football is something new or that it didn't start until the new stadium was built. That it is stadium design and not the crowd that creates the noise.

Let me be honest with you. Thirty years ago, people left the game with their ears ringing for the next couple of days.

In short....It has ALWAYS been this way.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
The kingdome and the link have things in common, one was a dome where the stands were close and the link is very close, to the field, these are facts and are essential..

If y'all had sunlife here in Seattle there would be no 12 the man..must have the venue built correctly to achieve the culture that you have..

In terms of the Super Bowl, that's a result from your culture understanding how to perform and feeding on your reputation..

These are all compliments but I'm afraid some of you are taking it personally that I'm giving a certain level of credit to the architecture..

You see I can say that because, when we were in the orange bowl, we started the whole business of impacting the game thru crowd noise, and there's much evidence to show, from both programs pro and college, as soon as we moved into the cancer that is sunlife, it all disappeared, and so did both cultures, championships, and 12th man.

It's no coincidence...now your fanbase is understanding the advantage and is learning it to a science of sorts, takin it to levels that are unprecedented , but don't get it twisted, the venue is the key element.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't get it, before the Kingdome, before the Seahawks, we had the Huskies at UW, we were loud then, arguably the Loudest in the Pac 8 back then. Husky Stadium is open ended, It's outside, it was just remodeled, it's is close to a 100 years old.

The Noise, The Wave all started there.

253hawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen designed CLink after old Husky Stadium for its atmosphere and loud experience when he watched games there.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Djphinfan":31qkh9m0 said:
If y'all had sunlife here in Seattle there would be no 12 the man..must have the venue built correctly to achieve the culture that you have..

wow this guy lmao :th2thumbs: u obviously have no clue. u just want to keep going back to stadium acoustics and u just sound desperate trying to dismiss our fanbase.

the 12thman has existed way before the clink. although i have fond memories of games in the kingdom as a kid, by NO means was the kingdome a top venue. if it was, its only because we the fans made it so. it was a dome, it wasnt special, just like any old dome. no real advantage. yet between mariners games and seahawks games the noise could be very loud there. why? a mass of passionate fans, something miami will probably never have.

we up here feel loyal to our team. perhaps a reason is because we are more isolated from other sports teams and we dont get 1/100th of national media coverage as the average. we feel the hawks are "our" team. its been cool to watch the rise of the seahawks this last decade as a relevant team. the 12s have a lot to do with this, in all honesty.

the clink may have been built with acoustics in mind, sure. paul allen is on record of saying this. but it a VERY SMALL piece of the pie. all it does is keep sound in the building. the sound is already being generated by the fans, in a precise, practical way. something other franchises have to try to imbue upon there fanbases. youtube "rams rules"', for example

look at the sounders. we have the strongest fanbase in the mls. look at when the mariners ownership cares about winning, mariners sell out game after game. same with the sonics when they were here. when it comes to professional sports, out of all the states, washington state fans are the most passionate sports fans in the whole country, its not even close. the support we have is 2nd to none. especially above the fairweather 49er and miami fans.

u think that if the fans of the phins started to show up in mass to games, and eventually requested stadium improvements to make the stadium more engaging, the ownership would say no? you know what, firstly, show up, make noise, and do it consistently. do your part. if u cant do that, then youre just blowing hot air out of jealousy here

and btw, it not just noise, its energy we generate. go to a game at the clink, and youll know. heck, go to seattle and surrounding area on gameday, and youll know. im sure if i went to miami on gameday, well i probably couldnt even tell if there was a game about to start.

hopefully this sheds some ignorance heeheehee :p

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1l3scemn said:
The kingdome and the link have things in common, one was a dome where the stands were close and the link is very close, to the field, these are facts and are essential..

In terms of the Super Bowl, that's a result from your culture understanding how to perform and feeding on your reputation..

These are all compliments but I'm afraid some of you are taking it personally that I'm giving a certain level of credit to the architecture..

You see I can say that because, when we were in the orange bowl, we started the whole business of impacting the game thru crowd noise, and there's much evidence to show, from both programs pro and college, as soon as we moved into the cancer that is sunlife, it all disappeared, and so did both cultures, championships, and 12th man.

It's no coincidence...now your fanbase is understanding the advantage and is learning it to a science of sorts, takin it to levels that are unprecedented , but don't get it twisted, the venue is the key element.

Seattle Fans had always been loud, they didn't wake up one season and they all decided to be loud in unison. Seahawks fan had to be loud so the East Coast bias can hear us, nobody cared about the Seahawks except the fans. It's now gotten national attention because everyone is paying attention. Fans were so loud in the kingdome the refs had to penalize the home team, but all that did was make them scream even louder. The NFL noise rules was made because of them, one of the many rules that the NFL decides to make so that the Seahawks would be affected somehow/someway.

If the key element is the venue, then how do you explain the safety in the Superbowl, which was caused by Seattle fans, in an outdoor stadium. Heck even away games, Seahawk fans were traveling and you can still hear them.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Djphinfan":829cjzmp said:
Seahawk Sailor":829cjzmp said:
Also to piggyback on what suzitnagal said, a lot of this is inherent in the atmosphere the team and organization breed. When you go to a Seahawks game, you know it's going to be loud. Loudness is one of the KEY ingredients that is oft mentioned and oft hyped about the game. You expect to yell your ass off the whole time we're on defense. You expect to lose your voice and not get it back until the next Thursday. It's ingrained into the culture of being a Twelve and a 'Hawks fan.

When you go to watch the Dolphins, at least from what I've seen, you go for a party atmosphere. I've seen a lot of work put into that organization by Jimmy Buffett and his gang that have turned it into more of a parrothead festival than a chance to bellow your support onto the field. I love Buffett's music, but that's no atmosphere for a winning football team. Until that changes, you will continue to have those questions.
Your missing my point, you have to have the foundation to set and develop the culture of a true 12 the man , the venue is that foundation, if you have a venue where the stands are literally too far away from the field there is no connection, the advantage will never be able to grow.

The venue has to be built a certain way to achieve what it is you have..

Apparently you missed my point. We're far more than a 100% perfectly constructed noise funnel and a great team.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i feel like chiming in on this...

just two questions

1 - is the noise rule still hidden somewhere in the NFL rules ?

2 - what would be the outcome IF that rule was still in effect and some zebra flagged the 12th man for the noise ??

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":jtf3kaj1 said:
Djphinfan":jtf3kaj1 said:

wow this guy lmao :th2thumbs: u obviously have no clue. u just want to keep going back to stadium acoustics and u just sound desperate trying to dismiss our fanbase.

the 12thman has existed way before the clink. although i have fond memories of games in the kingdom as a kid, by NO means was the kingdome a top venue. if it was, its only because we the fans made it so. it was a dome, it wasnt special, just like any old dome. no real advantage. yet between mariners games and seahawks games the noise could be very loud there. why? a mass of passionate fans, something miami will probably never have.

we up here feel loyal to our team. perhaps a reason is because we are more isolated from other sports teams and we dont get 1/100th of national media coverage as the average. we feel the hawks are "our" team. its been cool to watch the rise of the seahawks this last decade as a relevant team. the 12s have a lot to do with this, in all honesty.

the clink may have been built with acoustics in mind, sure. paul allen is on record of saying this. but it a VERY SMALL piece of the pie. all it does is keep sound in the building. the sound is already being generated by the fans, in a precise, practical way. something other franchises have to try to imbue upon there fanbases. youtube "rams rules"', for example

look at the sounders. we have the strongest fanbase in the mls. look at when the mariners ownership cares about winning, mariners sell out game after game. same with the sonics when they were here. when it comes to professional sports, out of all the states, washington state fans are the most passionate sports fans in the whole country, its not even close. the support we have is 2nd to none. especially above the fairweather 49er and miami fans.

u think that if the fans of the phins started to show up in mass to games, and eventually requested stadium improvements to make the stadium more engaging, the ownership would say no? you know what, firstly, show up, make noise, and do it consistently. do your part. if u cant do that, then youre just blowing hot air out of jealousy here

and btw, it not just noise, its energy we generate. go to a game at the clink, and youll know. heck, go to seattle and surrounding area on gameday, and youll know. im sure if i went to miami on gameday, well i probably couldnt even tell if there was a game about to start.

I have more than a clue, you don't seem to have one because it's obvious you refuse to acknowledge that your building is a weapon, that's right, a weapon...I did not say anything about your past, I'm well aware of the kingdome..

That being said, your fanbase should be commended for taking it to unprecedented levels of performance..

It's funny how fans get, your jealous that I'm giving credit to your building instead of all the credit to you.

You don't need to be insecure because the venue is the most important part of any 12 the man advantage..quite frankly, if it wasn't for the weapon that is the link, it wouldn't be at the level it is today..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2k8qndjp said:
seatownlowdown":2k8qndjp said:
Djphinfan":2k8qndjp said:

I have more than a clue, you don't seem to have one because it's obvious you refuse to acknowledge that your building is a weapon, that's right, a weapon...I did not say anything about your past, I'm well aware of the kingdome..

That being said, your fanbase should be commended for taking it to unprecedented levels of performance..

It's funny how fans get, your jealous that I'm giving credit to your building instead of all the credit to you.

You don't need to be insecure because the venue is the most important part of any 12 the man advantage..quite frankly, if it wasn't for the weapon that is the link, it wouldn't be at the level it is today..
As usual you have it reversed sir. I live in KCMO and they still don't get it deep down.They will though very soon.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2cycezkf said:
Djphinfan":2cycezkf said:
seatownlowdown":2cycezkf said:
Djphinfan":2cycezkf said:

As usual you have it reversed sir. I live in KCMO and they still don't get it deep down.They will though very soon.

Your lost dude..here let me try and teach you...sound level matters..the venue matters, be grateful that you have a venue that can be used like a weapon..most other teams venues do not have such..ours is the antithesis of yours..a reverse effect of sorts.

Do some research on the orange bowl...you don't see me sitting here giving the credit for 56 game winning streaks to the fans, or the reason why they instituted the noise rule was because our fanbase was so awesome, it was all about how that venue was built right on top of the field, just simple logistics relative to noise levels..Any fanbase would of stood and screamed, the venue demanded you to be engaged..so does the link..

For the rest of the seahawk fans, you have taken the performance of a fanbase and made it relevant towards the game, you and the venue combined are a true star, it's an awesome feeling, good luck on your season, Wilson is an elite Qb, and I've worn out my welcome..peace..

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal not a Dude, thats the first part you don't get, second obviously comprehension isn't your strong suit, we have posted the history here going back to the early 1900's about this areas fan base in different venues. We are passionate and loud in our support in both Football and Basketball, Sonics and Huskies.

Crying that you have a bunch of retirees that don't want to scream and stand during a game isn't our problem, sorry that you lost your streak and happened to be to our College team but it would seem that their are some wounds that will not heal.

Latest posts