A little reflection what if?

KinesProf

Reaction score
xray":3teoicav said:
What if there is no interesting topics to discuss in here after the SB for several weeks ? Yawn

No one forced you to read this thread.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1lko7xiq said:
What if Ken Behring had an I.Q bigger than his waist line.

IMO this would have been a bad thing.

Behring being stupid and trying to move the Hawks to California without the permission was what facilitated the league forcing him to sell to Allen.

So thank baby Jesus for Behring being an idiot of biblical proportions and having his team force sold to Allen. Or else we might have had another 20 years of him bungling drafts (telling the GM to draft Dan McGuire instead of Brett Favre) and mismanaging the Hawks into the laughing stock of the NFL never recovering.

evergreen

Reaction score
What if Bennett hadn't gone offsides giving NE the room to kneel down? What if we stuffed the obvious QB sneak? But I'm sure Beleicheat told Brady that under no circumstance would they ever hike the ball giving Michael all the time needed to go off sides.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Another play that haunts me from that Super Bowl is the 3rd and more than 10 that the Pats converted on their 2nd last TD drive with the pass to Edelman. Make a stop there and again, who knows, good chance they don't get a chance for 2 scores.

Not a what if, but how funny is it that Pete who gets crushed by the analytic fans and those who prefer aggressive football made an unusual aggressive call for him by going for the TD at the end of the first half vs settling for the FG. And it worked. He does have it in him, just need him to unleash it more often.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
olyfan63":3giut0mk said:
austinslater25":3giut0mk said:
HawkRiderFan":3giut0mk said:
What if Kearse hangs on to that third down corner route in the third quarter or the D gets the stop on third and long in the 4th where Brady finds Edelman. That Super Bowl is over earlier and that famous pick never happens.

I think about the 3rd down drop more than I think about the int at the goal line. That catch seals the game if its made.

IIRC, the NE player got just enough of a hand in to make the catch exceedingly difficult for Kearse. I felt the same way as everyone else, that it was a game-losing drop by Kearse, but then I saw a video breakdown that showed the NE DB actually broke up the catch. Subtle but effective. If you go watch it again, and are sure I'm wrong, please post a link to the video showing it was a clear unforced drop.
In NFL rules, that play is called a pass broken up. Technically, in slow motion, Butler batted Kearse's right forearm just before the ball got there, but in real time, it is described as a PBU by rule.

This was the dumbest discussion then and it still is. It's just a way to pass blame and avoid real issues with the rest of the game, particularly the end and ALL parties that played a part. It's diversion, plain and simple.

chris98251

Reaction score
When you guys are bored do you take a knife and cut open old scars also ?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1fqzrcb0 said:
What if Les didn't die?...This place would still have friends within it's members?

Lots of us here are friends, but yeah all of us who knew Les miss him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
chris98251":2d9ld2l7 said:
When you guys are bored do you take a knife and cut open old scars also ?

I find then squeezing a little lemon juice into the wound adds to the fun

BASF

Reaction score
What if Warner doesn't blow his knee out in game one? I believe we win our first Super Bowl that year.

What if Tom Rouen hadn't shanked a few punts giving Green Bay a few short field scores? We probably would have lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl, but we would have beaten the Eagles and Panthers.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The only thing more pointless than "what if" is "remember when."

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
What if Wilson's pass falls incomplete and Marshawn runs the next play in for the GW TD. Would we have won another SB since then? I think so.

Nunya

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1cmkgqme said:
The only thing more pointless than "what if" is "remember when."

Remember when the Pepperidge Farm meme first hit the internet? What if that meme was never created, would we have "Remember when" threads?

Latest posts