A Significant Development Towards the End of the Season

bighawk

Reaction score
I think that a lot of players are still holding grudges over super bowl 49 over the playcalling. The team is still fractured over the loss.

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
StoneCold":3b98di3q said:
sondevil89":3b98di3q said:
I think everyone here noticed the dissatisfaction among players in game situations and in their comments after games. If I'm not mistaken, this hasn't been seen much before in this current edition of the team. Obviously, that could just be a reaction to bad losses, but it feels like much more. It has been discussed on this board amid the endless speculation that occurs on fan boards but it sure would be interesting to know the depth of it and where it is directed.

Sherman clearly directed comments at the play calling and it has been suspected that Graham and others may have too, but there is also a narrative being formed around dissatisfaction w/Richards as well. It could be said that it is mainly limited to a couple of players, but that would seem to be predictable with only the players most secure in their status feeling empowered enough to do so.

At the risk of unleashing another round of speculation, I wonder if we will ever know the true depth of the players perception re: the direction of the organization.

Really? Other than Richard are their any other documented examples?

Examples of what? It was Kam's interview that got me thinking about this and I did say "it sure would be interesting to know the depth of it and where it is directed." meaning that it is impossible to know for sure but clearly something is going on.

StoneCold

Reaction score
sondevil89":3ii2i1tz said:
StoneCold":3ii2i1tz said:
sondevil89":3ii2i1tz said:
I think everyone here noticed the dissatisfaction among players in game situations and in their comments after games. If I'm not mistaken, this hasn't been seen much before in this current edition of the team. Obviously, that could just be a reaction to bad losses, but it feels like much more. It has been discussed on this board amid the endless speculation that occurs on fan boards but it sure would be interesting to know the depth of it and where it is directed.

Sherman clearly directed comments at the play calling and it has been suspected that Graham and others may have too, but there is also a narrative being formed around dissatisfaction w/Richards as well. It could be said that it is mainly limited to a couple of players, but that would seem to be predictable with only the players most secure in their status feeling empowered enough to do so.

At the risk of unleashing another round of speculation, I wonder if we will ever know the true depth of the players perception re: the direction of the organization.

Examples of what? It was Kam's interview that got me thinking about this and I did say "it sure would be interesting to know the depth of it and where it is directed." meaning that it is impossible to know for sure but clearly something is going on.

I haven't seen Kam's interview. I was looking for other examples of the kind of dissatisfaction that Richard displayed and that you're asking if it's a problem, no?

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
bighawk":1fbs36if said:
I think that a lot of players are still holding grudges over super bowl 49 over the playcalling. The team is still fractured over the loss.

It's interesting how this has just resurfaced in the last couple of weeks. I thought it was gone for the most part but even PC acknowledged that it is right there simmering under the surface.

Is this going to be like the Stealer's SB where you have to win a SB before it can be exorcised?

Seymour

Reaction score
sondevil89":ie574v0e said:
StoneCold":ie574v0e said:
sondevil89":ie574v0e said:

+1
Kams post game interview was pretty damn obvious there is division and players not on the same page in the locker room.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Not at all the way it came across to me. What he mostly said was that players need to look in the mirror and hold themselves to account instead of or before pointing at anything else.

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
StoneCold":g1x37yea said:
sondevil89":g1x37yea said:
StoneCold":g1x37yea said:
sondevil89":g1x37yea said:

I haven't seen Kam's interview. I was looking for other examples of the kind of dissatisfaction that Richard displayed and that you're asking if it's a problem, no?

Yeah, basically gauging what others are thinking and seeing if there is any other info out there. I get the sense that there is discontent but I'm not sure what it all entails.

Seymour

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":29s2afew said:
^ Not at all the way it came across to me. What he mostly said was that players need to look in the mirror and hold themselves to account instead of or before pointing at anything else.

Which means what to you? Means worry about yourself and quit pointing at someone else to me. Which is exactly what Sherman has done this year. If players are pointing fingers (other players or coaches, or even penalties), there are locker room problems IMO.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2rosgrkk said:
This is exactly how I took it too. If you read between the lines, he was essentially echoing Pete in reprimanding Sherm, saying he wasn't protecting the team with those divisive comments. Kam also wasn't pleased with the on-field shenanigans from guys like Bennett, Reed and Lane on Saturday, saying the between-the-whistle jawing and fighting depleted them of their energy and focus needed for the actual plays.

But this isn't locker room division. It's veteran leadership.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":xvxkq3u4 said:
Anyone have a link to Kam's Atlanta inteview?

It is hard to find since it was the Fox 13 interview not the post game presser. Here is just a small part of it. There is more that to me showed some internal struggles and lack of proper focus going on this year.

In a postgame interview with Q13 Fox, Chancellor said Seattle's offense played well enough to win but called out his defensive teammates for misplacing their energy during the contest.

"One thing I told the defense is that every game that we argue, every game where on the field it was a bunch of arguing, trying to fight the other team, we lost," Chancellor told Q13's Ian Furness. "I told them that humility sets in. You've got to remain poised. You've got to remain humble throughout all the battle."

Chancellor didn't name names, but defensive end Michael Bennett, who suffered a serious knee injury in the teams' first matchup with Atlanta after Falcons tackle Jake Matthews hit him with a low block, was involved in a number of dustups after plays.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...Kam-Chancellor-calls-out-lack-of-10858486.php

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
Seymour":130t6wko said:
StoneCold":130t6wko said:
Anyone have a link to Kam's Atlanta inteview?

It is hard to find since it was the Fox 13 interview not the post game presser. Here is just a small part of it. There is more that to me showed some internal struggles and lack of proper focus going on this year.

In a postgame interview with Q13 Fox, Chancellor said Seattle's offense played well enough to win but called out his defensive teammates for misplacing their energy during the contest.

"One thing I told the defense is that every game that we argue, every game where on the field it was a bunch of arguing, trying to fight the other team, we lost," Chancellor told Q13's Ian Furness. "I told them that humility sets in. You've got to remain poised. You've got to remain humble throughout all the battle."

Chancellor didn't name names, but defensive end Michael Bennett, who suffered a serious knee injury in the teams' first matchup with Atlanta after Falcons tackle Jake Matthews hit him with a low block, was involved in a number of dustups after plays.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...Kam-Chancellor-calls-out-lack-of-10858486.php

This article makes it sound like they were just arguing with the other team but when I saw the video interview I got the impression that they were arguing with each other and it was part of something ongoing.

Seymour

Reaction score
sondevil89":3vgxromh said:
This article makes it sound like they were just arguing with the other team but when I saw the video interview I got the impression that they were arguing with each other and it was part of something ongoing.

I was left with the exact same impression. To a total homer, they could blow it off, but he used terms like "get back to the brotherhood" that clearly is NOT talking about the other team and fighting with them. Plus he kinda goes back and forth. Depending on your view of the state of the team, you can read what you want from the interview more than likely.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2kvl89fp said:
LeftHandSmoke":2kvl89fp said:
This is exactly how I took it too. If you read between the lines, he was essentially echoing Pete in reprimanding Sherm, saying he wasn't protecting the team with those divisive comments. Kam also wasn't pleased with the on-field shenanigans from guys like Bennett, Reed and Lane on Saturday, saying the between-the-whistle jawing and fighting depleted them of their energy and focus needed for the actual plays.

But this isn't locker room division. It's veteran leadership.
Exactly. It's veteran leadership.

bighawk

Reaction score
I think most of the players hear to Kam but may have an issue listening to him when he held out for selfish reasons so they should have an open forum where everyone can express how they feel get it all out then make moves to fix it and to do whatever is necessary to resolve it if means cutting , trading and or focusing there frustrations on the opponent and not each other. :stirthepot: :rumble:

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":1lzsnnfe said:
This forum is full of a bunch of whining speculators that think they know things or are simply spouting off because they can.

It's just a game, and you guys act like everything in the world revolves around it, microanylizing ever nuance of everything.

Quite humorous and mildly entertaining.

Lol. And yet here you are commenting.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have at least one thread around here w/o negativity.

However, there were more 'incidents' that were unfortunate and not helpful to team chemistry this past season. Pete needs to have scream heart to heart meetings with each of the 'offenders' to get themback on script.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
nash72":2vc5v6mf said:
Largent80":2vc5v6mf said:
This forum is full of a bunch of whining speculators that think they know things or are simply spouting off because they can.

It's just a game, and you guys act like everything in the world revolves around it, microanylizing ever nuance of everything.

Lol. And yet here you are commenting.

Passion is a horrible thing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Passion is great. Acting like a jack wagon after every loss is getting old. They just look like a bunch of poor sports who can't show some restraint after a loss. Yet they pump their chests out after wins.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":36ta07gj said:
Say what you want but the facts are, not a single person knows except the players.

:lol: brutal reality..