Aaron Rodgers Just Carted Off of the Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1l4v0ruo said:
If I have to see BREAKING NEWS across the bottom of the screen one more time, I'm going to have to put some painters tape across the screen.

Haha..i was thinking the same. If it were Wilson you would not see that. GB needs to call Favre now to save their season

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Tony Romo will get a call tonight ... the chance he has been waiting for ...
Huntley is just not experienced enough ... or maybe they call CK7? He is from WI ...
Will be interesting how this thing plays out.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3e9xlxxj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/919673277538295808[/tweet]
Yeah.. until he's not!

I agree with joeseahawks. Romo may be getting a call.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was forced to retire due to back and a broken collar bone if I recall, not the quickest release used a great line most of his career and when it wasn't he went to IR. They may call but it would be a tough decision to pull the plug on his broadcasting now since he is already in the rotation and proving successful.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1ij1qw1k said:
Huntley is just not experienced enough ... or maybe they call CK7? He is from WI ...

Honest question. Does Romo possess the mobility necessary to survive behind that line?

With 12 million in cap space, they could absorb the 8.75 million it would cost for the remaining 10 games of the season

No way could they afford next year's 19.5 base salary.

Unless he is willing to come out of retirement for just the rest of the season, or somehow restructure, I don't see it happening.

Seems Kaepernick, with his mobility, might be a good option, although he has been post-season kryptonite for Green Bay in the past.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well there is always Brett Farve :)

Or

T Jack based on some .NET expert opinion he is still a starter in the league and just needs a chance.

Really would like to see Green Bay give Kaep a legitimate shot in all seriousness.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
From what I remember of Green Bay fans, seems Kaepernick might not be as controversial there as he might be with other teams.

Being said, I'm not sure McCarthy has the personality to keep Kaepernick focused on football if focus becomes a problem.

chris98251

Reaction score
bigskydoc":v1l7qihi said:
From what I remember of Green Bay fans, seems Kaepernick might not be as controversial there as he might be with other teams.

Being said, I'm not sure McCarthy has the personality to keep Kaepernick focused on football if focus becomes a problem.

It would be perfect, first it's not a spotlight market other then football, second after all the hoopla and hand wringing with Kaep he had said he would stand for the anthem when he came back. IF big in the if department he really wants to play he will be very focused for this season proving he can both play and not be a distraction.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Kaepernick reportedly has hired an attorney, and it appeared Sunday that he would pursue the collusion claim independently from the NFL Players Association.

According to the person familiar with the case, the grievance already has been filed and Kaepernick technically can hire his own legal representation apart from the NFLPA.

Kaepernick’s claim is that owners have violated the collective bargaining agreement, which prohibits teams from acting in concert to make decisions about a player’s employment or contract status.

“No Club, its employees or agents shall enter into any agreement, express or implied, with the NFL or any other Club, its employees or agents to restrict or limit individual Club decision-making,” the CBA says, adding that applies to “whether to negotiate or not to negotiate with any player” and “whether to offer or not to offer a Player Contract to any player,” among other things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo ... ab3fa2eadd

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Just give Kaep a job. He beat Rodgers twice in the post season 2 years in a row.
He grew up in WI. He has been keeping in shape.
All this crap would end, if they could just give him a job he deserves, based on his skills alone.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Thought I heard florio say Eli manning could be traded to gb...no doubt the giants want to finish last

PackerNation

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3khbn6jj said:
Vikings on top of Division if they win today so....

Honestly if Rodgers is out for the year Vikings should take this division in a cakewalk...i mean they are allready playing with third string QB and 2nd string RB...not like one injury to QB will derail season, and actually both Bradford and Teddy will prob be back later this year

This.

Green Bay had injuries going into the game and a whole bunch more during the game. The Vikings, with that defense, have a golden opportunity to walk away with it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the important question here is, was he still "shooting the pistols" while leaving the field? I'm certainly not crying. (That doesn't mean I wished the injury on him, whiny Packers fans, so don't get all accusatory about my 'class.')

BjnUHHxCQAAajsK

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Until today it was likely the road to the Super Bowl had to go through Green Bay. Now not so much.

SlickRick

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":1uv133fr said:
Until today it was likely the road to the Super Bowl had to go through Green Bay. Now not so much.

Exactly .....

replicant

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ywew84o said:
Thought I heard florio say Eli manning could be traded to gb...no doubt the giants want to finish last

Suck for Sam?
USC’s Sam Darnold

ptisme

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2goog8p7 said:
Romo isn't going to get into that shit show.. The entire friggin team is injured and both Tackles are out.. Rodgers is a one man show up there and it's a wonder he last that long with how he's been getting smashed to the turf every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.