Aaron Rodgers press conference

HawkFan72

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":eajjkx49 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":eajjkx49 said:
Green Bay wants this game in the worst way.

I don't see the Seahawks winning especially right now with all their problems.

All their problems? We've played one game that means anything. One.

Well, true. But it's not like those problems weren't evident before the season started. We've been talking about these same problems with the roster for most of the offseason. It's not wrong to have doubts about this game because Seattle does have weaknesses and right now they have not shown they have been fixed.

ptisme

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1xlymeiw said:
ptisme":1xlymeiw said:
SoulfishHawk":1xlymeiw said:
Rodgers does seem like a very smug, spoiled dewsh. One hell of a football player, but just comes off as an arrogant baby a lot of times.
He's a great guy and has done a ton of great stuff for Charity.... Here's a side of him you don't know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtrs5Zsad-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVnMB8LFgo

Charitable people can be smug and arrogant as well. Those qualities aren't mutually exclusive.
Seahawks fans are known to be smug and arrogant as well... Though not so much this week....

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3blcw4yn said:
Imagine how media is going to react if we win in GB.

Headline would read, "Seahawks lucky in Lambeau, Rodgers had menstrual cramps".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I didn't hear arrogant, I just head a guy who's done a million of these and doesn't really want to be there. Thus the monotone boring cliche'd answers.

He paid Sherm some nice compliments, so not sure what the stink is about.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ptisme":1q8el51z said:
Don't let Rodger's fool you.. He's one of the most competitive people I've ever seen. He wants this game as bad as anyone could ever want something. I would also say this: The Packers need to win this MUCH more than Seattle. It wouldn't be ideal for Seattle to start 0-2 but they have a lot of home games and could make that ground up. If Seattle comes into Lambeau and wins, that would be devastating to GB who's mantra has always been: "Can't wait to get you at Lambeau"....

Not to mention, at some point some doubt has to creep inside their head if they lose on Sunday. The Patriots have done this for years to their rivals.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3dc94yqd said:
ptisme":3dc94yqd said:
Don't let Rodger's fool you.. He's one of the most competitive people I've ever seen. He wants this game as bad as anyone could ever want something. I would also say this: The Packers need to win this MUCH more than Seattle. It wouldn't be ideal for Seattle to start 0-2 but they have a lot of home games and could make that ground up. If Seattle comes into Lambeau and wins, that would be devastating to GB who's mantra has always been: "Can't wait to get you at Lambeau"....

Not to mention, at some point some doubt has to creep inside their head if they lose on Sunday. The Patriots have done this for years to their rivals.
I agree... But I think the Packers feel they are equal to Seattle despite 0-4... I think GB feels they could be 3-1 if those games were up here... But if they finally get Seattle here and lose... Not good.... I actually think the niners of a few years ago had the Packers number more so than the Seahawks. The niners actually came here twice and beat them..

ptisme

Reaction score
quote]

I'm still plenty smug and arrogant. Seahawks are 100% going to win this week. Packers have no shot, even at home. Your defense is trash and we have Rodgers' number. Your best hope is for that effeminate blonde fairy Clay Matthews to land one of his trademark late/dirty hits on Russell to try to knock him out of the game early. Which I'm sure you'd be happy with.

Packers ain't winning shit this season
.[/quote]

Thanks for chiming in.... If someone had come on trying to deny being smug and arrogant I was going to go dredge up some of your posts.... But you saved me the time....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ztzxlpc said:
You don't believe the Seahawks have problems?

How many teams came out in Week 1 looking flawless?

They can't find rhythm to their offense. The offensive line must improve immediately and substantially if Wilson is gonna start slinging the ball.

Down 24-13, they started to get into a groove. Even in OT they were moving the ball. The Rams DL is no joke.. they're going to make plenty of OL's look foolish. They made a great play on 4th and 1 when they had to. It happens.

The defense gave up over 30 points to an offense let by Nick Foles and a third string running back.

Not to say the defense played great, because they didn't. They tackled horribly and gave up too many big plays (particularly on 3rd and long). But Austin housed a punt, Russ threw a pick that setup the Rams inside their own 35, and Hauschka's kick was like a Tiger Woods chip shot.. that alone gave them 13 of their 34 points. So even in one of the poorest showings in the last 4 years of this defense.. without Kam Chancellor.. they realistically gave up 21 points. Not to mention they won the turnover battle. If Dion Bailey doesn't trip and fall, we're probably having a slightly different conversation right now.

Special teams gives up big plays.

Lockett and Austin cancelled each other out. The only other screw up was the Hauschka kick in OT.

Bad calls by the coaches. Coaches aren't responsible for playing but they are responsible for putting players in the best position to succeed.

What bad calls? The 4th and 1 R/O call was the right one. They got exactly what they wanted, and had Britt not been pancaked .. Lynch gets that yard and then some. Players didn't execute.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":2p2zg8oa said:
Thanks for chiming in.... If someone had come on trying to deny being smug and arrogant I was going to go dredge up some of your posts.... But you saved me the time....

Of course you were. It's why you're here right now, to poke enough people with a stick that if your team wins you can get a reaction afterward.

Best of luck with that. I'm sure you'll find a few.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1aw508fc said:
How many teams came out in Week 1 looking flawless?

Exactly. Wasn't GB only up by 1 point going into the 4th quarter against the Bears?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Charitable people can be smug and arrogant as well. Those qualities aren't mutually exclusive.
Seahawks fans are known to be smug and arrogant as well... Though not so much this week....[/quote]

I'm still plenty smug and arrogant. Seahawks are 100% going to win this week. Packers have no shot, even at home. Your defense is trash and we have Rodgers' number. Your best hope is for that effeminate blonde fairy Clay Matthews to land one of his trademark late/dirty hits on Russell to try to knock him out of the game early. Which I'm sure you'd be happy with.

Packers ain't winning shit this season.[/quote]

Booyah ! Get some, Peaches.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2cu509qk said:
Green Bay has plenty of issues too. Don't let the win vs the Bears fool you, this Packers squad is vulnerable. THey will not stop the run without selling out to do so.

I just think that our weaknesses in coverage are so pronounced, and Rodgers, being the most lethal passer of all time currently, will butcher them. The Packers have weaknesses too, but there's nothing the Seahawks can attack the Packers on that will compare to how Rodgers will slaughter our pass D. Especially since Rodgers is pissed and certain to be merciless. I would expect the Packers to keep passing even when up multiple TDs.

Last week, the Bears ran on the Packers for 200 and still lost by 8 while playing in Chicago. I think if this game goes as scripted Seattle is in big trouble. They will need this to be a 'weird' game with unexpected outcomes to win, IMO.

Sac

Reaction score
kearly":13cearex said:
Scottemojo":13cearex said:
Green Bay has plenty of issues too. Don't let the win vs the Bears fool you, this Packers squad is vulnerable. THey will not stop the run without selling out to do so.

I just think that our weaknesses in coverage are so pronounced, and Rodgers, being the most lethal passer of all time currently, will butcher them. The Packers have weaknesses too, but there's nothing the Seahawks can attack the Packers on that will compare to how Rodgers will slaughter our pass D. Especially since Rodgers is pissed and certain to be merciless. I would expect the Packers to keep passing even when up multiple TDs.

Last week, the Bears ran on the Packers for 200 and still lost by 8 while playing in Chicago. I think if this game goes as scripted Seattle is in big trouble. They will need this to be a 'weird' game with unexpected outcomes to win, IMO.
So I should Start Davante Adams?

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15m397on said:

Yes I agree , both teams have there Faults but with all the attention the Hawks are getting in the Media this week , this could back fire to the Packers if they are not careful, I think it is going to be close , but I have a gut feeling that Seattle will pull it out.

OP
OP
J

jonkchar

Reaction score
To the person who said that Rodgers complimented Sherman. I think of course he does. They're about to play a game. If you're the quarterback, you don't give the opposing D ammunition before a game. Remember that after week 1 last season, Sherman went up to Rodgers and said "you avoided me, didn't you?" Rodgers said "YUP." Then immediately turned around and walked away. I can't remember, didn't he walk off the field after the NFC Championship? These guys don't like us.
Respect to the fans, let's have a good game, but believe me if we are able to win the game, I'm going to enjoy it. I'm sure it will be likewise for Green Bay fans if the ball bounces the other way

MysterMatt

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":24x8sbzq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":24x8sbzq said:
Green Bay wants this game in the worst way.

I don't see the Seahawks winning especially right now with all their problems.

All their problems? We've played one game that means anything. One.
You have matured and make a lot of sensible posts. Well done!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's all kind of silly. Aaron Rodgers is the man. I'm glad we have Russ, but I would love to have Aaron as my QB.

Latest posts