According to PFF, Ifedi's was worst pick of day 1

CPHawk

Reaction score
Who is PFF though? A bunch of guys who played flag football and decided to start a web site?

nrayorr

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1vlef3az said:
Hmm..

Don't see how this can be worse than the Niners trading back into the 1st round, giving up 3 picks, for a player that probably would have been there when they picked in the 2nd.

:13: This...

I was like, "What??? Go ahead and waste picks on someone that could have been there mid 2nd round."

Of course people said the same thing when we drafted Carpenter.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":271cs700 said:
Hmm..

Don't see how this can be worse than the Niners trading back into the 1st round, giving up 3 picks, for a player that probably would have been there when they picked in the 2nd.

When your team has 12 picks, do you just stand back and take chances?

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":2mxkstk0 said:
Hawk_Nation":2mxkstk0 said:
Hmm..

NO WAY! You put a name of a player expected to be picked in the third round and then you trade up into the end of the first round to get that player and claim him to be the guy you wanted all along. Did Baalke have his name in an envelope this year?

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":3qhzmn2z said:
Hawk_Nation":3qhzmn2z said:
Hmm..

I love Garnett, and while I think it's a reach, he's a darn good player and its gonna suck facing him.

But PFF is notoriously bad on oline.

Yea, well it's not really looking at the 1st round grades, but looking at Garnett and then looking at Rubin and Reed, I'm not really sure he's going to have much of an impact against us. I think Reed is going to turn some heads this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pete will always be afoul of PFF. He drafts on unique skills and talents. PFF grades college players who work summer jobs and often have idiot coaches with a system they designed for pros. Kids, while physically imposing, but not yet even fully developed mentally, do not deserve that kind of analysis.

Is Ifedi a good pick? I don't know. But I do know he was a road grader playing on a not road grading team.

Keep in mind, while digesting a PFF grade, Pete and Cable have chosen players for their offense who only played defense in college. Pete drafts players that PFF can not even grade for what he wants to do with them, they have no snaps at the position, which is the basis of their grading scale. Why would he, or any of us, give a shit what they say about a college player?

What is PFF's 2014 grade on Prosise at RB? Oh, he wasn't one in 2014? What is their 2014 OL grade on Sokoli? Oh, he wasn't one? What would their grade be on Irvin's final college season at DE? (he played in a 3 man front, the grade would not matter) Or Irvin at LB? They don't have a grade for that?

Applying PFF scores to College players is just stupid. Unless of course, their college coach gets hired the same year by their new pro team and imports his entire scheme with them not changing roles at all.

Rant over.

kearly

Reaction score
What PFF tries do to is honorable. But their inability to accept the flaws and limitations of their process has them often coming across like this:

[youtube]TMTkedIUX8U[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I figure this means he'll be first team All Pro and a HoF lock. Seriously most these guys (bloggers and media types fall in love with their own hype just like movie critics). My advice? Believe the opposite, it works far more than you'd think possible.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":33ykhnfw said:
He was likely the least talented player taken.
And in all farness, that's all they can go with at this point. Somehow I think he will prove them wrong with technique, and intangibles such as work ethic. He also brings leadership to the table, which can easily make the whole greater than the some of its parts.

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CPHawk":10671tn8 said:
Who is PFF though? A bunch of guys who played flag football and decided to start a web site?
They have more of a soccer background. They are OK to draw raw data from to make your own determination.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rideaducati":3k7fiumm said:
NINEster":3k7fiumm said:
Hawk_Nation":3k7fiumm said:
Hmm..

NO WAY! You put a name of a player expected to be picked in the third round and then you trade up into the end of the first round to get that player and claim him to be the guy you wanted all along. Did Baalke have his name in an envelope this year?
They traded DOWN to get Ifedi. Jeez Louise!

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1o8k9gt0 said:
rideaducati":1o8k9gt0 said:
NINEster":1o8k9gt0 said:
Hawk_Nation":1o8k9gt0 said:
Hmm..

They traded DOWN to get Ifedi. Jeez Louise!

And the niners traded UP to get Garnett...which was who my post was referring.

Latest posts