After the Pete Carroll Era

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seymour":1dl32lom said:
Newsflash!

That "slow decline" started in 2015 and we are in year 3.

Carroll and crew likely will be gone within 2 years IMO. Where do we go from there? anywhere that is the fastest way from Cable and Bevell. In Paul we must trust.

I kinda agree with this, we don't notice it when were in it. Long odds to win the super bowl this year though. Hopefully Pete can squeeze another championship out.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete decides not to renew next year. I really think he wants to win another SB. But I think even he sees the window closing. Not just with the team. But I think the fire is starting to diminish within him as well. I think he knows this.

I have no idea who replaces him. Too early to tell really. But I hope JS stays on and him and PA decide together who will be the best fit when the time comes.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see Nick Saban take over and give the Pro game one more go. At Miami he never got his QB situation settled. Saban with an established NFL QB would be interesting to see.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The best way to get the most out of this team's talent

Attachments

• 635919421893971021-2016-02-24-Jim-Harbaugh-800x601.jpg
    635919421893971021-2016-02-24-Jim-Harbaugh-800x601.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,761

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ts6bmua said:

You are forgetting something. We have Sherman and Baldwin who do not like the guy. That and he choose Kaep over Smith is a bit telling about his eye for an offense.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seymour":2rp9ppfc said:
Jerhawk":2rp9ppfc said:

You are forgetting something. We have Sherman and Baldwin who do not like the guy. That and he choose Kaep over Smith is a bit telling about his eye for an offense.

Rolling back to those years Kaep had a higher ceiling than Smith, it's amazing how things have changed since then. I don't think anyone could have predicted that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think Carroll might have one more season with us and then its drain the swamp time. I'm not sure who the next guy will be, but I'm certain it wont be Bevell or Cable.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":us43hj5z said:
I think Carroll might have one more season with us and then its drain the swamp time. I'm not sure who the next guy will be, but I'm certain it wont be Bevell or Cable.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sdog1981":2q40jk8l said:
It would be interesting to see Nick Saban take over and give the Pro game one more go. At Miami he never got his QB situation settled. Saban with an established NFL QB would be interesting to see.

I like this idea. While I didn't like the shenanigans that went on when he left Miami I admire Saban's insistence on the small intangibles of the game and holding his assistants accountable. Everyone who likes to quote how New England runs their team, well this guy is a direct descendent from the Parcells, Belichick tree.

Coupling this with JS would be very desirable. Also give JS the power of a normal GM.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":32qr1wxe said:
sdog1981":32qr1wxe said:

I like this idea. While I didn't like the shenanigans that went on when he left Miami I admire Saban's insistence on the small intangibles of the game and holding his assistants accountable. Everyone who likes to quote how New Enland runs their team, well this guy is a direct descendent from the Parcells, Belichick tree.

Coupling this with JS would be very desirable. Also give JS the power of a normal GM.

Saban would win, you know he would. I also think he would fit my idea of a coach more than Pete does, although there is nothing wrong with Pete. I just prefer more of the hard-ass guys, everything is so sissy now days. Put winning before everything else and be great.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I hope JS and Paul Allen allow Russell to give some input.
It’s a QB league and he needs confidence in the direction.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Saban is the same age as Pete, 66. Pass.

Although he might be able to pry Sark back from Atlanta and bring him as the OC. Then Sark can take over in a few years when Saban retires.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":24triffx said:
Jerhawk":24triffx said:

True. However, by the time Pete's contract expires, I'd be shocked if Sherman is still on the roster. So his path shouldn't cross with Harbaugh's.
I'm regard to Baldwin, I'd hope he'd swallow his bitterness for Harbaugh if it meant for a more productive offense, which he'd undoubtedly bring here.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":fqx55ud3 said:
Saban is the same age as Pete, 66. Pass.

Although he might be able to pry Sark back from Atlanta and bring him as the OC. Then Sark can take over in a few years when Saban retires.

Just what I want is a guy who has made the Falcons offense measurably worse and has past alcohol issues.

Rocket

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j45g9zu said:
Seymour":1j45g9zu said:
Sgt. Largent":1j45g9zu said:
Seymour":1j45g9zu said:
Newsflash!

That "slow decline" started in 2015 and we are in year 3..

I guess my definition of decline is different than yours. No team that goes 10-6 or better and wins playoff games should be considered in a "decline."

To me decline means beginning to miss the playoffs, which is entirely possible this year. So we'll see.

And to me, it is more about how well you did with the talent you had on your roster.

We have 9 or 10 pro bowlers.

We HAD 9 or 10 pro bowlers, as in past tense.

If a popularity contest where fan vote is your measuring stick for evaluating roster talent, you need to come up with a better measuring stick.
We had hungry players then. EXTREMELY talented 9 or 10 pro bowl HUNGRY players.
I think they lost some of the hunger. It's hard to be hungry living in Wilson's massive gilded cage with his EXTREMELY attractive wife and his house therapist and his house cook and... well, you know. And he's the most hungry of the Stars, he and Earl.

Hungry players speak ONLY of football; they live it, eat it and breathe it.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No matter when and how it happens, I'm fairly certain we can expect a big name to be brought in. Look who Paul has brought in as head coaches since he has owned the team. His first hire was Mike Holmgren away from Green Bay. I believe he learned from the Jim Mora fiasco and wouldn't go that direction again. So I think that would effectively rule out any current assistants. After Mora he went with Pete Carroll. It appears that he will go after anyone anywhere regardless of situation. He has the deep pockets that allows him to essentially go after anyone he wants.