After the Pete Carroll Era

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":10y08hka said:
Darrell Bevell :stirthepot:
It's possible. Although I'd like to see that after a few more Super Bowls under Pete's leadership.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
massari":zing880o said:
If the rumors are true about ESPN cutting Chucky's contract (not sure when it would be renewed), he might be back in the league sooner than later. I'd love to see him take the challenge of trying to regroup the Browns.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Chucky said on tv that he likes what he's doing.
Seems like he doesn't want to put his reputation on the line and work the long hours again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chucky works for ESPN who has been purging high dollar guys, I expect that to continue since the Network is a shadow of what it was since Disney bought them. He may see the writing on the wall that way as well.

If there was ever a situation that he could work in it would be here,

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Rocket":5ewhx7vk said:
KitsapGuy":5ewhx7vk said:
Saban is the same age as Pete, 66. Pass.
What you got against old people, Boy?

I don't want to hire another coach who's already at retirement age. I'd prefer someone who'd be around for awhile.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
My choice would be Chucky or Jimmy. Chucky will probably be somewhere else at the end of 2019. And I don't know if Jimmy would want to leave Michigan.

And as already been mentioned, I don't know about the reaction from Sherman and Baldwin if he was hired. That may or may not be an issue. But it's a few years down the line anyway.

inda2o6

Reaction score
I heard espn is firing a bunch close to the holidays. I want chucky, if he does choose to coach again. I like his qb breakdown segments during the draft. Imagine how DangerRuss our offense would be with him as our coach. He has superbowl experience and won with brad johnson as his qb.... :yawn:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
inda2o6":3nfyi0aq said:
I heard espn is firing a bunch close to the holidays. I want chucky, if he does choose to coach again. I like his qb breakdown segments during the draft. Imagine how DangerRuss our offense would be with him as our coach. He has superbowl experience and won with brad johnson as his qb.... :yawn:

I would weep tears of joy!

chris98251

Reaction score
inda2o6":184ttt2i said:

Have to wonder how he would approach things for sure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3anyx8nl said:
Seymour":3anyx8nl said:
Sgt. Largent":3anyx8nl said:
Seymour":3anyx8nl said:
Newsflash!

That "slow decline" started in 2015 and we are in year 3..

I guess my definition of decline is different than yours. No team that goes 10-6 or better and wins playoff games should be considered in a "decline."

To me decline means beginning to miss the playoffs, which is entirely possible this year. So we'll see.

And to me, it is more about how well you did with the talent you had on your roster.

We have 9 or 10 pro bowlers.

And according to the negative nancy's, that means we are on the decline! LOL.

What will you say if we win the division again, along with 11 or more games?

He'd find another reason to go full Eeyore anyways.

mrt144

Reaction score
Ya'll are nuts wanting what amounts to celebrity coach to come in. We can dig deeper, but it's not as easy as safely pointing to a guy with some modicum of charisma and success, however long ago that may be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I want a younger coach with some fire..Someone who goes both sides of the ball..How about Dabo???

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I like Gruden but he had a lot of mediocre teams at Tampa and was given a lot of leeway to get team issues fixed but never really did after his SB win.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If the timing worked out I would love Gruden to be our next HC.