Aikmen: Seahawks "worst offensive game ever"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I like Russ. He's a top 10 QB this year and has been top 5 in other years

He makes mistakes that i think fall on the coaching staff.

Still, he makes mistakes and it's fair to call them out

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3f7y63jk said:
Too many butt-hurt fans in here. He was right.
No....He WASN'T, And neither are you.
His Cowboys "Offense" sucked WORSE than RW & the Seahawks Offense. but he's trying to get everyone to focus on something other than the shit-the-bed Cowboys Offense.....Nice try Roland Aikman.

Megatron

Reaction score
GeekHawk":tez07muo said:
TwistedHusky":tez07muo said:
We almost had more penalty yards than yards.

Hate to break it to you, but not 'almost'. It actually happened. At least counting defensive penalties. (I can't find the split of offense penalty yards vs defense, because I don't know where to look.)

Look here http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/seattle-seahawks?year=2017

The split is offense 1 penalty 10 yards, defense 7 penalties for 107 yards, and special teams 3 penalties for 25 yards.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":4h87sm7y said:
I like Russ. He's a top 10 QB this year and has been top 5 in other years

He makes mistakes that i think fall on the coaching staff.

Still, he makes mistakes and it's fair to call them out

its fair to call them out I calle dout when he made a bad pass in this last game. But some hear give him no credit and blame him for evrything. Just today in this forum some have said: he cant run a normal offense(even though he has shown he can), he misses everyone, he is the reason wer cant run, he is the reason there are any sacks, etc etc. Mean while he leads the league in total yards and TDs and is the only QB in the SB era to account for over 80% of his teams total offensive yards and over 90% of his teams offensive TDs, but he is the problem, not the fact ge gas to do it to even have a chance to win, NO QB get less help but he is the problem.

sutz

Reaction score
Aikman's job is color commentary. If he says something that gets people riled up and going back and forth, then people start doing searches checking out if he was right or not. That means clicks and views and people dialing in to the TV to see how many talking heads agree or disagree.

Mission accomplished.

:snack:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle.

It’s not what they said that bugs me, it’s their style, the overall product that I hate when it come to that pair.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I always count on Aikman to be objective about any team playing the Cowboys.

cymatica

Reaction score
Megatron":14x1wy7s said:
GeekHawk":14x1wy7s said:
TwistedHusky":14x1wy7s said:
We almost had more penalty yards than yards.

Hate to break it to you, but not 'almost'. It actually happened. At least counting defensive penalties. (I can't find the split of offense penalty yards vs defense, because I don't know where to look.)

The split is offense 1 penalty 10 yards, defense 7 penalties for 107 yards, and special teams 3 penalties for 25 yards.

That makes the offense look even worse.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
My takeaway from that game would be different. It's a nonsensical comment; like criticizing a baseball team for only putting up 2 runs when the pitchers throw a shutout.
Plus some of the penalty calls were suspect on Seattle. Pass interference when the receiver has the Seahawk in a headlock for example. Gifted yards.
Dallas offense was a dud when in striking range. They aren't a very good team and the score was never in doubt.
And we had the better kicker in this one..

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
hes right AND did you notice Pete looked pissed for a large portion of the game. I think big changes are afoot.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Megatron":fdzwc78f said:

Thanks! I never heard of nflpenalties.com, but with the interwebz being how they are I should have just typed that into the search bar (knowing that someone somewhere is already ahead of it). Hard to believe we only had one accepted offensive holding penalty, or at least I assume that's what the 10 yards are about. I was taking Mom out for lunch on Christmas Eve instead of watching football.

So, 126 net yards... And there are actually people here getting butt-hurt about somebody saying the O was trash yesterday. :roll: "How dare he say anything about the turd in our punchbowl, when their punchbowl had two turds!"

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2jhh9k63 said:
He said IF we won that it would be the worst offensive performance by a team that won. That's pretty fair . We lose that game going away without those turnovers and missed kicks .

THIS is what nobody seems to understand. He did NOT say the worst offense ever. He said the worst offense ever, that he has seen for a team that WON. Different meaning here. No homerism...he spoke the truth. Maybe you have seen worse, but I have not. Not out of a team that actually won.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Some hyperbole on Aikman's part but the sentiment holds (somewhat) for the entirety of the season - and previous seasons.

The Hawks are a duct-tape team. Aging in several critical positions, unforgivably asking so much of a franchise QB while giving him far too little of al supporting cast, etc.

Someone else in here remarked their favorite player was Jimmy G. I agree Jimmy's talent upside is enormous but cannot understand how it took so long to better utilize him and why that utilization then suddenly disappears for long stretches.

Coaching staff is as tired as the defense.

I'm ready to turn the page on them and go into full-on rebuild mode.

253hawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":36q487e4 said:
Ambrose83":36q487e4 said:
He said IF we won that it would be the worst offensive performance by a team that won. That's pretty fair . We lose that game going away without those turnovers and missed kicks .

THIS is what nobody seems to understand. He did NOT say the worst offense ever. He said the worst offense ever, that he has seen for a team that WON. Different meaning here. No homerism...he spoke the truth. Maybe you have seen worse, but I have not. Not out of a team that actually won.

Apparently he never saw this game: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 080pit.htm

Houston won, 24-6. 47 yards of offense vs. 422 yards.

Capture

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks have had some really bad O games in the past and certainly worst games this year. Hyperbole. Hawks likely wouldn't have scored without the great field position afforded by the defense so that might be what he was talking about. If he was talking about how awful it is to watch the Hawk offense then he needs to go back and look at the other games this season.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
This attitude is akin to spinning out on an icy road, somehow ending up beside a curb without hitting anything, and smugly congratulating yourself on a skillful job of parallel parking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the exact same thing :roll:
This isn't the BCS, no style points for how you win. The offense was poor, everyone knows that, but when it counted, they did what they had to do.
And they Won, why is it so hard for people to enjoy winning?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
253hawk":h0ix280u said:
WmHBonney":h0ix280u said:
Ambrose83":h0ix280u said:

Apparently he never saw this game: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 080pit.htm

Houston won, 24-6. 47 yards of offense vs. 422 yards.

Good find. You get it. Looks like the difference was turnovers. Otherwise, Pitt totally dominated that game.