Aikmen: Seahawks "worst offensive game ever"

AgentDib

Reaction score
Red zone efficiency is a critical offensive metric. Going 2/2 on TDs in the red zone was huge for our offense (terrible for the Cowboys defense) and goes a long way towards winning football games even if we don't get a lot of yards. I'd be thrilled if we have even less offensive yards against the Cards provided we come away with a win. We're at the point in the season where only two things matter: injuries and outcomes.

There will be major changes to this team in the off-season however it finishes. The FO will do what they can to churn the roster with youth and improve the salary cap situation whether we miss the playoffs or win the Super bowl. If you're hoping that the season ends in a train wreck that forces Pete to fire your scapegoat of choice then you need a reality check. Pete is going to make the coaching moves he wants to in the off-season based on how he thinks his vision for the team is being executed.

sutz

Reaction score
AgentDib":xusaka5g said:
Red zone efficiency is a critical offensive metric. Going 2/2 on TDs in the red zone was huge for our offense (terrible for the Cowboys defense) and goes a long way towards winning football games even if we don't get a lot of yards. I'd be thrilled if we have even less offensive yards against the Cards provided we come away with a win. We're at the point in the season where only two things matter: injuries and outcomes.

There will be major changes to this team in the off-season however it finishes. The FO will do what they can to churn the roster with youth and improve the salary cap situation whether we miss the playoffs or win the Super bowl. If you're hoping that the season ends in a train wreck that forces Pete to fire your scapegoat of choice then you need a reality check. Pete is going to make the coaching moves he wants to in the off-season based on how he thinks his vision for the team is being executed.
And unlike so many fans, Pete and the coaches will continue to try to win every game we play. I know a lot of folks may not think so, but IMNSHO they do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3lc0xnj1 said:
Spin Doctor":3lc0xnj1 said:
He kind of has a point.

Yeah....On top his head.
IF he truly believes that, then how does he explain the Seahawks crappy Offense beating his beloved Cowboys......For as "CRAPPY" as they played, the Cowboys Offense sucked even WORSE.

I believe he said the comment at the end of the half, or beginning of the 3rd quarter.............and at that time he was right, it was a putrid offensive performance. We had more penalty yards than actual yards.

I never criticize an announcer for saying stuff like this, I love it. I wish more color guys would have an opinion. It's why I love Gruden, he has no problem calling players, coaches and teams out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, with Buck and Aikman, they sounded like they would rather use excuses for why the Cowboys lost, not give any credit to the Hawks for CREATING turnovers and taking advantage of them.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Ironically, fans on the Cowboy’s forum thought he overcompensated for his natural bias, by bad mouthing some of what their team was doing.

I thought he did as well as could be expected considering the no win situation he was in.

Unless he’s a complete hometown fan he’s going to get criticized by one side or the other.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3k9gof46 said:
Right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle.

It’s not what they said that bugs me, it’s their style, the overall product that I hate when it come to that pair.
Spot On!
I mean Aikman & Buck just so happen to get the gig on Zeke's return....HIS Cowboys LOSE, and he has to distract from the Cowboys shit-show performance......Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain LOL

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2yuglsi0 said:
RolandDeschain":2yuglsi0 said:
Too many butt-hurt fans in here. He was right.
No....He WASN'T, And neither are you.
His Cowboys "Offense" sucked WORSE than RW & the Seahawks Offense. but he's trying to get everyone to focus on something other than the shit-the-bed Cowboys Offense.....Nice try Roland Aikman.
Dude, we got lucky to get a win there. Play that game 10 times and we lose 7 out of the 10. Yes, Aikman loves his Cowboys, but that doesn't make him wrong. YOU are succumbing to the same homerism and blindness of one's beloved team you're accusing Aikman of, but you can't even see it, which is why you think you're right. Look at how many damn yards of offense we had! Jesus, that speaks for itself. Our offense scored 14 points, and 7 of those only because they were given a very short field by our defense making a big play.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We won because the Cowboys made too many mistakes.

However, the Cowboys have been making mistakes in other games as well.

So the problem is, you go to the playoffs with a game that essentially relies on the other team to make mistakes to win? You will probably lose and lose badly. Because in the playoffs teams make a lot less mistakes.

We have a depleted defense that has every excuse to be struggling. But instead it is the offense that is struggling.

Pathetic, but understandable given the utter incompetence of our offensive game-planning coaches.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fk1noum1 said:
Well, with Buck and Aikman, they sounded like they would rather use excuses for why the Cowboys lost, not give any credit to the Hawks for CREATING turnovers and taking advantage of them.
EXACTOMUNDO!!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zqqaq3x said:
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that how it used to be back when Holmgren first got here? Every win was because the 'other' team didn't do something and lost rather than what the Hawks did to win. It's so hard to keep the respect once you've earned it. It's almost like these commentators were on these 'other' teams....oh.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It WAS one of the worst offensive game plans I've ever seen in the NFL. No doubt about it.

Our offense is simply craptastic, and they have no excuses. The offense is healthy, outside of Carson. We went all-out with drafting OL for years. We picked up a ton of RBs over the last 5 years, and some of them have gone on to great success elsewhere. I could go on... The thing is, when your defense is battling with multiple HOF/pro-bowl caliber players injured, you need your offense to step up and help out. And they haven't. Because they can't.

The offensive gameplan and production against Dallas was sheer garbage, painful to watch as a fan - so I can't imagine how painful it must have been to our defensive players.

Players on our team are getting tired of our offense not helping us, but if we fans call that out then we're somehow whining or not true fans? Sorry, that's bull crap. Our offense is pure garbage, the team knows it, our fans know it, the whole NFL knows it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet they found a way to win. Which regardless of how bad it looks is what matters. It's ok, I'm sure Sunday will be a 7 point win and people will complain about it because it didn't look a certain way and/or they didn't blow them out. Or Russ had a bad throw in the 1st half, even if he leads them to a victory and plays his butt off in the 4th quarter, yet again.

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":9ffcauhd said:
This attitude is akin to spinning out on an icy road, somehow ending up beside a curb without hitting anything, and smugly congratulating yourself on a skillful job of parallel parking.

Brilliant
:{)

Ambrose83

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3offqkdx said:
Yet they found a way to win. Which regardless of how bad it looks is what matters. It's ok, I'm sure Sunday will be a 7 point win and people will complain about it because it didn't look a certain way and/or they didn't blow them out. Or Russ had a bad throw in the 1st half, even if he leads them to a victory and plays his butt off in the 4th quarter, yet again.

They did but that formula is not sustainable for success.. how can you not see that

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pmedic920":1n10t4o5 said:
GeekHawk":1n10t4o5 said:
This attitude is akin to spinning out on an icy road, somehow ending up beside a curb without hitting anything, and smugly congratulating yourself on a skillful job of parallel parking.

Brilliant
:{)
Great analogy, Geek. It hurts my soul to realize that so many Seahawks fans are too ignorant to realize this.

Latest posts