Aldon Smith Released

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1425478813232865280[/tweet]

:(

James in PA

Reaction score
Damn! I was really looking forward to this guy being on our side for once. I’m guessing the team got some info that things aren’t looking good with his battery case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's just too bad he can't keep it straight off the field. He would've really put the pass rush rotation in a nice spot.

flv

Reaction score
The Seahawks cut Terry hours before charges were filed. It's possible something is happening with Smith's legal case and the Seahawks want him off the roster before the news breaks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There has to be something more or something new to this than just that as the team had said they'd work with Smith to help him resolve his situation.

This is disappointing as I had hoped the player would stick. fortunately the team has reasonably strong depth at DE or even SOLB.

toffee

Reaction score
Oh man, was looking forward to seeing sacking QBs.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Chapow

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":z8z5wzno said:
It's just too bad he can't keep it straight off the field. He would've really put the pass rush rotation in a nice spot.

Agreed, but on the other hand, the Seahawks probably never would have been able to pick him up in the first place if he was able to keep it straight off the field.

Oh well.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It very well could be the off field stuff has caught up to him and the team got a heads up about impending suspensions. Or...the depth this year is actually pretty good and he isn't close to the player he once was. Time to give the young up and comers the playing time over a troubled aging guy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
All reports were he was looking great in camp, so this is likely non football related.
Either the hammer is about to come down from Rog, or he did something stupid off the field again.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Sounds like he violated a team rule or did something from what's going around now. Shame...... Could have helped us but not telling what his legal status would have been anyway. Their depth is good at DE so we may not suffer that much if Taylor and Robinson and Collier all play well.

Chawker

Reaction score
I sure hope that this is not due to any contract offers with unsigned player to help us maintain our salary cap position. I wish Smith the best in his future what ever it is.

Cheers

Jville

Reaction score
Per multiple sources, Smith violated the Seahawks trust in unspecified ways and his release is not directly tied to his upcoming arraignment in Louisiana for second degree battery charges. Team brass and the player did everything they could to try to address the situation, but ultimately, there wasn't a path forward for them to make things work and when Smith informed the team he wouldn't practice on Wednesday, frustrations boiled over and the team opted to cut ties with him quickly.

[urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seahawks-released-aldon-smith-due-to-breach-of-trust[/urltargetblank]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This wasnt an 'IF' it was going to happen, this was a 'WHEN' it was going to happen.

This is no surprise.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
We kick the tires on a lot of these cases. I have no issue with that whatsoever. I just wish we’d hit at a better rate. We must be batting .100 for the last 6 years.

John63

Reaction score
I guess they got wind his issues are not going to end well

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I doubt that is so. More likely he got drunk or was up to some other mischief that caused the team concern that he was not being sincere in avoiding substances.