Burns Released

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I guess the coaches liked CB 28 Kyu Kelly better for some reason.
Could be that the Hawks were trying to show case Artie Burns for a possible trade, but found zero trade partners?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
That’s crazy

I just saw they brought him up.

How does that happen.
Does he get a little more money if he’s released from team vs Practice squad?

Maybe they did him a solid?
Just a guess, but since the Hawks are beginning game one with 11 injured players, and the Rams are beginning with only 3 injured players... Adjustments have to be made?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just a guess, but since the Hawks are beginning game one with 11 injured players, and the Rams are beginning with only 3 injured players... Adjustments have to be made?
we only had 4 players either limited or non participants in practice Friday. You can’t really count players who are playing as injured or you’d have dozens per team each week. The NFL is a brutal sport.

As for the Burns situation it makes me wonder what happened because I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen before.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I'm always worried about G Damien Lewis. Highly regarded he is, but I believe he has played more games in his career injured, as opposed to healthy.

Hawks chose to bring up G Ben Brown off the practice squad this last week for some reason. Didn't make a lot of sense at that time, but now maybe it does.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
we only had 4 players either limited or non participants in practice Friday. You can’t really count players who are playing as injured or you’d have dozens per team each week. The NFL is a brutal sport.

As for the Burns situation it makes me wonder what happened because I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen before.
Well, that injury report grew from only four players to eleven players over one night.
I can't explain it...

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can’t find anything online about this release. Hopefully more details emerge.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well, that injury report grew from only four players to eleven players over one night.
I can't explain it...
Those players were listed as full participants. It’s just the team following the letter of the rule for injury report listing. 7 of those players are good to go, 2 are out and the 2 questionable both have a chance to play.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Those players were listed as full participants. It’s just the team following the letter of the rule for injury report listing. 7 of those players are good to go, 2 are out and the 2 questionable both have a chance to play.
That's good to know. Thanks for your clarification, kidhawk!
Injuries are now becoming harder to untangle than what a "catch" is anymore.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This news isn't corroborated by any other source. I don't think it's true.
I don’t doubt that he saw something but I just wonder if maybe it was an error or maybe a recorded event on NFL network with old news in the ticker or something. Either way we will know soon enough.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don’t doubt that he saw something but I just wonder if maybe it was an error or maybe a recorded event on NFL network with old news in the ticker or something. Either way we will know soon enough.
Yeah, could've just been a ticker error for sure.

OP
OP
W

Wheetie

Reaction score
I clearly saw it on the NFL ticker this AM. I'm fairly certain it was a live message since nothing else they showed at that time was a recording. Maybe an error on their part?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seems this is false. According to.com he is active today

Among those active for Sunday's game are linebacker Jon Rhattigan and cornerback Artie Burns, who were elevated off the practice squad on Saturday

Nunya

Reaction score
"A day after being included on the Seahawks' initial 53-man roster, cornerback Artie Burns was released and linebacker Jon Rhattigan was waived in order to make room on the roster for a pair of waiver claims.

Those two will still be a part of the Seahawks' season-opener against the Rams, however, as both have been elevated from the practice squad for Sunday's Week 1 game at Lumen Field."

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
"A day after being included on the Seahawks' initial 53-man roster, cornerback Artie Burns was released and linebacker Jon Rhattigan was waived in order to make room on the roster for a pair of waiver claims.

Those two will still be a part of the Seahawks' season-opener against the Rams, however, as both have been elevated from the practice squad for Sunday's Week 1 game at Lumen Field."

kidhawk

Reaction score

This is even more confusing. Why let guys play after they have been released? I’d want guys out there who are invested in our success not just their own.