ALDS - Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros Oct 11-17

sutz

Reaction score
Back to the Mariners House of Horrors. Are we better now? Good question. After Toronto the team will be up for it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We have a ton of momentum. It won’t be easy, but we can beat them.

I would go with this rotation against Houston.

Gilbert in game 1 in Tuesday
Castillo in game 2 on Thursday
Kirby in game 3 on Saturday
Gilbert in game 4 on Sunday (if necessary)
Castillo in game 5 on Monday (if necessary)

It’s going to be tough, but Servais and Ray need to put egos and contracts aside and have him either sit out or put him in the pen. Ray has been way too inconsistent to start a game when we really only need three starters, not to mention Houston has hit him well.

The rotation sets up nicely with possibly two appearances by Gilbert and Castillo, with Castillo possibly pitching a game 5.

Go Mariners!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Verlander will be tough, but they lit him up in one start in Seattle.
Gotta keep it close and hope we can get to their bullpen and do some damage.

The offense is going to have to score a lot.
Good thing though is the asterisks have all of the pressure on them.
They are supposed to win this series.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Would be sweet to win the series in four games. Or even three, for that matter. Either would happen in Seattle. But if it takes five games, closing out in Houston, so be it! Julio said we'll be playin' the Yanks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And having TWO games in Seattle at the same time? Absolute sh** show upcoming. Around 110K people at the same time a block apart basically.
But hey, as long as LA and NY get their games later, everything is just fine. MLB fail, yet again.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
And having TWO games in Seattle at the same time? Absolute sh** show upcoming. Around 110K people at the same time a block apart basically.
But hey, as long as LA and NY get their games later, everything is just fine. MLB fail, yet again.
Agreed. They don't even try to hide it. Guess we'll just have to win them both.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It also puts people in a legit decision making process. Do you skip the Hawks game to go to the M's game? I won't miss the Hawks game, but damn. Also, 90 West might be down again over the weekend. At the Minimum, they could have done the right thing and moved the M's game to late.

Ruminator

Reaction score
One of the few advantages the Kingdome offered, since they probably would not have been keen to the idea of Julio trying to catch Geno's passes and Al Woods plastering Altuve.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do you guys see them making any roster changes? Pretty sure Winker is out for this series as well.

Should we go three man rotation or expand it to four with Ray?

Has Servais talked about any of these topics?

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Do you guys see them making any roster changes? Pretty sure Winker is out for this series as well.

Yes, there will be changes. No, I don't believe Servais has discussed this with the public yet. I'm sure he's talking to DiPoto, though. You know they'll do something different than Toronto because it is a 5 game series instead of 3. 4 man rotation is possible, but maybe not necessary, since there are rest days in there.

balakoth

Reaction score
Yes, there will be changes. No, I don't believe Servais has discussed this with the public yet. I'm sure he's talking to DiPoto, though. You know they'll do something different than Toronto because it is a 5 game series instead of 3. 4 man rotation is possible, but maybe not necessary, since there are rest days in there.
Gilbert, Cast, Kirby... RAY for the middle... let Brash get in a game honestly

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

If they were smart, they’d start Flexen over Ray, I think I read Flexen has a 2.30 era vs Houston in 30 innings.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think the long lay off for Houston could have a negative effect on a 39 year old pitcher. As well as done of the other players.

Look what happened to Gausman when he had to sit for 41 or so minutes. He came back out and schitb the bed.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Verlander is 5 and 1 vs Seattle this yr with a 2.32 era i believe i heard them say.

Logan better be on.

Latest posts