ALDS - Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros Oct 11-17

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Verlander is 5 and 1 vs Seattle this yr with a 2.32 era i believe i heard them say.

Logan better be on.
100%

Houston has seven hitters with at least 250 plate appearances who have posted a wRC+ that’s better than league average (100), and five of them are above 125. They beat their opponents in a myriad of ways. Our arch nemesis has been Yonder Alvarez who alone is batting .327 against us with 5 home runs. So yes, Logan better be on it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Looks like same roster as the last series.

Verlander against Gilbert in game 1.

Valdez against Castillo in game 2.

Don’t think either manager has said anything about games 3-5.

Just read that Ray has an ERA over 10 against Houston this year. I would highly recommend Servais not using him in the rotation. And if you do, a very short leash.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm nervous, pumped, scared, and excited all at the same time. This is going to be one hell of a challenge.

That said, this team has already proven they're on the right track, building for lasting success, and made the next step in their progression to a WS. At this point we're playing with house money, I just hope we get to play a little longer :cool:

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Just get that split in Houscum and we have a LEGIT shot wo win this series.
Yeah, if we get a split in Houston I like our chances. Still not a done deal until the last out of the third win, whoever gets that. Even if we lose, heaven forbid, we need to put up a respectable fight for future meetings. They've owned us for too long.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, they are a MUCH better team. At least right for now. But win or lose, this is a huge chance to send a message going forward.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Verlander is a bitch and his wife's still a 10.

Chapow

Reaction score
Looong way to go, but that really couldn't have started any better so far.

Echawks

Reaction score
we can get verlander out of the game in the third, start running through that pen..

Chapow

Reaction score
M's with the immediate response to the Astros runs. That's HUGE!

Latest posts