Alex Bannister?

Mase

Reaction score
-- Actually it was Holmgren that said Bannister ran the wrong hot route. Green Bay blitzed and all the receivers were supposed to run hooks or slants as all the DBs were squatting the routes. According to Holmgren, only Matt and one of our offensive lineman actually did what they should have on that play.

-- I don't care, if it was Matt's gag job, so be it. But I specifically remember Holmy addressing that play a few days after that game.

Mase

themunn

Reaction score
Mase":36c18xx0 said:
-- Actually it was Holmgren that said Bannister ran the wrong hot route. Green Bay blitzed and all the receivers were supposed to run hooks or slants as all the DBs were squatting the routes. According to Holmgren, only Matt and one of our offensive lineman actually did what they should have on that play.

-- I don't care, if it was Matt's gag job, so be it. But I specifically remember Holmy addressing that play a few days after that game.

Mase

If 9 out of 11 players get the play wrong you have to address the blame elsewhere - poor coaching in that people don't understand the playbook? matt describing the play wrong? who knows.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3212xcqu said:
onanygivensunday":3212xcqu said:
Throwdown":3212xcqu said:
How do we know he ran the wrong route?
Well, it certainly wasn't Matt's fault... so it had to be Bannister's.

Of courrrrsssee it was NEVER Hasselbecks fault

I don't recall now if it was Holmgren or Matt or someone else, but when asked about that play specifically there was mention of a miscommunication between the qb and wr in which route was being run. Now, you can believe matt through to the wrong route or Alex ran the wrong route, but the two were said to be on different pages on that particular play.

TruHammer07

Reaction score
1. way to hang him out to dry Holmgren

2. why would he be better now? a little stronger ok. that's not going to go very far. so little upside id be shocked if this amounts to anything more than this.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
They were mirrored routes with 4 WRs. You can watch the all 22's and see that Darrell Jackson ran the same slant route on the other side at 2 yards, but Bannister ran it beyond that. Had he ran it at 2 yards (which is likely where Matt thought he would be, it would not have allowed Al Harris to jump it without going through Bannister. That's just how I remember it.

theascension

Reaction score
I can see certain positions being able to come back in a veteran position in but how many receivers over 34 have EVER done ANYTHING? It'd be a nice story but WR is the hardest position to play when older. He probably won't get anywhere.

I checked PFR and there's been 11 wide receivers with more than 1000 yards receiving over age 35 (out of more than 500 receivers with over 1000 yards receiving). None were comeback stories and of them only Jerry Rice didn't have a big drop in production past 35.

bigcc

Reaction score
rockette was destroying guys on special teams, him/lane are fine gunners, and lockette actually has upside at WR

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kidhawk":1q876zi7 said:
I don't recall now if it was Holmgren or Matt or someone else, but when asked about that play specifically there was mention of a miscommunication between the qb and wr in which route was being run. Now, you can believe matt through to the wrong route or Alex ran the wrong route, but the two were said to be on different pages on that particular play.

I do recall Hasselbeck saying something to the effect that Bannister was supposed to run a shorter hitch route on that play (thus Hasselbeck throwing to a spot) but he kept running up the field. He wasn't calling out Bannister as much as just being truthful of what happened on that play. Harris was an easy target who made the easiest pick 6 of his life. I always wonder what would have happened had we won that game in OT.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1amcnfdz said:
kidhawk":1amcnfdz said:

I do recall Hasselbeck saying something to the effect that Bannister was supposed to run a shorter hitch route on that play (thus Hasselbeck throwing to a spot) but he kept running up the field. He wasn't calling out Bannister as much as just being truthful of what happened on that play. Harris was an easy target who made the easiest pick 6 of his life. I always wonder what would have happened had we won that game in OT.

That game was one of many "what if" games that used to haunt me, but somehow finally being Super Bowl champs has made that hoe away. At least for the time being