Alex Smith's broken leg...

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm haven't watched it and I'm not going to watch it. I've seen enough of this sort of thing in my life.

I'm just curious because I'm seeing some people blaming FedEx Field for this, were field conditions really to blame for this injury?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Chapow":1zb5tlyq said:
I'm haven't watched it and I'm not going to watch it. I've seen enough of this sort of thing in my life.

I'm just curious because I'm seeing some people blaming FedEx Field for this, were field conditions really to blame for this injury?

Who really knows? I’m just saying this field is notorious for bad conditions in Nov-Jan. Which just so happens to be the timeframe we are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1hu4i3gu said:
Weird that it happened the same day 33 years later, November 18th...

And the game ended in the same exact score --- 23-21

Almost same place on the field too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":293n57n0 said:
Two major breaks, at his age I doubt he plays again, Thiesman made it back for a couple seasons but was never the same.

I just hope heals heals well for the rest of his life to be un affected.

Thiesmann's career ended after the injury. Maybe it was Theesman. :D

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":qxuz5s52 said:
The_Z_Man":qxuz5s52 said:
Weird that it happened the same day 33 years later, November 18th...

And the game ended in the same exact score --- 23-21

Almost same place on the field too.

Different stadium, though. Theismann was injured at RFK Stadium. Smith was injured at FedEx Field.

NINEster

Reaction score
Smith's soldier injury stemming from a Rocky Bernard hit at Qwest Field in 2006 could have been enough to end his career, esp when he had to re-do the surgery in 2007 and missed all of 2008 season.

Tough guy, hope he pulls through.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
He has an advantage that I didn't, in that his calcaneous (heel bone) was not involved. So he shouldn't end up with a cane and a good parking spot forever... That's one injury that's pretty much un-recoverable-from. Whooda thunk!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ZorntoLargent":rdau8jqk said:
Joe Theismann broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 1985 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only three-time Defensive Player of the Year Lawrence Taylor was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

Alex Smith broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 2018 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only other three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

There's a glitch in the Matrix. But seriously, I feel terrible for him. What a crappy way to go out, and with the possible life-altering aspects, it's really a terrible thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
They just said that the fracture is a splinter fracture up the leg, like a tree that when you cut instead of crossing the rings starts to split up the length of the tree. Not good since it is not clean.