All of a sudden the schedule doesn't look very scary at all

LawHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers are on a downward spiral. The Falcons are 1-2 and the Giants are 0-3. The Texans have a negative point differential. The Rams and Cardinals both look worse than we expected them to be and we have them twice each.

COUGH COUGH 16-0 COUGH

seabowl

Reaction score
LawHawk":1lrfqirr said:
The 49ers are on a downward spiral. The Falcons are 1-2 and the Giants are 0-3. The Texans have a negative point differential. The Rams and Cardinals both look worse than we expected them to be and we have them twice each.

COUGH COUGH 16-0 COUGH

I give you the Giants will be very winable but at the Falcs and Whiners will be very tough spots. I think we have 3-4 losses this year. We still have a lot to prove since we barely won week 1, week 2 turns out we were probably playing a worse team than we originally thought and week three was well, the Jags. I know you can only play the teams on your schedule but the next two weeks along with the Falcs and a whiners will be no easy task.

djb28

Reaction score
Even the Rams worry me. It doesn't matter how week a team is. When it comes to your division these are teams that know you best and put up the best fights!

Decimation

Reaction score
I feel the same way as OP.

At the beginning of the year, I was frightened about some of the teams we had to go against. Now it seems like every game now we have a shot at winning. Add Harvin and Irvin in the next few weeks-month? Watch out.

12-4-14-2 seems realistic.

Largent80

Reaction score
Mediocre teams go up and down from week to week, this makes it hard to handicap a game. Good teams do what they are supposed to do most of the time. That being said, you must look at only the game in front of you and what you must do to win that game. It is something I really admire about Pete & Co.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Im glad you are so confident. I think we have a potential superbowl team but right now I'm just worried about the Texans. We have two road games with 10am starts, against playoff teams. No easy task.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I fear no team.

but 4 of our next 5 games are on the road. That's a tough situation for any team. If we can make it through these next 5 games with 3 wins, and be 6-2 I'll be happy. I'm not trying to be a doubter or a pessimist, I'm simply playing the odds here.

6-2 while getting Harvin back and Okung's return on the horizon would be looking pretty good for finishing with 12+ wins.

All that matters is home field.

C-Dub

Reaction score
There's not a game on the schedule we should lose. This includes playoffs and the Superb Owl.

Game plan. Execute. Dominate. Win.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Glad everybody's so confident but if you're being honest at all, we're going to lose a few games. Just happens. We're missing our pro-bowl left tackle and are one injury away from real problems on the o-line.

Just hope everybody stays healthy. I have a feeling after the next two weeks we'll have a very good picture of what this team is. Win games in Houston and Indy (or split) and I'll feel really good about where we're headed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
These games look far more "winnable" than they did when we were all 0-0. Houston hasnt looked strong as of yet, and needed two straight last play TDs to get wins.

I see this game as a massive step forward for the Seahawks. Come out and beat Houston in Houston and it sends a very strong message of confidence.

Lose? Oh well, 10am/East Coast/road problems and the team is still maturing.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well, to me it never looked that bad, because I just don't believe in basing this year's games on LAST year's team results. Too many of those teams that were good last year simply regressed, or came up lame with injuries. Sure, many will be difficult, but non are not winnable.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Remember how AZ started last year ? 4-0. The early season games can be very misleading. The teams that are well coached with good players will come back

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1q4tpvcb said:
I fear no team.

but 4 of our next 5 games are on the road. That's a tough situation for any team. If we can make it through these next 5 games with 3 wins, and be 6-2 I'll be happy. I'm not trying to be a doubter or a pessimist, I'm simply playing the odds here.

6-2 while getting Harvin back and Okung's return on the horizon would be looking pretty good for finishing with 12+ wins.

All that matters is home field.

This next stretch will answer a lot of questions about this team. Are we better on the road ? How will the loss of Okung effect us with teams that have elite rushers like Watt on the schedule ? Will the WRs start getting better separation ?

If we can get through this next long stretch of away games, and not have any losses than I will start to get excited about an undefeated season. It's too early in the season to make any definitive statements like: the 49ers are in a downward spiral, the Rams and Cards are worse than we thought....etc. The Cards have a new QB and that can take some adjusting, the Rams have a ton of rookie skill position players...they generally start slow and ramp up as they get used to the speed of the NFL.

It's funny because folks will say "hey, don't worry the defense is usually ahead of the offense and offenses tend to start the year slow while they get the chemistry worked out" then turn around and lay out statements about how bad the Rams and Cards will be the rest of the year. What, they don't get an adjustment period ?

Wait another 2-3 weeks, then we'll really see who these teams are going to be the rest of the year. Take last year for example; we didn't look very good, not even like a playoff team the first half of last year, then we turned it on. The Redskins did the exact same thing last year (hey, they also had a rookie qb that was adjusting!), and the Giants had 2 Superbowl runs that everyone had them written out of the playoffs by week 8.

I will say looking at the schedule NOW that 12-4 looks likely and 14-2 looks a lot easier than I had thought it would be.

OP
OP
LawHawk

LawHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":rzbq66yg said:
I will say looking at the schedule NOW that 12-4 looks likely and 14-2 looks a lot easier than I had thought it would be.

This. I figured we had maybe a 25% chance of getting home field advantage. Now I think it's more like 50/50 which is phenomenal. Football Outsiders has it much more likely, I know.

Latest posts