Alternate logo???

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It reminds you of something because it's totem style as if carved onto a singular log.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366& ... YvgceIrUq0

Unless you're a transplant or never been born and raised or associated or blind or something. I really think the alternate logo is unnecessary, but whatever. Some changes of even face value seem to give momentum a little boost, for whatever reason. If we win the SB, some superficial alternate, let alone wholesale changes like 2012, won't be the least of what I remember.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't really like the alternate as of right now, but how many of you can even tell me where the name of Seattle even comes from without googling it? It's all been rooted since the beginning.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seems like the beak should be wider and longer. I actually don't mind it on a hat or a shirt for variety, but just think they need to modify it some. Even Blitz from the front looks different than this.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Oh my word, this is absolutely terrible. It hurts my eyes. It's awkward...or should i say HAWKward?

It's not "alternate" at all. Literally just an off balanced mirror image of the original logo. My goodness I can't believe this actually passed.

IT NEEDS ITS OWN PERSONALITY. Like the Raven's alternate logo.

I've been pissed off for years that dumb NFL rules won't allow them to wear their throwbacks, and now this? Yikes. They must have hired some random outsider to design this. Good grief.

Attachments

• STK-NFL-BAR-A1999-01.jpg
    STK-NFL-BAR-A1999-01.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4,165

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":20ows3gl said:
vin.couve12":20ows3gl said:
It's completely unnecessary, but it does sort of fall in line with totem style as if it's carved from the face of a log.

Since when can teams have this alternate logo bidness?

I think alternate logo is more like a secondary logo. For instance if you look at the Rams or the Bengals it is hard to use their helmet logo in media because it engulfs the whole helmet. Same with the Browns. In the past graphics use to put the whole helmet and team logo to represent the team on TV but that is not as neat and clean as some would like now a days. Some teams can not get rid of the helmet view though as previously mentioned without the secondary.

Cincinnati bengals b 2560x1600
Bengals logo

9522 los angeles rams primary on dark 2017

tr_browns.png

Not really sure why we need one unless it is a new fad in the NFL marketing department.
Thanks for the info, dude.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I do agree with Crizilla though. It's a 3 dimensional 90 degree look at the original logo, for the most part. I would have chosen some much better totem art.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not sure if that's 3rd gradeor whatever and I don't like it either, but the muppet ish if out of whack.

Blindside

Reaction score
The new "logo" should have gone through a focus group first. Personally it is too early to switch to a new logo. The current logo is too cool to change for now. They should seriously reconsider that "eaglehead" logo.

Blindside

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks should just follow the Simple and elegant Dallas Cowboys Logo. Don't change it so the seahawks identity will always be easy to recall when they see the side view of the "hawk". Focus should be on recall of the image, not to change it for the sake of changing it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
HAY GUYZ, WANNA KNOW WUT IT'S LIKE TO LOOK AT A PATRIOT FACE-TO-FACE?

HURRR DURRRR

Attachments

• sweetdesignbro.jpg
    sweetdesignbro.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,087

Joey13091

Reaction score
pmedic920":w0altvs1 said:
Basis4day":w0altvs1 said:
It'll probably grow on me.

It might grow on me as well but only on a ball cap or other merchandise.

I'd hate to see it on our helmets.
Agree

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

drcool

Reaction score
My first reaction when I saw it last week was that I didn't like it but it is already growing on me and I think it looks pretty good on the t-shirts and hats. I believe the apparel with the logo will be for sale some time Friday.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
From the zone, but still funny and the comparison I first thought of too:

FaceOff_%281997_film%29_poster.jpg

FWIW I really like the Hawks' standard logo, so I'd probably be a bit resistant to any new alternate logo for them, but this one ain't great.

As an alternate logo I like the older one Kitsap posted and think it works well with their color scheme, but for some reason it feels a little derivative to me. Is there a college team with a logo pretty close to that? (I don't follow college football).

drcool

Reaction score
Forget waiting until Friday. Change of plans, the gear is up and for sale now at Fanatics.com. If you buy through that link you help support Seahawks.net

Ff 2915744alt2 full

ProductImages2f 29160002fff 2916256 full

ProductImages2f 29150002fff 2915742b full

ProductImages2f 29160002fff 2916994 full

21 different items available right now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ From those my basic takeaway is that it really doesn't look bad when it's smaller and when it comes with other things to look at (i.e. the beenie), but as it gets bigger and more isolated (as in on the sweatshirt) it starts to look pretty goofy.

Whoever said they wouldn't mind it as a sleeve patch or something is really onto something I think.