Alvin Bailey tweet

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Also, twitter is from the devil. Some of the things that were being said to Bailey, before he wrote that tweet, were totally uncalled for.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1eib8edj said:
Also, twitter is from the devil. Some of the things that were being said to Bailey, before he wrote that tweet, were totally uncalled for.

Hawknation, don't you know that football players should be emotionless perfect automatons who play a game perfectly for our entertainment? Back in the leather helmet era men died for the opportunity to be berated by fans via telegram if only so they could have but a moment to perform for the fans.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":2d1ng2di said:
Back in the leather helmet era men died for the opportunity to be berated by fans via telegram if only so they could have but a moment to perform for the fans.

Sadists meet narcissists. Hard to imagine anything more full of win than that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I know it's not .net way but what if the o-line just got chewed out in a big way and he's ashamed?

Wait, sorry, BURN HIM. Aaaargh!

drdiags

Reaction score
Fans can be like crazy ex-lovers.

"How dare you say you don't want to be here."

The man will probably be getting his wish and his drama-queen tweet got the response he should have expected.

Yet fans love talking boo-boo (including me, I must admit).

King Dog

Reaction score
drdiags":1baohthy said:

The man will probably be getting his wish and his drama-queen tweet got the response he should have expected.

Well of course we do. Imagine tweeting out things like this where your employer can read them.

mrt144

Reaction score
King Dog":5dfpewix said:
drdiags":5dfpewix said:

Well of course we do. Imagine tweeting out things like this where your employer can read them.

Self employment has it's perks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Maybe he has a legit gripe. This whole OL situation is a borderline disaster with Cable's favored projects playing ahead of guys who have played well in the past. Bailey struggled badly in preseason but hardly looked worse than Britt looked at times. One wonders if Bailey was the 2nd rounder, and Britt was the UDFA, if Bailey still would've lost his job.

Or maybe he's just tired of clouds.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
1 - Echoing most of the sentiment, why would YOU as a fan ever think it is OK to berate an athlete on Twitter? Context gets lost on social media anyway, but contrast some of the intelligent people you know with some of the dumb things they say on social media. Can you imagine if they were called to the carpet for every thing out of text?

2 - How is some random person (or hundreds of random people) going to get any positive gain or result from random drive by insulting on social media? What it might do is make an athlete feel unsafe or unjustly victimized. It certainly isn't going to get them excited about playing hard for the d*ckheads who sit on their couch ripping them while the athlete works their tail off.

3 - After giving up 298 sacks in 4 games, why isn't Bailey starting? Could it even BE worse? Does not this offensive staff have a tendency to not play good players for long stretches for weird reasons? (Ahem Chris Matthews....) Would it shock you if you found out that someone in the OC group was playing favorites in roster decisions? This is not new, or even rare in football.

Only a complete dumb*ss would think it is OK to attack an athlete on their personal time on their personal account. What kind of "adult" stalks people like that? Why?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nfmal0kz said:
Maybe he has a legit gripe. This whole OL situation is a borderline disaster with Cable's favored projects playing ahead of guys who have played well in the past. Bailey struggled badly in preseason but hardly looked worse than Britt looked at times. One wonders if Bailey was the 2nd rounder, and Britt was the UDFA, if Bailey still would've lost his job.

Or maybe he's just tired of clouds.

Oh please. Bailey was benched in favor of Gilliam, another undrafted free agent but with no experience, in an effort to get the best five linemen on the field.

peppersjap

Reaction score
If he actually tweeted that I would hope he is cut very soon! if he had the talent to start he would be and if he actually tweeted this out he is demonstrating his horrible attitude. If he is cut I'm pretty sure there are not 31 teams ready to take him!

lobohawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3mik4hn1 said:
1 - Echoing most of the sentiment, why would YOU as a fan ever think it is OK to berate an athlete on Twitter? Context gets lost on social media anyway, but contrast some of the intelligent people you know with some of the dumb things they say on social media. Can you imagine if they were called to the carpet for every thing out of text?

2 - How is some random person (or hundreds of random people) going to get any positive gain or result from random drive by insulting on social media? What it might do is make an athlete feel unsafe or unjustly victimized. It certainly isn't going to get them excited about playing hard for the d*ckheads who sit on their couch ripping them while the athlete works their tail off.

3 - After giving up 298 sacks in 4 games, why isn't Bailey starting? Could it even BE worse? Does not this offensive staff have a tendency to not play good players for long stretches for weird reasons? (Ahem Chris Matthews....) Would it shock you if you found out that someone in the OC group was playing favorites in roster decisions? This is not new, or even rare in football.

Only a complete dumb*ss would think it is OK to attack an athlete on their personal time on their personal account. What kind of "adult" stalks people like that? Why?

Yeah, chasing an athlete around on twitter or any social media seems like the biggest waste. Even so, Bailey essentially went out to the middle of downtown Seattle and yelled out with a bullhorn that he'd rather be anywhere else (i.e. Cleveland, etc). He was asking for it.

McGruff

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":35wmzhvp said:

In response to the first two points, social media is dumb. First because it always people the platform to make private matters public (BaIley). And second because it allows pencil necked cyber jocks the platform to play bully with people they'll never have to meet face to face (fans).

In regards to the third point I remember all too clearly fans calling for Charlie Whitehurst to start becuase he "couldn't be worse" than an old and injured Matt Hasselback. Turns out that there was a reason Charlie wasn't starting . . . He really was worse! I suspect the same is true with Bailey or Bailey would be starting. They all but gift wrapped that position to him, and he didn't keep it.

justafan

Reaction score
I am sure he saw the tape on Britt also.Maybe he is good enough to start.

Cable like all coaches have their favorites regardless who is best for the job.

I hate the tweet but I do hope he is pissed that he cant start on this Oline.

Latest posts