Alvin Bailey tweet

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
mrt144":1gc57hqy said:
hawknation2015":1gc57hqy said:
Also, twitter is from the devil. Some of the things that were being said to Bailey, before he wrote that tweet, were totally uncalled for.

Hawknation, don't you know that football players should be emotionless perfect automatons who play a game perfectly for our entertainment? Back in the leather helmet era men died for the opportunity to be berated by fans via telegram if only so they could have but a moment to perform for the fans.

Post of the year 2015

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ludakrishna that was funny, well played.

It's tough to blame someone on the bench who sees what is going on with the guy in front of him and he probably just wants a chance. I didn't read too much into it. Don't really like seeing it but I get it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well theres a reason I don't have Twitter or Instagram, and I only post on Facebook about once every 2 monthes and when I do its only pictures of my boys. And Im not a professional athlete....

Twitter culture today any second of poor judgement is out there for the world to see and clasp onto and judge.

Theres lots of days im frustrated with any and everything, job, wife, kids, traffic, food, diet, my favorite teams performance, you name it. But putting that frustration out for the world to see it just so STUPID.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I remember saying I've never used Twitter, and immediately was told I think I'm better than everyone else.

Um.......ok

GLio14

Reaction score
Jokes on him. The Giants and Jets play in the same city.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":9m84il0i said:
What's funny is that Bailey isn't even good enough to earn a starting spot on the worst offensive line in the NFL.

I believe we'd honestly be a better line right now with LJP, Bailey and Britt then our current rotation. Bailey is not ever going to be great, but he has some solid performances under his belt. Pete and Tom seem to be looking for what they might get over what they already have and right now that formula isn't working.

To be clear, what I'm trying to get to here is that we don't have our best possible offensive line on the field right now. IMO we have sacrificed a closer to average line in the hopes of creating a better one for the future and that would be great if the future were now, but it's not and as of now it looks like a huge failure thus far. Only time will tell, but it is the only true concern I've had about this coaching staff/front office for a long time now. I am starting to doubt they will ever get a good offensive line.

As for Bailey, he'd be best served to just do as Kam did and block the negative twitter users instead of making tweets like these

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well it wouldn't be the Hawks unless we had at least one unhappy player per week.

As much as I love Pete and how he's considered a "player's coach," I'd like him to take the Belichick approach to some of these guys.

The reason no one mouths off or becomes a distraction in NE is because if Belichick even sniffs a player doing this, they're gone. Miss a practice? Gone. Talk crap, gone. Air dirty laundry in the media, gone.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Unlike our current LG and RT, Bailey has shown he can actually show up and be effective in games. By all accounts, he was in great shape for camp, so maybe this isn't about his ability after all, and more about Cable's insistence on finding a spot for Britt? Hard to say.

As for the tweet, he's young. None of us should take this sort of thing seriously.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2233y5z8 said:
Well it wouldn't be the Hawks unless we had at least one unhappy player per week.

As much as I love Pete and how he's considered a "player's coach," I'd like him to take the Belichick approach to some of these guys.

The reason no one mouths off or becomes a distraction in NE is because if Belichick even sniffs a player doing this, they're gone. Miss a practice? Gone. Talk crap, gone. Air dirty laundry in the media, gone.

I think the lesson here is if you screw up in NE, you better be going to prison for it. :lol:

Cartire

Reaction score
Im surprised I havent heard anything else yet from this. You would think Florio would be all up on this. He loves when he can smear the Hawks.

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
Smellyman":2bxvof6i said:
Bigpumpkin":2bxvof6i said:
That response is not typical of a Seahawk player. Something must have happened to upset him.

Yeah, some bums are starting ahead of him

His tweet has to do with the nasty tweets people were sending him saying things like... He couldn't even play college football, needs to stop eating, he sucks so bad his family won't even move to seattle with him, he needs to be charged with manslaughter because of what he does to russell.... I would be pissed too if i was Bailey... Some fans are idiots... Wish these people would say it to his face. I don't blame the guy for freaking out. :1:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I didn't know that was the context. People are stupid, no one deserves that.

Cartire

Reaction score
Cougarmode58":2k527h3m said:
Smellyman":2k527h3m said:
Bigpumpkin":2k527h3m said:
That response is not typical of a Seahawk player. Something must have happened to upset him.

His tweet has to do with the nasty tweets people were sending him saying things like... He couldn't even play college football, needs to stop eating, he sucks so bad his family won't even move to seattle with him, he needs to be charged with manslaughter because of what he does to russell.... I would be pissed too if i was Bailey... Some fans are idiots... Wish these people would say it to his face. I don't blame the guy for freaking out. :1:

Is there proof thats what this is? Seems like a good story to tell to keep the player shining in a good light. But it also seems pretty stupid if the player remotely cared what his twitter said and then acted on it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cartire":m51b8n1l said:
Cartire":m51b8n1l said:
Im surprised I havent heard anything else yet from this. You would think Florio would be all up on this. He loves when he can smear the Hawks.

Haha, how naive I was to think Florio hadnt jumped on this http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-seattle/

Posted last night.

Yeah he was all over it within 30 minutes. It's almost pathetic how much he looks for negative news on the Hawks.

MVP53

Reaction score
Cougarmode58":345ix6uu said:
Smellyman":345ix6uu said:
Bigpumpkin":345ix6uu said:

Except, of course, he's the professional athlete and they are faceless twitter trolls.

Sucks that it happens, but come on Alvin, thicken up that skin buddy.