Americas Game....SEAHAWKS EDITION.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
A little new stuff which was cool; still great to watch. I think Jim Caviezel is an excellent actor. His voice carries some gravitas which I liked and I thought altogether appropriate to describe our awesome season.

Giblien

Reaction score
Dying to see this but don't have NFLN. If anyone has some idea as to how I can get this another way, let me know.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Giblien":2yzfpgvq said:
Dying to see this but don't have NFLN. If anyone has some idea as to how I can get this another way, let me know.

check your pms

Cartire

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":32u3q69e said:
A little new stuff which was cool; still great to watch. I think Jim Caviezel is an excellent actor. His voice carries some gravitas which I liked and I thought altogether appropriate to describe our awesome season.

First guy to praise Caviezel's narration. I thought it was horrible. The show was good, the narration could have put me to sleep by itself.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1f3c9a9x said:
PlinytheCenter":1f3c9a9x said:

First guy to praise Caviezel's narration. I thought it was horrible. The show was good, the narration could have put me to sleep by itself.

I hereby nomimate Lil Jon to re-narrate AGS. But this Lil Jon, in his british butler voice.

Giphy

A

Anonymous

Cartire":t4odjuyi said:
PlinytheCenter":t4odjuyi said:

Tire, you are a hard man to please.

I thought that Caviezel's narration added a a real-world feel to it all. Calmness in the midst of chaos.

No need for the deep-voiced, puker-style announcer. It's not a radio show or play by play, it is a documentary.

Cartire

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":rh65o7yg said:
Cartire":rh65o7yg said:
PlinytheCenter":rh65o7yg said:

Tire, you are a hard man to please.

I thought that Caviezel's narration added a a real-world feel to it all. Calmness in the midst of chaos.

No need for the deep-voiced, puker-style announcer. It's not a radio show or play by play, it is a documentary.

He would be great narrating a documentary about the growth of grass. In all honesty, he actually would be a great Planet Earth type narrator. I might be comparing it a bit to much to a hard knocks style though. Which I think is great and works real well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Caviezel sounded like a bored housewife doing her due diligence with hubby while not being able to feel a friggin' thing and just telling him to hurry up and finish, unfortunately. There is no defending that, and I really liked him in Frequency; it's not as if I dislike him as an actor.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":310xlxvj said:
He would be great narrating a documentary about the growth of grass. In all honesty, he actually would be a great Planet Earth type narrator. I might be comparing it a bit to much to a hard knocks style though. Which I think is great and works real well.

All narrators try to give the source material some gravity and profoundness..............unfortunately with sports you also need some inflection and excitement in your voice when the moment calls for it. THIS is the part Caviezel fell short on for me.

He was too even the entire hour, needed some more voice inflection. Can't all be Steve Sabol unfortunately.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Watched this with my life last night. Got chills throughout the show. Thought it was well put together, except for adding in the Sherman NFCC post interview. I get that it was a big part of the game in the "recent memory" of it. But in the long term it won't be a big part of the Super Bowl season.

Definitely recommend the show. I feel like most of the folks here, you've probably seen most of the sound bites/highlights/coverage, but all the personal interviews are new and are really good. Especially Pete (who has a conversation about his wife at the end that got me choked up)

SEAAAA.....

A

Anonymous

Sgt. Largent":271bbosq said:
Cartire":271bbosq said:

All narrators try to give the source material some gravity and profoundness..............unfortunately with sports you also need some inflection and excitement in your voice when the moment calls for it. THIS is the part Caviezel fell short on for me.

He was too even the entire hour, needed some more voice inflection. Can't all be Steve Sabol unfortunately.

The voice of Hard Knocks, and documentaries like "Lombardi", is actor/narrator Liev Schrieber. Liev was on the Today Show a while back and he was saying that he purposely changes his tone when doing the documentary stuff. He said that he strives for clarity and correct pronunciation over an emotion-based sound and didn't want to sound like his normal voice.

Caviezel did not sound any different from his normal voice to me, and because of the few of these he has done, the familiarity aspect for us is not as comforting to the ear as what we probably wanted to hear, but I thought is was okay.

I will admit that Schrieber would have sounded better, but he is quite prolific in that marketplace so they may have been looking for a different feel for this production.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3rw8erjs said:
Sgt. Largent":3rw8erjs said:
Cartire":3rw8erjs said:

The voice of Hard Knocks, and documentaries like "Lombardi", is actor/narrator Liev Schrieber. Liev was on the Today Show a while back and he was saying that he purposely changes his tone when doing the documentary stuff. He said that he strives for clarity and correct pronunciation over an emotion-based sound and didn't want to sound like his normal voice.

Caviezel did not sound any different from his normal voice to me, and because of the few of these he has done, the familiarity aspect for us is not as comforting to the ear as what we probably wanted to hear, but I thought is was okay.

I will admit that Schrieber would have sounded better, but he is quite prolific in that marketplace so they may have been looking for a different feel for this production.

Schreiber is also probably under contract with HBO, so even if he wanted to do something the NFL Network produced HBO wouldn't let him.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3cm7fmz0 said:
Caviezel sounded like a bored housewife doing her due diligence with hubby while not being able to feel a friggin' thing and just telling him to hurry up and finish, unfortunately. There is no defending that, and I really liked him in Frequency; it's not as if I dislike him as an actor.

Interesting analogy there Roland. :hmmmm:

Anyway, it's great to have disparate views about the narration on our Super Bowl winning documentary. Good times...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2t5s5h1b said:
Caviezel is a great actor. See him in The count of Monte Cristo. (sp)

That movie is EPIC. Frequency was great as well. He kinda got lost in the shuffle after the religious movie, which is a shame.