An after-season shake up...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2waunukk said:
Just like every year, we will see a bit of a roster churn. We will have a few big names that might not be here, but I think our core will be intact. As much as I would like to see a change in coaching on the offensive side of the ball, I don't see it being a probable thing. I would say there is maybe a 20% chance either cable or Bevell is gone. I don't blame cable as much as Bevell because Cable has nothing to work with year in and year out, whereas Bevell has some phenomenal weapons that I see as underused or used incorrectly. Bevell doesn't really have an excuse.

What doesn't really make sense to me, is how we can give a pass to Cable for not having top of the line players at HIS disposal, yet it's the SAME misfit O-Line that Bevell is supposed to be able to use?......Imagine if you will, designing plays that won't have a consistent success rate, because Cable's faltering O-Line cannot execute with any regularity.
Design plays that get the ball out of Wilsons hands faster?, okay...Every single play?, yeah, Defenses would never expect or could prep. for that eh? LOLOL.
People want a shakeup for shakeup's sake, Maybe we need a new Secondary Coach because of Earl Thomas, or Kam Chancellor getting injured, or Lane & Shead getting burnt too often?
This reminds me of a wolf that chews his leg off to get out of a trap post.
Someone just has to be at blame for the Seahawks only winning the NFC WEST, somebody's head needs to roll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3ec80ce0 said:
Pete believes in continuity in his staff but what bothers me is we finally have our franchise QB and our offensive line continuity is not there.

I'm growing tired of watching our bullfighting zone blocking scheme....OLE....OLE....whiff...whiff. Glowinski should be showing improvement, has a year in the system before this year, but looks terrible out there.

It's getting Russ killed, it's getting almost all of our RB's killed, and I would like to see a change at Cables position.

Pete wanted Cable here to build the Offensive Line to accommodate for Pete's Run First Mantra, it was that Mantra and Marshawn Lynch that gave the Seahawks their first (and nearly second) Super Bowl victory.....Marshawn Lynch has retired, and Cable has been given a new task, reboot the O-Line for a little better Pass Protection, trouble is, there's some obvious differences in what is needed for a changes of that magnitude, and all the while, Russell Wilson is taking a beating until the faltering O-Line starts getting it's shit together and starts providing him with even mediocre protection.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The Seahawks will be underdogs in possibly every playoff game.

Root for the O Line because anything positive that young group can muster will be a huge contributing factor to any success.

mrt144

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zzz4ycb said:
johnnyfever":2zzz4ycb said:
Just like every year, we will see a bit of a roster churn. We will have a few big names that might not be here, but I think our core will be intact. As much as I would like to see a change in coaching on the offensive side of the ball, I don't see it being a probable thing. I would say there is maybe a 20% chance either cable or Bevell is gone. I don't blame cable as much as Bevell because Cable has nothing to work with year in and year out, whereas Bevell has some phenomenal weapons that I see as underused or used incorrectly. Bevell doesn't really have an excuse.

What doesn't really make sense to me, is how we can give a pass to Cable for not having top of the line players at HIS disposal, yet it's the SAME misfit O-Line that Bevell is supposed to be able to use?......Imagine if you will, designing plays that won't have a consistent success rate, because Cable's faltering O-Line cannot execute with any regularity.
Design plays that get the ball out of Wilsons hands faster?, okay...Every single play?, yeah, Defenses would never expect or could prep. for that eh? LOLOL.
People want a shakeup for shakeup's sake, Maybe we need a new Secondary Coach because of Earl Thomas, or Kam Chancellor getting injured, or Lane & Shead getting burnt too often?
This reminds me of a wolf that chews his leg off to get out of a trap post.
Someone just has to be at blame for the Seahawks only winning the NFC WEST, somebody's head needs to roll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can blame a lot of weird, inexplicable shit on Bevell but yeah, he's bound to whatever garbage Cable spits out and it makes his job a lot tougher than it already is.