"Anaheim" Seahawks (ugh)

two dog

Reaction score
I was at some kind of tipping point before the move was attempted.
The appointment of David Behring as GM was the most ridiculous I had seen until the
advent of the new national son-in-law in chief we currently enjoy.

I smile every time the OKC Thunder loses. I'm sure it would have been the same for
whatever they had named the team in Pasadena.

Marshawn is way different. It's easy to wish Beast Mode well with his hometown Raiders.
With the Patriots or Cowboys, not now, not ever. Sports loyalty is strange.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I live in Baltimore. Nobody kept faith with the Colts when they left. This city still hates them 33 years later. That should clear up any questions about that no matter what team or city. I became a Seahawks fan at that point oddly enough because I didn't think the Seahawks would leave Seattle. I wanted a team relative to their environment but not a "pop" team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":18796k6i said:
I don't live in the Pacific Northwest anymore(moved to Michigan in 1984) but the Seahawks belong in Seattle, so if they had moved-they would be dead to me and I would probably be a Lions fan now. Thank you Paul Allen. :laugh:
Similar situation for me..Mariners,Seahawks and Sonics are in my blood from my years growing up around Seattle.
When the Sonics moved,the NBA ceased to exist for me.
The same goes for my other Seattle teams if they ever get moved

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":1mh8ym9y said:
Hypothetical - If Behring had moved the Seahawks to Anaheim in 1996, would you have transferred your allegiance to the new location?

I've no interest in basketball, but I've noticed there is little love for Oklahoma City Thunder here, from the transplanted Sonics.

Oh hell no, the Seahawks would be dead to me. The NFL would probably be dead to me as well, kinda like the NBA now.

And as far as the Blunder, I don't think I've ever met a Sonic fan who transferred their allegiance to that abomination.
They immediately became most Sonics fans #1 hated team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ut37mlh said:
Hawks46":3ut37mlh said:
I don't even watch the NBA anymore since the Sonics moved.

That's how much that pissed me off. And I loved basketball.

The NBA had already lost about 80% of me prior to the Sonics moving, which took care of the remaining 20%. I haven't watched an entire NBA game from start to finish since Michael Jordan and the Bulls beat Utah in the finals. I would have gone through a similar transformation had the Seahawks moved to SoCal.
That's me to a T.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
acer1240":1n8hhb1k said:
Maulbert":1n8hhb1k said:
They wouldn't have been the Seahawks. Behring planned to change the name. No, never in a million years.

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-02-04/sports/sp-32247_1_ken-behring

Reading that made me puke. He was really a POS!
I hope hell has a special spot reserved for Bubba Behring and Clay Clay Bennett.

I had forgotten Bubba and his troglodyte son tried to say the KIngdome was unsafe if there was an earthquake and
They were concerned for the fan's safety...... So much so they wanted to move the team to an area with even bigger and
more fault zones.

Own The West

Reaction score
I stopped going to Sonics' games the year they gave Mutombo money to Jim McIlvaine -- boycotting them until they got rid of both Karl and Walker. When Schultz dealt the team to OKC, I stopped watching basketball altogether. And didn't step foot in a Starbucks for 5+ years.

If the Seahawks had been shipped off to Pasadena, they'd be dead to me too. Although I probably would have kept watching the NFL. I was a Raiders fan pre-seahawks and me and John Madden have the same birthday...

Speaking of Oakland, I feel bad for their long-suffering fans. To finally get back to the playoffs after 10-15 years, but lose the team to another city (again) has got to hurt.

Living in San Diego now, the Chargers have the opposite issue as we did in the 90's: their deadbeat owner is staying, but their beloved team is leaving. It makes me wonder why the league doesn't make bad owners sell. The Chargers are going to lose even more money in LA. How does that help the league?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seymour":3swj5i76 said:
They become "the owners team" just like the Sonics and most will despise them from that day forward.
This is how I see it too. Teams belong to owners and I'm not going to support a team if I have a problem with supporting the owner.

I'd still watch and attend NFL games though, unlike the NBA. Pro football is just a much more interesting sport than pro basketball, largely due to the strict salary cap, lack of restrictions on individual contracts, and the resulting 3-4 teams fighting for a championship every year in the NBA.