Another 500+ yards given up by this defense

Ozzy

Reaction score
Came to post this.

The D essentially gave up a 1st down every play in this game.

Against the Ravens they only allowed 6.5 yards per play. Only.

I'm going to do a post mid week comparing their defensive investment compared to the top 8 defenses like last year.

The Hawks are #2 in cash spending on defense this season, and will very likely be #1 in draft capital investment over the last 4 years, (and future picks already spent, Williams.)

This defense is the equivalent of spending three 1st round picks on a QB, AND making him the highest paid in the league, while being the worst in the league. They are a laughing stock on defense.
Fade was getting killed for a year and half yet it’s all playing out how he said it would.

The amoun they’ve spent on defense is actually mind boggling and if you’re a defensive guru and can’t make that much capitol not be a bottom 5 defense then why keep him around? It’s beyond time

rjdriver

Reaction score
I’m sure Pete liked what he saw today though.

"Ya know, I think we're close. We had a heck of practice last week and I loved the intensity I saw with Jamal. I mean he was just rearing to go, he's such a special, special player. We just need to tweak a few things here and there. We were right in there competing like heck and it was truly anyone's game in the middle of the first quarter. We just need to execute a little better on offense, defense, and special teams , and figure out a way to stop them from executing at a prodigious rate for 60 minutes and I think we will be just fine. I'm really proud of our guys and how hard they competed and all that".

Weadoption

Reaction score
I tried to come on and discuss, but my thread got moved! Im not sure why? I was just lamenting on how we got fleeced and are one game back of the Kansas City Chiefs now after our 1-5 start. Watching how the Seahawks are rolling with all those draft picks and Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, and Noah Fant.Man did we get fleeced!
The Seahawks didn’t go full retard on their qb contract like you guys did with Mr Unlimited.
let’s ride or is your GM gonna eat $85 million? decisions decisions

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It’s Russ’s fault!!! That’s what 90% of Seahawk fans told me last year!!! It’s a shame the Broncos aren’t in as good of shape as the Seahawks are!!!
Yeah, there's a "Rolling Donut", and you Know what you can do to it?....

Ozzy

Reaction score
Here is my favorite Pete post game comment when asked about the 4th and shorts…..if you believe in who you are(defense) you kick there. They gave up 10 yards per play and that’s his answer. Moronic answer

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
"Ya know, I think we're close. We had a heck of practice last week and I loved the intensity I saw with Jamal. I mean he was just rearing to go, he's such a special, special player. We just need to tweak a few things here and there. We were right in there competing like heck and it was truly anyone's game in the middle of the first quarter. We just need to execute a little better on offense, defense, and special teams , and figure out a way to stop them from executing at a prodigious rate for 60 minutes and I think we will be just fine. I'm really proud of our guys and how hard they competed and all that".

I hate that this is coming on his Monday morning show, probably word for word. He will ignore 527 yards given up while looking like a generally terrible team for 4-6 straight weeks and just talk about Drew Lock seizing his moment. Nothing on the highest paid safeties in the NFL being complete zeros again.
And I get it, he's a positive motivator who doesn't throw people under the bus. I just wish we could get some honest talk and no Pete speak. DK was the most frustrated I've ever seen him on the sidelines and it just feels like for the first time in a LONG time, the wheels are actually coming off.

nanomoz

Reaction score
"What does the Seahawks defense do well? Even with two turnovers on Sunday, Seattle is 18th in takeaways, 28th in rate of drives ending in a score, 31st in first downs allowed, 30th in 3rd down conversion rate, 26th in red zone touchdown rate, all while enjoying the 10th best average starting field position in the NFL. I’ve not even included the absurd number of penalties (whether legit calls or not) they’ve committed to extend opposition drives! I guess Seattle is still good at generating sacks, ranking 9th in raw total and 10th in sack rate, but as we saw against the 49ers, the sacks don’t matter as much if you give up a touchdown on the same drive."