Another Wounded Animal Limps into the Clink...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Willyeye":32s4i7j6 said:
Been reading a few posts and wanted to point out: the Lions offense is NOT what some people think it is. Ameer Abdullah has 21 rushes for 82 yards...3.9 YPC...1 TD, 1 missed tackle, and 1 fumble. Tate has 15 receptions in 24 targets for a completion % of 62.5 and 161 yards...ZERO TD's...and according to PFF, and 2 interceptions on his targets. Megatron has 20 receptions on 33 targets for a completion % of 60.6 and 199 yards...1 TD...and 2 interceptions on his targets. The Lions offense did play against a couple of good D's, the Vikes and Broncos, but they also faced the Chargers whose D is ranked worst in the NFL on PFF. Also according to PFF, the Lions offense is ranked dead last. In yardage rankings, the Seahawks D is ranked #3, the Lions D is ranked #27...Hawks offense is ranked #18, Lions O is ranked #27.

On PFF QB's, Wilson is ranked #8, while Stafford is ranked #37, out of 37 (his passer rating is only 78.7). Johnson is the #11 ranked WR, Doug Baldwin is #22, Tate is #43, and Kearse is #52. Eric Ebron is the #61 ranked TE out of 64.

Just saying, on paper, the Hawks look like a MUCH BETTER team than the Lions. Even the Bears are better than the Lions on paper.

If the game was in Detroit, then we'd have reason to worry. Since it is on our turf.....we should win....one way or the other.

sutz

Reaction score
One thing I love about the PC Era so far, our team is seldom caught off guard or unprepared for a game. Perhaps they don't blow out 'weak' opponents the way some fans would like to see, but I think that the team will be ready for a very desperate Lions squad coming into town Mon night.

Hey, any NFL team can be dangerous, and the ball bounces funny sometimes, but our guys can handle whatever happens Monday night IMNSHO. I expect a win, by a comfortable margin.

hawk45

Reaction score
sutz":3pq46bsa said:
One thing I love about the PC Era so far, our team is seldom caught off guard or unprepared for a game. Perhaps they don't blow out 'weak' opponents the way some fans would like to see, but I think that the team will be ready for a very desperate Lions squad coming into town Mon night.

Hey, any NFL team can be dangerous, and the ball bounces funny sometimes, but our guys can handle whatever happens Monday night IMNSHO. I expect a win, by a comfortable margin.

It seems to me our offense is regularly caught off guard and unprepared for pretty much every game, weak opponents included.

It's our defense that is seldom caught off guard. Maybe 2-3 games a year, max.

I also expect a win, but only by a comfortable margin if we score on special teams or defensively. Which could happen given that Stafford likes to fling it.

aawolf

Reaction score
Fans should wear this costume!

0B8J2795-Edit_1024x1024.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We'll see if our horrible 3rd down offense and defense can improve before I predict anything other than a close game on Monday.

Kam SHOULD improve the D on 3rd down, but I'm still not seeing us improving much with our 3rd down offense.