Anthony Davis (49ers) calls Green Bay a s***hole on Twitter

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Well, Packer fans didn't even care to sell out a home PLAYOFF game until Friday, after an extended blackout deadline. They deserve it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Niners have no room too talk about stadiums with the dump they play in.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Anthony Davis, as we say in the UK, needs to shut his arse and let his mouth do the talking for a change.

djb28

Reaction score
getnasty":3phaw41r said:
Niners have no room too talk about stadiums with the dump they play in.
You got that right!

HawkWow

Reaction score
LOL...GB is far from a shithole. In fact, it's a very desirable place for those into outdoor activities and / or raising a family in a safe environment. Quaint and beautiful with a population of people so honest and trusting you would think you traveled back to the 50s. I've lived there and loved the place (though I wouldn't live their again.. winters just too long / too severe).

Davis is a guy from the school of "bad pub is better than no pub" and lives to see his name in print. No coincidence that gentlemen like Reggie loved GB and a-holes like Davis hate it. Says much more about the person than the town. Go GB West HS!

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":36zy0m08 said:
LOL...GB is far from a shithole. In fact, it's a very desirable place for those into outdoor activities and / or raising a family in a safe environment. Quaint and beautiful with a population of people so honest and trusting you would think you traveled back to the 50s. I've lived there and loved the place (though I wouldn't live their again.. winters just too long / too severe).

Davis is a guy from the school of "bad pub is better than no pub" and lives to see his name in print. No coincidence that gentlemen like Reggie loved GB and a-holes like Davis hate it. Says much more about the person than the town. Go GB West HS!
Interesting take my friend and it confirms much of what I've suspected about the town.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkWow":2iurehvg said:

He wasn't talking about Green Bay, he was talking about Appleton, where the team is staying. I've been to Appleton. It's nothing to write home about.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Lambeau is a great old stadium located in a really quaint neighborhood. You don't even have to pay to park when you go to a game there. You just drive around in the surrounding neighborhood and park wherever you find an open spot along the road. Then, at worst, you have a 15 minute walk to the stadium (through the nice, safe sidewalks of the neigborhood). Bring a seat-pad though, those metal bleachers get COLD.

Candlestick, on the other hand, is located on the scummy outskirts of South San Francisco. Because it is on a peninsula, there's a tight bottleneck getting in or out, and there's no free parking within a mile of the stadium. It takes hours to get out of the parking lot after a game. The stadium is a terrible place and a good portion of the fans are thugs. That said, Candlestick Point will be a decent place once they level the stadium (particularly if you like fishing -- there a couple good fishing piers right near the stadium).

---

If he's talking about Appleton, that's a pretty fun place to stay if you ever decide to go out to a Green Bay game. Lots of good bars and restaurants all in walking distance from the Radisson where the opposing teams stay. It's definitely no sh*thole.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Anyplace that is below zero, unless I happen to be skiing, is a shithole.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scottemojo":a843urha said:

Based on that, you'd likely prefer Tijuana to GB, then. ; )

rjas77

Reaction score
When was the last time someone was stabbed at a Packer game?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1x28wk3d said:

Scott, I have to tell ya, below zero isn't so great for skiing or snowmobiling either. Certainly jacked up for a football game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1zbu94ox said:
HawkWow":1zbu94ox said:

Interesting take my friend and it confirms much of what I've suspected about the town.

I grew up in an absolute real shithole, so I feel confident in distinguishing the difference. Born in (beautiful) Seattle, then moved to the shithole North side of Milwaukee, I thought I'd died and went to heaven when I got to GB. And considering my circumstances (Boy's home), that's really saying something, lol. Just loved it there but again, too cold...now that I know better. ; ) I hope you enjoy your time there should you go.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1uj6kt96 said:
Scottemojo":1uj6kt96 said:

Scott, I have to tell ya, below zero isn't so great for skiing or snowmobiling either. Certainly jacked up for a football game.

Oh, I know. Though I have done lots of below zero boarding, and loved most of it. Unless the wind starts blowing, then I'm out.

@ whoever mentioned Tijuana, I don't exclude such places, I just include frozen wastelands.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":dkglgidv said:
HawkWow":dkglgidv said:

He wasn't talking about Green Bay, he was talking about Appleton, where the team is staying. I've been to Appleton. It's nothing to write home about.

Whoops. Quoted wrong post.

HawkWow

Reaction score
minormillikin":25xx2k5q said:
Lambeau is a great old stadium located in a really quaint neighborhood. You don't even have to pay to park when you go to a game there. You just drive around in the surrounding neighborhood and park wherever you find an open spot along the road. Then, at worst, you have a 15 minute walk to the stadium (through the nice, safe sidewalks of the neigborhood). Bring a seat-pad though, those metal bleachers get COLD.

Candlestick, on the other hand, is located on the scummy outskirts of South San Francisco. Because it is on a peninsula, there's a tight bottleneck getting in or out, and there's no free parking within a mile of the stadium. It takes hours to get out of the parking lot after a game. The stadium is a terrible place and a good portion of the fans are thugs. That said, Candlestick Point will be a decent place once they level the stadium (particularly if you like fishing -- there a couple good fishing piers right near the stadium).

---

If he's talking about Appleton, that's a pretty fun place to stay if you ever decide to go out to a Green Bay game. Lots of good bars and restaurants all in walking distance from the Radisson where the opposing teams stay. It's definitely no sh*thole.

Awesome write up.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Game Plan: If the ninnies lose, everyone gets on twitter and makes this guys upcoming week living hell.

Latest posts