James in PA

Reaction score
5b0e7a042bbb79cbfe906018e686b563.jpg

“I mean, this AB guy sounds like a real jerk!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Imagine that, he's a Patriot :pukeface:

The team with the owner who is alleged to have hired sex slaves for prostitution. But that's another story and coming to the truth about what happened there may never happen. Here we have both stories and indications of dubious character.

Glad he's their problem. Glad the AB circus has now travelled there instead of to Seattle. Couldn't happen to nicer group of guys.

I'm out, and really could care less what happens.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Welp a Pennsylvania DA has now gotten involved. Now child endangerment has been mentioned.

This morning, the sports talking heads were going on about how the commissioner's exempt list had not been used in civil matters, just criminal ones. The DA is part of the criminal-law infrastructure.

The league should sit this guy until the matters are resolved.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/09/11/ ... nsylvania/

BOSTON (CBS) – The Allegheny County District Attorney’s office in Pennsylvania is now investigating allegations of rape included in a civil lawsuit against Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Pittsburgh station KDKA reports District Attorney Stephen Zappala made the announcement Wednesday afternoon.

“When something’s filed, and alleges a crime was committed, we take a look at it,” Zappala said.

The district attorney’s office released a statement, saying:

“There is nothing extraordinary about doing that. This office, as a matter of course, will review information in a federal lawsuit whenever that information references potential criminal activity, even if that activity had not been previously known to law enforcement. Another example of this would be a federal civil rights lawsuit filed against a police officer or department alleging behavior on the part of the officer or the department that was not previously known.”

Britney Taylor, Brown’s former trainer, said in the lawsuit filed in the Southern District of Florida that the former Pittsburgh Steeler and Oakland Raider sexually assaulted her on three occasions. One of the alleged incidents took place in Pittsburgh.

“As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision,” Taylor said in a statement on Tuesday. “I have found strength in my faith, my family, and from the accounts of other survivors of sexual assault. Speaking out removes the shame that I have felt for the past year and places it on the person responsible for my rape.”

Brown denied the allegations Tuesday night through a statement put out by his attorney.

In a statement to WBZ, the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office said, “Neither Northern Regional Police Department nor our office was ever contacted about the 2017 event that is contained in the federal lawsuit.”

The office was notified about a possible child endangerment situation involving Brown. “The result of that conversation was a decision that we could not move forward with investigating that claim,” Zappala’s office said in a statement.

Vesuve

Reaction score
nategreat":ptwxucm9 said:
Hmmm.... like I said, something smells fishy. And I HATE defending Antonio Brown....

I read his emails saw the vids you posted.

Weird email, and hard to comprehend. But Playas don't need good writing skills. (He's weird.)

As for the vids, this makes one wonder about her motivation......

:snack:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It won't matter because based on those texts, at least half of any reasonable jury is going to reach the conclusion he is admitting to sexual assault in those texts. You can read it both ways if you like, but she just has to convince more than half to see her side.

This is almost assured based on him putting that in writing.

So if it was a money grab, he should have paid it. For the same reason that corporations settle many near spurious lawsuits if they take settlements less than 250K.

Once he gets found guilty by a jury, and liable, that will be a news story. Big time. And if the NFL has been playing him all this time in the face of rape accusations? There is going to be interesting heat on the advertisers - and on the NFL brand.

She was very smart in filing the civil suit because her burden of proof is less. Remember, OJ was found not guilty but he lost the civil suit. Very different possibilities in coming away unscathed from a civil verdict, and that isn't great if you have the media waiting on the outcome.

Chapow

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1px1l2w7 said:
If she was raped wouldn't she report it to the authorities, or is getting paid for it what she is after?

Most rapes and sexual assaults go unreported.

Sexual Assault Remains Dramatically Underreported

It may sound incredible that only around 23 percent of survivors report such crimes to police, but it’s true. And that number is in line with past reports: Surveys of 2014 and 2015 both put reporting rates for rape and sexual assault in the low 30s.

Sexual assault survivors struggle with a wide range of emotions that make coming forward difficult: fear of revictimization, distortion of allegations, and generally not being believed. As psychotherapist Beverly Engel puts it, “victims are often too ashamed to come forward. Sexual assault is a very humiliating and dehumanizing act against someone.” Why do victims often blame themselves? Engel continues: “[A]ttached to that shame is a lot of self-blame [. . .] because in our culture, we tend to blame victims in general.”

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/sexu ... erreported

We, as a society, really need to get past the whole "If she was really raped/sexually assaulted, why wouldn't she have reported it?". It's because they are humiliated, ashamed, and afraid.

*Please note that I am not commenting on this specific incident (AB). I'm just trying to inform people that were apparently unaware, that it is extremely common for rape and sexual assault to go unreported.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Agree Chapow.

One of the biggest news stories IN THE WORLD is about a rich guy raping little girls and getting away with it even after being reported multiple times. For years.

Some of the victims have named other people they have been victimized by in this same series of incidents (Including Prince Andrew who is also in multiple photographs with victims and the sites) and nothing is going to happen.

If you have money, you stand a much higher % at avoiding criminal prosecution. Why would a rape victim want to contend with a system riddled with loopholes and for the most part, mostly downsides?

Most people do not trust our criminal justice system. Why would you expect her, as a potential victim, to trust it?

But filing a civil suit makes it a much easier road - because you don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt at all.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thanks to TwistedHusky for pointing out the relevant legal points... Yes, a Civil suit like she has filed is a much better vehicle for making AB squirm, without having to rely on criminal justice machinery and prosecutor charging decisions, which are subject to political whims.

I don't have a clear opinion, don't know enough yet.

On one hand, there are plenty of scumbags who do stuff like Brown is accused of.

On the other hand, there is a class of sociopathic, personality disordered women who revel in the opportunity to make false allegations, especially false rape allegations. I had this happen to me, actually. I was fortunate in that I had filed a DV restraining order against her and had her removed from my residence a month prior to her allegations, and then won the DV case and protection order at the hearing. So her false rape allegation two weeks later, without evidence, came across as vengeful sour grapes. The point here is that false sexual assault allegations can and do happen regularly in real life, and are commonly made by a certain predatory class of women. Don't anyone buy the falsehood that no woman would ever lie about this stuff.

The subplot that Ms. Taylor is getting married... interesting. Perhaps trying to "prove" to her fiance that her encounter with AB was not a consensual act is a primary motivation here too.
This will be interesting, to see how it plays out... what actual evidence comes out beyond he-said, she-said.
:snack:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Ramfan128":14jbe3ax said:
As all this stuff was going on with the Raiders, I was thinking to myself: this feels similar to the Kellen Winslow stuff - just not sexual assault. Then this came out.

Whether it's true or not (and I think it's true - can't remember where I saw it but she's only going after $75,000) - this guy needs help.

$75k is just the minimum threshold to file in Federal Court. The court can award anything over that amount if they side with her. Suits often just list $75k to meet the minimum acceptable amount so the Federal Court will hear the case.